1.26.2009

My January

Jan 6: Go look at a house Ross and I liked.
Jan 13: Put an offer on the aforementioned house.

Jan 14: Offer got accepted and we begin to freak out (from excitement and from being a little scared) We just bought a house! Yeah!

Jan 15: I can't sleep for a few nights because I can't stop thinking about painting, the furniture I want (but will have to acquire slowly) and having a yard and an ATTACHED GARAGE - no more lugging in groceries with a toddler from my garage that's half a block away!

Jan 16: Find out that even though we are out of our lease at our condo, we didn't give the rental company 30 days notice before we were going to move out (HELLO, we didn't have 30 days notice either). So we have to find someone to move in by February or we have to pay rent for a month in which we don't live here. Ross puts it up on KSL at 4PM and I have someone here at 5PM!

Jan. 20: I am getting really sick of people looking at my house, but not as sick of it as Anna is. People have turned in applications but it will be a few days before we know if all their references check and what not.

Jan 22: Yeah! Our condo got rented. Sigh of relief. I bought a kitchen table (from the money I made selling the stuff from 12 Days of Giveaways). Thanks Ellen for the table! Head up to Ogden to go to Time Out for Women. But first I went to Logan, met up with some fantastic friends and knocked a craving off my list.



Jan 23: Sign the loan documents. I consider having my signature made into a stamp. Our house gets appraised. Attend another day at Time Out For Women (thanks for the tickets Saundra and to my family for watching Annabelle while I was gone).

Jan 24: House inspection - everything looks good. Started cleaning our new house (the previous owners have been gone for a couple of months = dusty. Plus I am anal with cleaning)

Jan 25: Got boxes and trailer for our move.

Jan 26: Start packing - Booo! Man. We got a lot of stuff. Where did it all come from?

Jan 27: Start cleaning our condo. Packing. Clean new house.

Jan 28: Repeat

Jan 29: Closing on the house.

Jan 31: Move in. Finish cleaning our condo for the inspection.

Feb 1: Collapse!

41 comments:

Marie Rose said...

wow..you sound like me but mine goes more like...pack house...drive load to Julies...work on finishing basement before we have to move in...and repeat. I was meaning to call you. Les has a cousin who works for a box company and I totally could have got you TONS of boxes for free. I'm sorry. I should have called you. I was going to do it today. If you need more boxes let me know and I'll hook you up. I can't wait to see pictures of your new house. Hooray for a yard!

Tori said...

congrats on getting a new house! i wish you luck over the next few days and hope you have a relaxing february!!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! You didn't even tell me about any of this until now. Congratulations! I want to see some pics what is wrong with you. Where are you moving too. I want details. I'm so excited for you guys. Good luck with the move it is always fun. However a great time to get rid of some junk.

C and C Young said...

That is so awesome!! I was so happy when moved back and bought a house---I knew I wouldn't be moving anymore for a long long time. We have moved way too much. If you need any help let me know.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, congrats! Where is your house? Well, after things have settled down, we need to do our roomie get together. It has been almost a year since Firehouse. Now that is crazy.

Lori said...

congrats! moving is stressful, but very exciting. congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the house! I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see pictures of it!

Carlee Hoopes said...

Holy cow! Congrats! I didn't know you guys were looking at houses even. That's great, but it sounds so draining! Now you gotta take some pics so we can see it!!!

Heidi said...

Holy Crap! and your pregnant! How exciting on the new house, and i'm jeolous because we too live in a condo so I know how you feel with no yard and such. I can't wait till the day we get to have a real house with a yard and garage! Right now I'll just be living your dream!

Jenny said...

OH WOW Megan..now that's a month! Hope it all goes well with the closing and moving this week :)
haha, I guess now I know what I put people through each time I help them find a house. Seems like us crazy women always move when we're pregnant! I was 8 months...so I'm glad you're not as far along. I can't believe I'm considering moving again right now!! Ugh, I shouldn't have sold and rented....now I'll have the itch till I buy again!

Danielle said...

A HOUSE?!! Congrats!!! remember not to over do it too much! you need rest!!!

Jaclyn said...

boy, you have had a fun time like me. we just got done with the same thing except we threw in there our neigbor smashed our car so we had to get it fixed and get a rental. don't you just love moving! good luck. you will love having your own place though. where is it?

Kandace Smith said...

That is so crazy because we have been going through the same thing! We close on our new house on friday! We have also lost sleep thinking about our new house. It is way too exciting too. we are so excited for you guys to be in a house. It will be nice with two kids soon! Well congrats!

Liz said...

First, What the crap!! You were in Logan and I didn't get a call?! Yep, we are in a fight! Second, yeah for a house! Don't forget no scraping the car because it is in a garage! You must put pictures up!

Megan said...

SARAH C. - We haven't really told a lot of people. Mostly because it all happened so fast and we have been crazy busy.

CASSI - No more moving for a while is also another point I forgot to mention. Yeah! Thanks.

ERIN - I think after a month like that, roomies and a pizookie is what I will NEED! ;)

CARLEE - We have been looking pretty much since we moved here. So this was 2 years in the making. LOL. But everytime we found a house it had a stipulation we didn't like (i.e. by the railroad tracks, very small yard, etc)

JENNY - The realator who was selling the house reminds me of you SO much. I forgot to mention it. Seriously. She is you in 20 years!

JACLYN - No fun for you guys. Sorry about the car. We are staying in the same city, just the other side of town.

KANDACE - Congrats to you guys too! That is awesome!

LIZ - Please don't be mad. I really was in Logan for exactly one hour and that is how long it took us to eat lunch. We do need to hang out though!

EVERYONE - I will post pictures after we move in and I unpack everything/decorate. Hopefully it is before the end of the year! LOL. I will soon.

