11.24.2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

This year for Thanksgiving, we were with the Kennington clan (my mother-in-laws family). Everything was great; really though, how can you go wrong with a holiday all about food? Ross's aunt Bonnie makes the MOST fabulous stuffing ever with cranberries and apples and....it's just heavenly and I had been looking forward to it for the past 2 years!


Anna had her first taste of pie. I made a triple berry pie (blackberries, raspberries and blueberries) and I figured it wouldn't be so bad if I just gave her the berries from the pie.


She LOVED it! The pictures don't do her justice. Her lips were stained red from the berries.


The Kennington's had a Wii and I have heard how fun they are and had yet to play this game. So I challenged Chelsea to a game of tennis...and won; Caleb to a game of boxing...and won; Ross took his turn...and I won again. Booyah! But then, Ross's cousin Gordon (who is, I think, 12?) was my next opponent, and he beat me in record time. It brought me back to reality quite quickly. And I have to admit, my arms are a tad sore from boxing. So very sad.



Then came Black Friday...who would have ever pictured Ross to be one of those who got up at 4:30AM to stand in line?! He wanted a flat screen so bad and they were having this uber good deal on a 37" at Target. He had to run past people and fight his way through. But he did it! He said there were almost 20 and he grabbed the 3rd to last and by the time he was walking away from the display...there were none!


He came home and set it up that day. He had to take apart the entertainment center because the tv wouldn't fit and ended up taking the entire top off and just leaving the bottom. The only problem now is, I have this huge empty wall that wasn't there before. Any ideas of what we could put/do with the above space?

Hope everyone elses Thanksgivings were enjoyable!


9 comments:

Chelsie said...

Your TV looks fabulous! Brandon is jealous..and I must say that I am very impressed that Ross woke up so early! Your pie looks great...mmm..and Anna looks like she thinks it is too. Hey how bout them Utes..haha Ross...GO COUGARS

brynn eyre said...

The tv looks awesome! I am a little jealous! Our TV is so huge and heavy we have to have like three people move it! Good job Ross for being an early morning shopper.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Anonymous said...

With a tv that beautiful you don't need to put up any more decorations. I think that sexy thing can really finish the look of any room.

The Wilson Family said...

GO ROSS!!! I am proud to know you. Did you have to beat up old ladies or crazies?? I hope so that makes the story that much better. Megan did you go with him?

Ross said...

No old ladies, but I think I knocked over a pregnant lady! She was way too slow.

Barb said...

Men and their electronics. Funny thing it is. pretty tv though.

Unknown said...

Sweet Tv. I did the "black Friday" thing too. But, I was running and knocking people over for baby & kids toys. haha.

Brandon & Tiff said...

I was laughing so hard at picturing Ross running to get the TV. Your pie sounds amazing too. All of my favortie things mmmm! I'll have to talk you into making that again one day. By the way the TV looks great.
Brandon agrees with Nate's comment.