3.10.2009

Random Going Ons...

I'm tired. Like really tired...all the time...hence the lack of blogging. I don't remember being this way when I was pregnant with Annabelle. Sometimes I think more exercise will help, but I am starting to loathe my treadmill - just when I thought I would be able to head outdoors, it snows. Blast Utah! Not to mention I think last Saturday will be my last run...errr more like a jog now a days, for while. My belly is getting big. Anyone have any good pregnancy work outs or DVD's? One thing is for sure - this daylight savings is friggin killing me!


A couple of weeks ago I met up with my sister and
Carlee for lunch as Les Madeleines for lunch with our kiddos. (Side note: this place was not really a place to take kids. Small, with only one high chair, etc. We got some looks) This place was featured on the Food Network and it looked scrumptious. I tried their Sesame Chicken Salad Wrap.
It was good. Just good though. However, I think you go to this place more for their breads and desserts. Somehow I managed to be the only one who walked out of that place with one in my hands. I waited until I got home to enjoy my teeny tiny tiramasu.

Mmmmmm. Devine. However at $4.50 I felt like I was swallowing 50 cents with each bite. But yummy desserts are so worth it for me.

I had a GNO last weekend at my house - it all started with our SYTYCD party and we have continued our get togethers since. I still had a few boxes left to unpack and decorations that needed to be put up before people saw my house. As I have mentioned before, I do not decorate, so I enlisted the help of Janers (A.K.A. my mom). We spent the day at IKEA, Thai Pan, Michaels, Roberts, and Cafe Rio :)

She then came back and pretty much did it all - and I love it. Thank you mom! My house feels a little more like a home now. These are just a few of my favorite things. The 'SPRING' sign - hopefully I am sending subliminal messages to mother nature.


The end table ($12.99!) and lamp ($9.99!) from IKEA for our front living room.

The bright plates and colors above the cabinets. Please also note the large Tupperware full of freshly baked homemade chocolate chip cookies in the corner. Who wants to visit now?! We also bought tons of organizing stuff from IKEA in hopes that Ross will stop leaving piles of stuff EVERYWHERE! Or that I can at least mask them. He spends most of his time here.

He loves having a yard to take care of - and Anna loves playing in it. In fact, that is all she wants to do these days. See that garden in the corner? I plan on making full use of it, but have never gardened before. Any tips? Good web sites to check or what not? I need help.

Oh and I had my mom buy me an early Birthday present. I love it. Sometimes change feels so good. I needed something new to snuggle in while I can't sleep at night. Dang belly! ;)

One last thing, speaking of my large belly, we need boy names and bad. We have never been able to agree on a name and I am pretty sure they might be kicking us out of the hospital and we still won't have one. Any ideas?

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha they won't kick you out of the hospital you just have to call them trust me I know cuz I couldn't decide on a name. Names are hard I think. I always have felt I need to see the little critter before I name it. At least that is what I did with Autumn. It really was like the last hour before we decided on a name. I still call her baby somedays... I really like plain boy names like Jake, but really I think boy names are a lot harder good luck.

p.s. I love your house do you think your mom will come decorate my house? I am in serious HELP!!! I also want to come down. If you ever need company because your too tired we should get together... I love being LAZY!

Sarah said...

I love your new bed spread and the rest of your decorations. Although what are you going to do when it's winter. lol. I need your Mom to come help me. Tell her to get some tickets to a Bronco's game and I will put her up. Sorry you have been feeling so tired. Can I say how happy I am to NOT be pregnant of breastfeeding. I'm a whole new women. Go with Keegan for a boy. Just kidding who the heck knows.

Ty and Ber said...

Dude, I'm with you on needing boy names. Sorry no help there. Although I did just snag a list when I was at work at the hospital at the other night so maybe I will send it your way.

The house is looking great. Love the new bedding.

The Wilson Family said...

I was DEAD tired with Ever!! I am not kidding I have never been so tired as when I was pregnant with her and just after I had her! It's because you have a toddler and you can't just lay down whenever you want, seriously I thought I was never going to get any sleep!

Love the house!! And I will bring down a list of names for you Thursday, do you like traditional or unique. I am a unique kinda girl but I have both. Cause I'm werid!! Yeah for Thursday!

