
She really played in the sink for about a half and hour and we had to drag her away to take her home. The next morning Ross woke up early to 'put together' my present, or so he told me. When Anna woke up we were both allowed to come out to the living room. Anna was so excited. For days she kept asking 'When Santa come and bring my toys?'
While Anna went to town unpacking her stocking, I got to enjoy the present Ross got me. A yummy breakfast! He cut up a bunch of yummy fresh fruit for the both of us (he didn't buy any kiwis though), yogurt and roasted almonds. Oh the smell was heavenly.
This year was even more fun than the last because Anna seemed to understand what was going on a little more and was excited for all of her presents.

Yeah, she loves the markers. I don't know if I do so much. By the time we were done with opening presents her pajamas were covered in markers. Oh and ignore the fact that she is wearing her Halloween pj's. LOL. My family has the tradition of opening pj's on Christmas Eve; however, we were not with them so she didn't get them until Christmas Day. Oh well.
After we opened our presents, we packed up, braved the storm and drove to my parents house. When we walked in the door Bradee surprised Ross with balloons. You see, it is Ross' birthday on Christmas day. This sort of confused Anna because we had taught her that is was Jesus' birthday on Christmas and we didn't tell her it was her Daddy's birthday too (so as not to confuse her) but everyone else wanted to point out the correlation. 
She would have been more confused if she wasn't distracted by all the toys. Grandma and Grandpa sure did spoil all of us and all of the grand kids as well. For Anna's birthday I had made her a tutu which she then started calling her 'princess dress'. Well, the only princess she knows is princess pea on 'Super Why' so she wanted a wand with her tutu. I told my mom that Ross gave her a fly swatter, which is why I think my mom gave her a new one for Christmas ;)
She loved it. No one else could touch her 'wandsup' (princess pea says 'Wands up! Spell with me) she kept telling us it was 'bootiful'. After they opened presents and Anna took a nap we headed to Ross' family for more presents, dinner and cake and ice cream for Ross' birthday (I made his fave cake, found here). Anna got spoiled again with lots of fun stuff, including this little ditty.
For Ross' birthday he really wanted to go to a Jazz game so we bought tickets for the 26th and then found out my dad could get tickets to the game in his works suite. So being the nice children we are gave our tickets to Ross' parents for Christmas and went with my dad to the game. Hey! They didn't want Christmas presents so it was better than nothing, right!?
It ended up being an awesome game with the Jazz winning even with a lot of their players out. Ross used our camera as binoculars so he could see who was dressed, on the bench, and who wasn't even at the game. Thanks dad for the tickets!
Too bad the drive home was terrible! They had closed a portion of the freeway down because of a multiple car pile up and it took us 2 hours to get home! Luckily we had dropped Anna off at my parents house before the game and we were spending the night. The next day Anna was so happy to wake up and play with her cousins again. Her and Maddie had fun jumping on the air mattress and pointing at everyone the could see in the pictures. I love that she has cousins to play with that are her age.


23 comments:
Happy Birthday Ross! I love Anna's expression when she has the wand! Christmas looks like so much fun when they actually get what is going on! I can't wait.
sounds like you had a great christmas. anna is so cute. you totally should buy her the markers that only color on special paper, they are called color wonders. they are great.
How fun!!! I love your stockings!!! My mom had made similar ones for us growing up (I am pretty sure they were inspired by your family's)...
That Anna is such a doll!!! I love her wand! And Happy Birthday, Ross!
Happy Birthday Ross! And Merry Christmas to you guys! What a fun time, Love the wand and the cake. I'll have to attempt it some time :)
i think the best part of going to the game in the suite is having your own bathroom, ah that's the best. ha, all that fresh fruit looks fabulous and the roasted almonds were so good too, thanks for sharing. no worries coop still wears his halloween pjs too...hey they still fit so why not right? ha and the wands up thing was HILARIOUS! ah we do have a pretty swell family. see you again in a few days!
