5.06.2008

Annabelle Funnies

Chelsie told me I was slacking at posting, but nothing too exciting going on here - we have stayed busy by going to Ogden every weekend to celebrate the gazillion birthdays in our families during April and May. Seriously, is there something about June and July that make people want to make babies? Ross is either at work or working on the car - we have now officially put about as much money into the Accord as it is worth. Yippee! He also likes to style Annabelle's hair all crazy with gel after I have just given her a bath and washed her hair - grrrr.


Annabelle is such a crazy little girl. She is getting more personality each day. She is probably getting louder each day too - but that is to be expected. She is also doing much better at eating so called 'table foods.' Although she still hasn't figured out that she can't swallow when her mouth is completely full - what a weirdo.
At least 5 times a day she asks for a 'nana.' We have always called her 'Anna Banana' - maybe we have been secretly slipping her subliminal messages.

She also wants to spend every waking moment outside. She runs outside to our neighbors house and barks at their door (cause they have a dog) and then beelines it to the rocks where she would be content for the next 3 hours.


We will usually walk to the mail box after about 20 minutes of playing with the rocks - but she has to have one rock in her hand at all times and she will trade it in for better rocks she finds along the way.



And throwing the rocks is her favorite past time.


I have also mentioned how she likes to climb into everything and get into my swim bag? She thinks she is so funny!


She is getting better at playing with other kids too, as opposed to just playing along side them. Last week we went to our friends house to watch the Jazz game and she had a such a blast playing with Bostyn. She even gave her a hug! Which is totally lame because she never gives us hugs.

You know what else is totally lame? Today we were at Good Earth getting Anna's yogurt (it's the only place I can find a big thing of yogurt made with whole milk) and she wanted to hold it while I was looking at some other stuff - okay. Then she hucked it at the floor and it spilled everywhere. Yeah! My first 'grocery store mess due to my child' exprience. I found a staffer and told them what happened and took them to the spill and Anna started yelling "NO! NO! NO!" at the top of her lungs like 30 times - priceless.

15 comments:

10zfam said...

lol, that's funny about the yogurt. welcome to taking children grocery shopping. anna is definately in overman, sorry ross.
i posted on chelsie's blog that we need to get together so you guys can teach me how to decorate cakes. i have 2 b-days coming up.

C and C Young said...

I am cracking up--she is too funny. I agree with karianne,she is totally an Overman!

Sarah said...

She is so cute! Why do you buy her whole milk yogurt? Just curious if they are not supposed to have the other yogurt until there two or something.

Chelsie said...

hahaha.....she makes me laugh so hard. See nothing to post about? These stories are fabulous! I can just picture you in Good Earth...after she threw it....putting your hand on your forehead...it's all so clear. She is so funny! I don't know what it is....but in some pictures...I can see that her and coop are related...I can't quite put my finger on what they have in common...side note did you edit some of your photos missy! check you out! they look great!

Anonymous said...

Anna getting louder, no way...she is definitely your daughter! I must admit she does have the cutest personality out of any kid her age and I am not just saying that because I am her favorite aunt!

Unknown said...

She seriously cracks me up! What a little spunky personality she has...it always makes life interesting and keeps ya on our toes! :)

Jaclyn said...

she is sooo cute. i love when they get there great personality. you always want them to talk so bad when they are little and when they do you wonder why sometimes.

Carlee Hoopes said...

HAHAHA! I can't wait! The things I have to look forward to.

By the way, she's adorable. She has the prettiest eyes and I think it's cute that she is so fascinated by the rocks and getting into bags. I guess you just have to take the whole package with kids, huh? They can be so dang cute, but also so frustrating at times. Luckily I hear the good outweighs the bad. :)

The Wilson Family said...

I'm pretty sure you are talking about my son you just substituted Anna's name in there! My child has now figured out to say NO MAMA NO!!

Megan said...

Sarah - I was told to give them whole dairy products until the age of 2. Anna LOVES yogurt and eats it almost every day and she needs all the calories she can get, which is probably why her doc told me to give that to her. I don't know if it applies to all babies?!

Chelsie - yes I did use the Picnik to touch up my photos. To everyone out there, my friend Barb introduced me to www.picnik.com where you can use their software for FREE to fix red eye, crop and enhance photos in case you don't have photoshop or you are a little slow in using the advanced stuff - like me. THANKS BARB!

Sarah said...

Good to know!

The Ballard's said...

Perfect. That is the kinda stuff people love to read. She is beautiful and I love the picture in the chair.

Heidi said...

Holy Cow, this is Heidi (Howell) Montague, I haven't seen you forever! I've been looking at your blog the last few weeks through Ashley Wimmer's and I just barely created an account so I could finally leave a comment. I can't believe how cute and old your little girl is! Now that Ashley is back in town we all need to get together from the good old 19th ward. I'm pregnant too, due in November. I don't have a blog as of yet but just wanted to say hi!

Poulsen Family said...

It's for the other Megan, But she never does it. So I want you to do it as well. HAHAHAHAH

ThE fRoNkS!... said...

She is so cute! I think she looks like Ross. I am sure you get that often- but it just clicked. Hope all is well!!