9.24.2007

My weekend

We left Thursday evening, after dropping Anna off with my "cousin aunt" (as Ross calls her) Pam, and headed to St. George. Since we got there late, we didn't do anything that evening. Although I was so excited to sleep in, I must be used to getting up with Anna every morning and I woke up at 7:30 AM (much to Ross's dismay). We got breakfast and decided we would walk to the temple and go through a session.


It was such a beautiful day and I miss how you can walk pretty much from anywhere TO anywhere in St. George in a short amount of time. We got there right when one session was starting and the next one didn't start for 40 minutes and it was nice not worrying about leaving Anna that long. But, by the time we got out, walked back, changed and got somewhere to eat, it was like 2:00 PM.



Ross picked where we were going for lunch and I really didn't care but....



....we ended up here. Now I don't know if it was because we ate here or if it was because I didn't have much for breakfast, it had been a long time since I had ate and then I ate a lot, but shortly after I didn't feel so good. We headed to the store to get something for my tummy and when we got outside I took the bad from Ross, took the stuff out and gave it to him and puked right there unto the bag in the parking lot.

So we drove around for a bit, headed back to the hotel and I took a nice nap (something I haven't done in a while, but considering the circumstances...) When I woke up we decided to go to the movies and we had about 10 minutes to make the 7 o'clock show (once again, something we haven't been able to do in a while). We saw the Bourne Ultimatum and it was FANSTASMIC!

When we got back we went to the pool and swam until the pool closed for the night. And it's a good thing we went when we had a chance cause the next morning we woke up to this.


I have never seen it rain so hard for so long in St. George! The streets were flooding. We were planning on going on a hike and hanging out outside today, but obviously we did not check the weather before we planned our trip and got our days mixed up and did all the inside stuff yesterday. So we ended up heading back a little early and it rained the ENTIRE way home!

Although, it may sound like this is a story straight from the life of Brynn and Nate or that I didn't have fun, it's untrue. We really did have a good time. Most of all, we handled being without Anna much better than expected and she didn't even seem to miss us at all :( She had too much fun hanging out with her cousins and being spoiled with all the attention. Thanks again to Pam and my mom and dad who watched her. I think we might be doing something like this again...hint hint!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!! We aren't always that unlucky! We are heading off to Hawaii next week and I'm praying real hard that nothing bad will happen! It sounds like it was still a fun filled weekend. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Chelsie said...

It sounds like you still had a good time, minus the puking! Sorry about that! You didn't mention the fact that you ate at BEAR PAW! I think that's my whole reason for ever going to St. George. Your daughter was so funny this weekend. I went over there one day and she would crawl up to Cooper, then crawl to the gate mom got to block the stairs..she would just go back and forth. Then Cooper was sitting in the chair thing and she would come over and take Coopers binkie then crawl away..then come up to the chair, grab on and stand up..then peek around to see Coop, and wave and smile..she was crackin us up!

10zfam said...

Happy Anniversary, sounds like you had an interesting weekend. Oh well, it was probably nice to just be with Ross.
Congrats on 3 years

Barb said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a fun weekend despite the rain and all. Just a weekend to not think about bottles, naps etc. etc. would be great escape.

Anonymous said...

DUDE, you were in my home town! Isn't it a great place! By the way, no dissin on the GC (a.k.a. Golden Corral)...I used to work there, you know!