Saturday night my sister and her family came over to dye some eggs with the kiddos. Annabelle really liked it, in fact she didn't want me to ever take her egg out. And freaked out when we dumped the color down the drain - attachment issues?
Apparently painting the eggs was a bigger hit for them.
That is, until Anna realized that the paint got her hands all dirty - she is not a fan.
Cooper embraced it.
A bath afterwords was a must. Which included the riveting game of lets dump water from your cup to mine - over and over and over again.
The next morning after she woke up I changed her diaper and clothes (we had church at 10AM) but didn't do her hair yet (note the awesome bed headedness) and sent her on a scavenger hunt to find her basket. She wasn't as interested in finding her basket as she was gathering and stockpiling the eggs she found along the way. We had to keep telling her to find her basket first so she could put her eggs in them.
At last - the basket! She liked all of the presents the Easter bunny left her, but as soon as she dropped an egg and realized what was inside them, she got very excited! 'Oh Candy!' She then put some jelly beans in her mouth and exclaimed 'Oh! I like it!' She shoved so much candy in her mouth she didn't even want to eat breakfast. Oh well.
Speaking of breakfast, now that my sister lives 7 minutes away we invited them back over for Easter breakfast before we had to head off to church. We had sausage, eggs and this yummy raspberry French toast. It was about 9AM, I am pregnant and hungry, so I didn't take the half second to take a picture of it - so this is the one from the web site. It was yummy and very easy!
After church we headed up to O-town to celebrate Easter with my family. We have an Easter egg hunt with everyone and the eggs include money - so things can get pretty intense. Not to mention that my dad has some creative hiding places and he sometimes forgets where he hides the eggs :) Then we have a scavenger hunt to find our presents - which is usually pretty intense as well. Let's just say we had to drive places this year and people left their spouses behind in order to win...Somewhere during all of the comotion we think Anna got her hands some some 'non-approved' (peanut) candy. She ran up to Ross and said 'Daddy! I'm sick!' and threw up all over him. He cleaned her off and changed her clothes. Just when I was getting the Benedryl out (I don't have to use the epi pen unless she has 2 symptoms of a reaction) she puked again all over some Easter eggs - luckily they had already been opened and emptied. She didn't get any on herself, which is good because we didn't have ANOTHER change of clothes with us. We all then sat down to have dinner and just as we were finishing up - yep, she vomited again. Poor girl. She was; however, pretty happy to run around in her diaper the rest of the evening until her clothes had been washed and dried.
Even after all of that - she was a pretty happy girl. On the way home we were trying to talk to her about the reason we celebrate Easter and this is how the conversation went:
Anna - 'Happy Easter Mommy!'
Me - 'Thank you Anna. Anna, do you know why we celebrate Easter?'
Anna - 'CANDY!'
Yeeaaaah. Oh and I didn't show you the egg that I made Saturday night. My husband is so lucky to have me :)

27 comments:
It's so cute, I am in the process of trying to post our Easter fun. Lizzie was the same way, I think she still has a sugar high. I wasn't that into Easter this year due to the being almost 9 months and all but, even though we didn't have the fun decor (which Lizzie is still reminding me about) we pulled a few tricks and she had fun anyway. I love that Anna doesn't like her hands to get dirty Lizzie is the same way, I think she is the only 2 year old that asks for a napkin at every meal. Nice egg!
Niki, my kids as for napkins at every meal too and have since they started eating real food. It's a good habit for them to have.
Looks like Anna had fun. It is so much fun coloring eggs with little kids.
THat is too bad that Anna got sick. Not a fun way to end the day.
You crack me up! I love all the stories. Good stuff! Poor Anna. You should always bring like 5 pairs of clothes...there are peanuts everywhere! You had to drive to find your baskets?!! That's a good hunt! I may have to inform my mom about that one.
Don't you love the mouth Full of jelly beans?! Poor Anna, at least she had an exciting day!
Poor Anna good job Ross for not throwing up too. Although I bet you guys are used to it by now. Megan your make me laugh with your egg. What the crap is a run down anyway?
I heart Jim too! *sigh* Looks like you guys all had such a fun weekend. Happy Easter! p.s. How are you feeling these days?