What a fun filled Christmas/Birthday for Ross! It was so good to see you and Anna the other day- we must do that more often for sure :) Anna is so cute and I can tell she was too much fun on Christmas!
That snow storm was the pits for travel! I bet she loves the chalkboard. Syd got one for her birthday and she loves it. Grandparents always spoil though, what do ya do.
I made my girls tutus for Christmas. They love them and look so cute dancing around the house in them.
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas/Birthday. The cake you made for Ross looks De-lish!!! I'm definitely going to have to try that one.
You have such a good thoughtful husband to get up and make you good Christmas breakfast. Sounds like you guys had a great Holiday season. can't wait to see what is in store for this evening. Happy late Birthday Ross. when are you going to do your youtube video of your hair?
Fun Christmas! I love all the cute pictures, and I'm way jeolous you got to go to the game in the suite, your dad has the hookups!
That breakfast looks amazing. You had a pretty awesome Christmas.... I'm sure you were exhausted after it. :)
I hope you have a happy new year.
- Sarah
That breakfast looks amazing. You had a pretty awesome Christmas.... I'm sure you were exhausted after it. :)
I hope you have a happy new year.
- Sarah
What a sweat husband to make you breakfast. Even on his birthday. Happy birthday Ross. It is so much fun with a little one to open presents. Glad you had a great day.
that picture of anna with the markers is too adorable. what a cutie.
how are you feeling? when do you find out the gender of baby #2?
Looks like you guys had a great holiday and fun birthdays too. :) I'm sad we did not to get to see you guys at all. We should get together sometime soon. We have done real bad on the temple trips once a month. We need to change that.
I'm curious as to how you do the roasted almonds,( if you didn't know I am a recipe stealer), just ask Chelsie. So anyway if you don't mind I'd love to know that one please. Also I'm thinking we should try those special markers that only work on certain paper, not close or skin, or your couch. Maybe you should check those kind out as well.
Hi Megan, I found your blog through Tynel so hopefully you don't mind me visiting. And after I saw you at Olive Garden last week I was like I felt really rude because I didn't recognize you cause its been like over 10 years or so since I've seen you. You have such a cute little family! It looks like you had a great Christmas!
I am glad she liked the wand. And do you guys make your own spiced almonds? I need your recipe if you do.
Happy Belated Birthday Ross!! Looks and sounds like you had awesome Christmas. Love all the expressions and fun photos of Anna. Thanks for sharing your Christmas with us.
CORYNN - I am feeling much better now. No more sickness (hallelujah) so I am just trying to savor the second trimester before I am ginormous and uncomfortable ;) I am 16 weeks and I don't get an ultrasound until 20 weeks and that is when I will find out the gender of baby #2. I am really antsy though cause I know they can find out now and I wish I knew. I have a patience problem...
KATIE & MELANIE - Ross bought a kit at Macey's grocery store to make the roasted almonds. He just bought some raw almonds and then a bottle of 'Back to Basics Cinnamon Nut Glaze.' All he had to do was add water and he used our wok since we don't have a nut roasting pan. They still turned out exactly like the ones you buy - delicous!
Holidays are so busy! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, family, and food. Happy Birthday Ross. Also, Megan don't get too antsy about knowing the gender because remember I got an ultrasound at 15 weeks and they told me it was a boy. I hope you don't have to go through the crossing off your gender on the relief society lists :)
Just wanted to remind you the Happy New Year offer ends Mon. Jan. 5th at noon for the free 8x10 print. Spread the word for people to post and e-mail David Bowman by then :) Have a beautiful Sunday! ♥ Hugs! Shauna
Ok. firstly let me say, I Can't BELIEVE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN TO CHUCK-E-CHEESES! I thought everyone went there when they were kids :) My kiddos love that place. Me not so much anymore. hehe.
I totally need to get some of that Carmel apple pancake stuff... YUMMY! As soon as I am off this stupid Low carb diet of course :)
love that picture of you flashing the girls. hehe. the looks on their faces too! and the K.Y....nice :) Looks like a fun party!
Post a Comment