2.18.2009

What A Weekend!

toFirst, I want to thank everyone for the advice/reassurance that Anna not sleeping was, indeed, normal. It was nice to know that for most everyone their child finally caved and started napping again. It seems as though it finally happened and for the last 2 days, she has napped quite well (hallelujah!). So thank you! Thank you!

Last weekend my bother and his wife flew up for a weekend to have their open house (since they live in Arizona and not everyone got to attend their wedding). It all started Friday after Ross got off work, we drove up to my parents house to have dinner with my family and look at their wedding books. Naturally on the way up my daughter threw up in the car, about a mile before we got to my parents house. I really hope this next kid doesn't get car sick.


Saturday some of my family went skiing up at Snowbasin. I am grateful that I have siblings who know how to ski because if Ross had to go with me every time...well, it might cause some stress in our marriage ;) Okay, not really. But I stink at skiing so I would rather just meet up for lunch, which is what we did. Ross took Annabelle down the hill a couple of times - I thought she would hate it, but she loved it.



That night some of my cousins from my mom's side that I never get to see came over for dinner and we had the best friggin grilled salmon EVER! (I had to throw that in there) Annabelle did not have a nap that day and was pooped by nightfall so we took off before everyone else. You know when your kid doesn't have a nap and everyone tells you your kid is gonna sleep good tonight. Wrong! My child does the opposite. So I was surprised when I woke up the next morning without hearing a peep from her. Apparently she was up all night, but her grandpa (we were stayingg with Ross' family)had heard her and stayed up with her trying to get her to go back to sleep. I felt bad he didn't wake me up to deal with it. But he just said 'That's what grandpas are for!' What a swell guy!



Sunday Ross spoke in church with his dad and Anna made it known to the whole congregation that she was upset that both grandpa and Ross did not come back to sit with her when they were done with their talks. My child seriously does not understand the meaning of a whisper.

That evening was the actual open house. I know most of you have seen these pictures on my sisters blog, so I won't post them all again (if you want to see more then head on over here). However, I did want to show our awesome dessert table for the open house. Mind you there was other actual food, but who cares about sandwiches and salads? My sisters, mom and I made 2 types of cookies, 4 types of cupcakes and 4 types of cup cake bites. These were my favorite:





and homemade oreo cookies.


My bowels are still trying to recover from all the crap I ate this weekend. TMI? Meh. Ross headed home Sunday night so he could go to work the next day, but I was talked into staying another night so me and my sisters could take our kids to 'toddler time' at the Tree House Museum Monday morning. Turns out that since it was a national holiday, it was a no go! Boo! So we went shopping instead. Shopping = fun for me. Shopping when I am pregnant = not so fun. I am not willing to spend a butt load of money on a shirt that I am going to wear for 3 months, but whatever.


It was a fun weekend where I got to see a lot of family that I rarely get to see and to spend more time with my family. But I am not going to lie that I was super excited to sleep in my own bed that night. Then I unpacked and realized I left my phone charger at my sisters house. Seriously?!

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dessert table looks AMAZING! You had a really busy weekend, it sounds like lots of fun. I love all your pictures!

- Sarah

Deanna said...

Yeah - I'm pretty bummed I didn't get invited! Just kidding. My favorite memory of Justin was him driving us to your house in his black truck and stoping, on sunday, to fill up with gas. I realize now what a bubble I lived in!!!

Those treats are amazing!!! I seriously want to lick them...yes, on my screen. I can taste them now!!!

Chelsie said...

haha, my bowels are too just recovering...haha...i'm saddened the cookie dough cupcake bites didn't make it into your faves...mmm...i liked those! i'm still pretty bummed about the whole toddler time thing! the kids would have had a blast. how sweet of cory to stay up with anna, i'm lovin that he did that. and i bet the congregation was laughin at anna...haha, she's silly

Chelsie said...

sorry forgot again to click the email thing...love ya

Meg said...

Wow what a busy busy fun weekend. I love all the great food makes me hungry and want to eat them you girls are all creative especially with food. I can not believe Anna is in a big girls bed, and makes me sad that she gets car sick. SO I will wish you luck for the next one and hope he does not get it. And double BOO BOO on the tree house.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

What a great grandpa! Wouldn't it be nice if we had them at our house every night? All those sweets look delicious. Glad you got to have a good time.

Ty and Ber said...

YUMMY!! Those desserts look devine!!
I am glad that Anna did well up skiing. It is fun when you are able to take the little ones up.

Stacia Cummings said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I want one of those cupcake bites. I love that Anna got to go skiing.

So when are we going to plan our little #43 reunion? I'm free whenev. I told Chelsie we could meet in the middle at my house if we want. Lets get rollin.

Jenny said...

Wow, that was a busy weekend! So sweeet of grandpa to stay up with Anna...gotta love grandparents. Oh, I really want some cupcake recipes from you guys!! I'm glad that Anna is napping again too yay!! I'm working on Addie's napping habits as I type this...ugh, I hate doing it the hard way.

The Kippen House said...

I'm still salivating over Chelsea's blog pic's. Want to throw an open house for me? I'll let you!!! I'm glad Anna's sleeping again, isn't sanity wonderful?! :)

C and C Young said...

Holy crap! Those desserts are AMAZING. You guys are so friggin talented...i have blenvy.