CORYNN AND JER said...

I have this cool name book called The Baby Name Wizard - they give suggestions for siblings based on the name of your first child. So, the suggestions for a sibling for Annabelle are: Solomon, Maxwell, Oliver, Jasper and Harrison.
Her name falls under the category "antique charm". Some other names I like from the antique charm category are: Elijah, Jonas, Adrian, Everett, Teho, Gabriel and Pierce.
Let me know when you pick a middle name - that'll help too. Good luck!

CORYNN AND JER said...

Umm.. Teho was actually "Theo". Haha.

Your house is looking way cute, btw.

CORYNN AND JER said...

PS. Are you watching DWTS? Chelsea from last season of SYTYCD is one of the new professional dancers - though based on Monday night I don't know how long she'll stay in 'cause her partner is Ty Murray (a bull riding cowboy married to Jewel).

There are also two other former SYTYCD prof. dancers on the show now. Demetri and Lacey.

Becky said...

Thanks again for having us to your house! It was so fun and your decor is so cute! Good luck with picking boy names!

The Goodrich's said...

Oh man, are we ever having the toughest time with boy names! We had about 3 or 4 girl names that we loved but nothing for a boy. Justin is pretty set on one name and has even gotten Molly to call her baby brother by that particular name, but I'm not completely sold. I guess I'll keep looking. Pass along any good ideas!

Liz said...

I just want to say how much I love you! You always put a smile on my grumpy face! And I love that shelf over the doorway!! And I also love the end table it would match my house I may need an Ikea trip also!!

Niki said...

Love the decor, I am with you on the lack of decorating sense. Whenever my mother comes down I have her help me out, it just sucks that she lives in a different state. I am with you on the names in general Brian and I can't agree on anything. Just wait until you are 8 months if you think you are big it gets worse. Especially with a two year old, I never realized how much I have to bend over until now, I dread every time she drops something. My favorite boy names right now are Gavin and Tyler, good luck!

Tyler and Sara said...

Seriously same goings on for me. I'm exhausted all of the time. My running is just getting funny looking I'm sure. I pretty much feel like holding my belly on the down hill parts. Day light savings time KILLED ME. I considered calling in sick for work on Monday. As far as boy names go we are also dying. I just keep thinking it will fall into place right? Well maybe we can brain storm some names together soon.

Megan said...

SHEENA - we like plain boy names too. In fact, Ross really likes the name Jacob. However, it has been in the top 10 for the last like 10 years. So I say no. I always disliked that there were a bajillion other Megans.

CORYNN - Glad you clarified on the Theo, otherwise.... LOL. That is a cool book that gives you names according to their siblings' names. I sent the list to Ross and he said he kind of likes Everett. I like Maxwell, but that is also the main character on Roswell ;) And there are lots of Max's right now.

Also, I didn't know that Chelsea was on DWTS right now. I knew about the others. I am not a regular of that show, but maybe I will have to start watching! Thanks for the heads up!

NIKI - Funny you should mention Gavin, it is one of the like 3 names we both like. But we just don't know if we can commit to one of those 3 names. Plus I like the name Gavin more than Ross. Boo!

EVERYONE thanks for all the ideas. There have been lots mentioned that we haven't even thought of and it is always nice to have more options. LOL. Keep the names coming. :)

Carlee Hoopes said...

Yes, I would agree about Les Madeleines. We probably should have stuck to just desserts and not bothered getting anything else.

Thanks again for having us over on Saturday. That was a lot of fun and your house is adorable!

Barb said...

Your house looks great! Good work girls. Hmm boy names. Here's some cute ones off the top of my head. Jack, Koy, Carson, Gage, Owen, Wyatt, and McKay. Good luck with that!

Jordan & Kara said...

I love your kitchen!!! The white cabinets are so cute:) You have good style when it comes to decorating!!! Your house is decorated so cute!!!

Anjanette said...

I have a pregnancy pilates DVD you can borrow. No boy names to share, sorry. I'm so glad we haven't had a boy yet. I'm sure you will come up with a spectacular one. We didn't make it to lunchgroup on friday either. Sadie and I have both been sick. You and Anna should try to come to story time at the library. We will be going on Thursday probably for the 10:30 time.