The Davies Family said...

Ahh that is so exciting! COngrats!!! I am so happy for you and a little jealous..not going to lie to you! Can't wait to see pictures. oh and good luck being prego and moving..I HATED THAT!
Can't wait to see the pictures..and didn't you love Time out for Women? I went last May in Toronto and loved it!
So we have no idea where we will move to when Ryan gradutes..any suggestions? jobs are hard to find right now.
oh and Shabby Apple has maternity..check it out!

Becky said...

That is SO exciting!! I HATE packing so much, so I don't envy you at all, but don't worry- it's so worth it when you get into your house! Where is it? Can we see pics?

Niki said...

Yeah for buying a house, can you believe we are old enough to own our own house. I hate moving we have moved a total of 5 times in 4 years fun. Glad you are doing it before baby number two. Good Luck!

Deamers said...

good luck! I hate moving. But i love unpacking. THen everything will be all organized (for a while!) also I'm glad you found a kitchen, you said you wanted one! plus only 10 bucks pretty nice!

The Kippen House said...

Wow!!! Sounds like fun, actually. I love changes in housing because you can change everything. However, I would not want to do it while pregnant. Good luck! If you want we will take Anna this weekend! I would love to see her and Charlie together!!!

The Goodrich's said...

Congrats! Where did you guys find a house, and are the prices reasonable?

We went through that excitement in December only to find out that the house we offered on needed a little too much work than we wanted to undertake. So now we are in limbo...living in Sandy with his parents and house hunting.

10zfam said...

wow, i'm so excited for you. you'll have to have a house warming party and let us all come see it. when we bought our house i was pregnant with hailey and i ended up throwing up from being stressed out. what a stressful yet exciting time

Deanna said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I so want to be in a house...I'm slightly jealous, with the exception of everything that comes with it! :) Way to go!

The Wilson Family said...

That was me with this house, pregnant and packing! BOO!!! But I love this house and it isn't Ogden! Well I would love to come see your house and help you unpack even if you need. Let me know my kid can distract your kid. Sound good?

brynn eyre said...

Congrats! That is so awesome! I can't wait to see pics! The one positive about when we bought our house is that we didn't have to move! I was 6 months pregnant and having to pack and move would have made me an even meaner pregnant women! Good luck!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

How exciting. That sounds like such a crazy month. I remember when we moved in to our house I was finishing my last semester in school and it was just crazy. I dido the wanting to see pictures...and I want to see before it is all decorated. I don't have patience. jk.

Chelsie said...

yeah for a house!! you know that since we will be moving from a house to an apt i will be spending countless days at your place right? what you're not ok with that? you always said when you moved into a house you wanted a dog? want jack? we'd throw him in for free? see you saturday

CORYNN AND JER said...

Congrats! It is sooo much better to own your own place. What are the details on it? Square footage, # of bedrooms, # of bathrooms, size of the lot/yard, year it was built, etc.? Do you have much fixing up to do on it? We had to replace every inch of flooring in our place, but it was totally worth it.
I'm glad you made it safely through the canyon on Thursday... there were 14 accidents there between 10am and 11am that morning. Jer's was at the foot of the canyon right by that light in Wellsville. Let me know next time you are around, too! I hope you can make it next month when I do lunch in SLC with some girlfriends again. My last hurrah before baby #2 comes along! :)

Susie said...

Congrats on buying your first house that is very exciting news. It sure did sound like it went fast it must be meant to be. So where are you moving too? Make sure you send photos of your new home. Sounds like you are going to be very busy moving that is not that fun to do that is for sure. Best of luck moving and getting settled.

ashley said...

That is SO AWESOME!! Congrats guys! Can't wait to see some pics. No rush though, it can take a while to settle in when you have a little "helper" pulling stuff out of boxes and putting it away. But lets see a belly shot too while your at it!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Megan! I am SOOOO excited for you! I didn't know you guys were getting a house. That is great, I know it is SO MUCH work and tons of time and paper work...I CAN"T WAIT too see it! good luck getting all moved in.

Natasha said...

Congratulations! It sounds like a busy month for you but I'm sure you are so excited to be in a house. Hope you guys got a good deal. I want to see pictures.

Stacia Cummings said...

Congrats on the new home purchase. That is exciting. Good luck with the packing. Tell Anna not to unpack the boxes as you are packing them. Are you staying in Lehi?

Eric said...

You are clearly blessed with a wonderful husband. If you make the bacon/sausage loaf, please invite me over. I'll bring the Lipitor.

Brooke said...

Wow, I didn't know you bought a house that's awesome! I love our house, it's 58 years old, but I love it! My Feb isn't too busy, and I definitely need to get out of the house! (I was supposed to head down to St George today but my baby might have croup so probably won't happen :( ) So when you get settled it let me know!

WADDELL FAMILY said...

Congrats! Thats will be so fun to be in a bigger place and be able to fix things up before the baby comes. Its so nice to be in a place thats all yours. Good Luck with everything. If you need help let me know.

Anonymous said...

Ok so I am your 37 comment on here.. WHAT? Ok but congrats on the new move. Now you must post some pictures of the new house! How are you feeling? I don't think I could clean, move, be a mother & be pregnant all at the same time!!!

Tynel Jarnagin said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting/tiring! I hope you love your new place.

Brooke said...

So Morgan is feeling better already! I work this Wed, and the boat show is this weekend, but any time next week we are good!

Melanie said...

I am so jealous that you are in a house. Sorry we weren't around to help with the move.

Jaime said...

1st of all the food looks good, Where is it from? 2nd...Where did you move to? That is so exciting to have your own place. Now you can do whatever you want to it.