Anjanette said...

Love the desserts. They are soooo cute. Sounds like you had an eventful weekend. Glad you guys didn't get sick. I would have felt horrible.

Danielle said...

FOr Valentines day Rob got me some "Preggie Pops" suckers from the "Motherhood" store in the mall. The lady said they're also good for kids that get car sick!! You should try it for Anna!

Danielle said...

FOr Valentines day Rob got me some "Preggie Pops" suckers from the "Motherhood" store in the mall. The lady said they're also good for kids that get car sick!! You should try it for Anna!

Heidi said...

Ha I already left a comment on chelsies blog about you guys starting your on desert shop, really you should it would be so yummy and you would be rich! Looks like fun, and what a cute grandpa to stay up with anna. oh and by the way, maternity clothes are such a rip off, huh but there comes a point when you have to buy them, well at least i did cuz i got too fat for my regular clothes too fast!

Brooke said...

That is so sweet that your father in law stayed up with Anna! I bet it felt great to get good sleep. Not fun that she gets car sick though. So do you still want to go to lunch or something? Maybe we could meet in the middle somewhere?

The Wilson Family said...

Ok so it's been awhile and I had to catch up!! WOW!! I want to see your house and I think your mother and you girls should do a workshop and charge people $5 a head to learn your delicious tips!! You would be millionaires!! I am so excited you are having a boy (thanks for calling me back JERK!!) Now I have a spouse for both my kids. Can we please get together next week How's Monday or Thursday, let me know!

Tara and Ricky said...

Wow, I'm totally jealous of your amazing fatty goodness baking skills!!! Share the wealth! When I some day move back to Utah, you are going to have to take me under your wing as your fatty protege (sp?):)

Brooke said...

It seems like Tuesday is something, but Monday should work! A park would be great (or a mcdonalds if its snowing) So you know of any good parks between here and there?

Brooke said...

Do you ever feel like you live on your computer? Ha ha, that's how I've felt today!!!! Anyway, yeah, 11 works, and so does North Salt lake. My email is bbulrich123@gmail.com so maybe like saturday or sunday we can figure out more details!

Ryan said...

Let me give you my address here so that next time you've got extra desserts you can send them my way...

Unknown said...

Megan, is it any surprise that your daughter doesn't understand the meaning of a whisper? I mean come on now.

Tyler and Sara said...

I can't imagine why Anna would be loud. Ha! So do you guys run a catering business? You totally should. Sounds like everything went well for the open house. At least you already have maternity clothes, so you don't have to buy a bunch more. I also find maternity clothes a bit depressing. I'm sure I'll buy something and think it will last the whole way and then cry when it's too small.

Deamers said...

I had a quick comment about the nap thing: First off i am even more nervous about getting Reese in a big girl bed now. But I would say you don't want to start something that you don't want to always do. For example do you want to lay down with her for and hour every day at nap time for the next year. If she gets used to it you'll just have to keep doing it. Also You could put up black paper to make it darker, that's what one of my clients did.

Susie said...

I had so much fun seeing you and your sweet family, and being able to spend two evening with you all. The kids had fun also playing with there other cousins. You girls did an awesome job on the desserts they were so yummy. I'll keep this say reunion very close to my heart and treasure the tender moments that was shared. Thanks to Justin getting married to get us all together!

Kandace Smith said...

Wow you and your family are amazing Those treats look yummy! any receipes you might want to share?:) You asked me about my valentines cookie receipe if you go to www.delish.com under valentine day sweet you will find it! I hope you guys are relaxing now!

mommy princess said...

That stuff looks amazing! Like it came from some french pastry shop or something. I didn't know you were pregers! Congrats. Besides the fact that you look 2 weeks behind me. You're only like 2 weeks ahead of me. I should start posting pics of my belly too. It would be fun to watch see the change from month to month. Yay on the big girl bed. My goal is to have Sophie in one by the time the baby comes.

Deamers said...

I think you're smart! hopefully we'll be ok. also I forgot to tell you I love Anna's quilt. I was wondering if your mom made it. (Or you for all I know I don't know if any of you guys sew or not) I've been trying to decide how to do Reese's big girl room and I was thinking of making her one like that. The upside is I can choose all the fabric myself and make it the colors I need it.

Kourtney and Nathan said...

Those treats look amazing! You ladies are awesome cooks! I need some lessons!

Natasha said...

Those desserts look amazing! I need to get some of these amazing receipes from you and try to make them gluten free. Your little Annabelle looks so cute in her skii attire. She is much braver then me, I would not even go down once. Glad all is well.

ashley said...

What a crazy busy weekend! Did Ross tell you we saw him up at Basin? I guess we just missed you and Anna. Bummer. I love that picture of the two of them, so cute! And I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else, those desserts look amazing and I am just waiting for you to open up your little delicatessen shop. I'll be first in line waiting to use my friends and family coupon;)

Bennington's said...

Your family is so creative. Those desserts way look yummy!!! Is there any way I can get those reciepes? Congrats on the new home, it's way cute. I am really jealous.

Sheena Menke said...

First of all, I totally want all of those desserts, they look so dang good! Secondly, how in the world do you get so many comments, I am seriously impressed. And thirdly, let's swap this weekend for sure. We want to see your new house and will be thrilled to do a switch-a-roo with you guys.