I love your Easter activities you had too much fun. I'll have to try the stuffed french toast yummy. It sounded like Anna loved Easter and the things she got. That is too bad that she had to puke all over thought not fun. The scavenger hunt sounds wild and fun. Your parents crack me up. Thanks for sharing your Easter with us.
so i am totally feeling for you guys with the whole throw up thing...chadd took care of m's issues yesterday (things were coming out the other end), but sadly he is at work today and I am now cleaning up our ENTIRE front room---yes, he scooted on his bottom around the entire room. Did I mention I LOVE having light carpet??? Seriously, I feel like barfing, but then I would have to clean that up too. It looks like you guys are having fun, as per the usual. And we all need to hook up and either have breakfast at one of our houses or go to original p.h. I'm thinking the latter-less work.
thanks again for hosting us for the easter festivities. and sorry about the puking...that was no fun for you guys...but she was pretty happy after she got out of the tub! i love the way your easter conversation went on the way home, haha, too funny.
so next time i am gonna read your post first when its about a holiday because i always read chelsies first(she is first on the list) then I get to read all about it again on yours! Funny huh, like i said on chelsies did any of the grownups save any eggs for the little kids on your hunt! I can just see it now, all the overmans pushing the little kids away to get their prizes! Sounds like so much fun, the holidays with your fam!
That sounds like SO much fun. I'm glad you had such a great time. It must be nice living so close to your sister!!
Sounds like a great day- minus the puking! But at least she was in good spirits about it! A scavenger hunt including cars and lost spouses? Your parents rock!
It looks like Anna loved Easter this year! (minus the puking) Sorry about that part...I'm sure the allergy stuff is hard but hopefully you'll all adjust soon. She's so cute and I love that she was alll about the eggs- so was Addie, but that's because anything ball shaped fixates her. Love your egg too ;)
Love your egg. hehe. Sounds like a fun couple of days! I want some money in my eggs. That stinks about Anna and he puking, I guess at least now you know right. Not that that makes it any easier...at least she is a trooper :)
Jane gave me the same response when I asked her what Easter was all about. Darn kids. Sounds like you had a great Easter minus the puking. I didn't know your sister lives close to you know. How fun for you.
Sounds like a fun easter.. Poor Anna, I feel bad she has to be allergic to nuts! I'll have to try the yummy french toast your always making something yummy!!
What a fun easter! I wish my family put money in the eggs, that would make searching for them so much more fun. Man that french toast looks so good right now!
What a day! That's one of the reasons I try not to give my kids candy. Allergies or not, kids always seem to through it up! I love the pict of Anna wanting to clean her hands. That cracks me up. Your french toast pretty much looks to die for. And I know I'm out of the loop but- who is Jim?
I heart Megan! I need you to live closer!!! You really make my day, have I ever told you that? My kid bro still talks about "that funny red-headed girl that talks a lot." Hope you're not offended, he just thought you were really funny too! Anyway, give Anna a hug for me! Any baby names yet?
Hi, I found your blog off of a friends and saw how darling your daughter is!!! I have recently started selling bows for baby, toddler, and girls. I am trying to get the word out via blog since everyone and anyone is on it. If you don't mind taking a look to pass on the word, thanks Jordan! Www.ticklemepinkbowz.blogspot.com and on Etsy under seller ticklemepinkbowz.
Also I love all the little Gymboree outfits, soo cute!
Yeah, Jim, as in Jim Halpert (AKA John Krasinski) from 'The Office'. I am surprised you didn't know about our relationship ;)
Sounds like you had an eventful easter. Call me so we can get together! Annabelle won't remember us soon.
I saw Laci's husband swimming at Weber State the other day! He was gave me a few helpful pointers with the triathlon thing. So question, since Anna is allergic to eggs does it bother her to color them or does she just have to eat them? Poor girl! She is a trooper to be so tuff after she has puked! Syd would be a mess! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE OFFICE TONIGHT!
BROOKE - She can touch eggs if their shell is still on, if not she will get a rash. So we were still able to dye the eggs and if you can't tell by what we ate for breakfast, I still make stuff with eggs in them, she just gets something else for breakfast ;) Which is usually fine with her anyhow cause she doesn't like stuff like that.
CANDICE - I would talk to your pediatrician. Sometimes it is normal for them to have a reaction just because they were exposed too soon or something. In Anna's case, he recommended she see an allergist who did the testing. And really, every time I read your posts I think how similar Anna and Taylee are - they need to be friends. Too bad you don't live closer ;)
Love the Jim egg. Looks like a fun Easter.
Megan! I finally found your blog! It has been a while, yeah? You moved! You're prego! Anna has so much hair! So, it is fun to catch up. Your blog is so cute. I started on of my own, but it's private. Email me and I'll send you an invite!
oh yeah, and my email is mariehhauck@gmail.com
Post a Comment