Unknown said...

You always go to the coolest places to eat! The food always looks so good, and that is saying a lot cause food repulses me right now :) and YEAH for Ikea...love that store, your house is looking so great, and I love your big yard. Annabelle is gonna go crazy in it this summer.

ps. Sorry about the big belly...I totally remember the last trimester. NO SLEEP! Sorry I cant help you with any boy names....people always think our are weird :)

CORYNN AND JER said...

I also really liked Everett - especially if he has reddish hair like yours. And please do NOT name him Jacob - I already have 2 friends with Jacobs under 2 years old.

Brooke said...

I love what youve done to your house! I totally feel for you on the tired thing, with Morgan I was so uncontrollably tired that I felt like I was on sleeping pills by 6 every night! It was horrible! I wasnt sick but I couldn't take care of Syd at night because I couldn't move!

brynn eyre said...

Jane did a great job decorating! It looks awesome! I can't wait to see it. I wish I had some advice on boy names, but it was hard enough to just think of one! I like the name Logan and Jack. Probably not much help. I'm offended that I wasn't invited to the girls night out this time! HaHa, just kidding. Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Chelsie said...

the house looks fabulous o! i love it. i'm excited when i move down there, i want to make a trip to ikea also..deal? love the new bedspread...totally dig it! i liked the name everett...but shawni used to work with an everett that a drug dealer, and something else that i won't post on here..so they took that name off my list.

Susie said...

Love your funny blog!! I really love your house and what your mom can do. She has talent for sure in that area. Your dessert looked yummy. Thanks for sharing your life with us. Wish you luck as your belly continues to grow.

Brandon & Tiff said...

So I'm not any help with boy names...it's a good thing we had a girl cause our boy still wouldn't have a name probably.

Your house is adorable. I love the kitchen. It's so happy and bright. Good work!

Heidi said...

I love your house! It is so cute, good thing for your mom, I'm the same way, horrible at decorating! I hope you are feeling better, this time change does suck and I'm not prego! I want to see another picture of your belly! As for boy names they are hard huh, we had a girl name right off and it took us a long time to think of Houston, so good luck I really got nothing, but it looks like some people have been giving you some good ideas!

10zfam said...

i like tons of boy names it's ryan that doesn't, i like peyton, kayson, hayden, those are the ones i can think of right now.
just to warn you it doesn't get easier with the next pregnancy, seriously i take a nap every afternoon with cambree, lazy, i know.
i'm with brynn, a little offended i wasn't invited to the party-jk

Danielle said...

I wanted to use "Kyler" but my nephew is "Skylar" so I think it'd be too close. But its cute!! Trevan, Dylan, Marcus, Kyson, Carson, Riley, etc etc etc. I dunno if I'm much help, cause I'm having issues too.

C and C Young said...

Your house looked/looks so cute...I am so decorationally-challenged. I think you should do the utah thing and blend your names....Romeg, Meros--awesome. Anyway, when i was pregnant, I was lame and just walked on the treadmill--it didn't really do much, but at least it gave me peace of mind that I wasn't being too lazy. I also kept doing my firm workouts and that's about it...so I was kind of lame.

Tara and Ricky said...

I have had a recent love of last names for boys names which sounds kind of weird, but works in my opinion..... examples: Davis, Duncan, Harrison.... That way they are not totally weird, but not exactly common either.

Unknown said...

I can't come out and visit at the moment so maybe you could just fedex some cookies my way. As for boy names, I have always been partial to Andrew, what a great name.

Melanie said...

Your house looks really cute. I am so jealous. Boy names? Good luck, Daniel was seriously the only one we liked. How about girl names, we can't decide. Jason is hell bent on Charlotte and Daniel says the baby's name is Alice. For gardening, check out better homes and garden's website and borrow some of my gardening books. I can bring them over to you when we get together for real this week.

Eric said...

I have a standing offer for people I know that I will pay for the child's college (undergrad) if the parents name the kid after me. It has to be my first name and the middle name as my last name. Also, your garden will do fine. You are very obsessive/compulsive about food, and the garden will surely be an extension of that.