Mind you there was no recipe for this - so this was definitely a learning experience. I made an ice cream cake, only no cake, because brownies are better :) Using a spring form pan I made a brownie bottom, then a layer of caramel, topped with mint chocolate chip ice cream and frosted with fudge ganache. Just so you know the caramel I used did not freeze well, which created some problems.

This week I tried to teach my daughter how to bowl. Apparently my demonstration was neither clear or understandable because she took this approach instead.
She was impressed with herself nonetheless.
And if the last article I posted was not up your alley, and you are worried about the economy, then find out how the celebrities can save us all. Loved it especially #10, 7 and 4. Good times.
Speaking of good times - I am almost 32 weeks and still no baby names. Thanks to awesome friends I have gotten enough clothes that I don't have to go out an buy a complete wardrobe - which is really nice. Sleep has started to get pretty uncomfortable - my hips ache having to sleep on my side - I am a back/belly sleeper all the way. But unlike when I was pregnant with Annabelle and I would wake up because I hurt and just lay there because I couldn't go back to sleep, this time I am just so exhausted that I wake up, realize I hurt and manage to fall asleep for another hour before the process repeats itself. And hey, I will take what I can get.
Right now he thinks it is fun to stick body parts in the small space between my right hip bone and bottom ribs - I have absolutely no waist, so this feels pretty strange. And finally isn't it amazing what 10 weeks can do - my belly is friggin huge. I realize I look like some who are about ready to deliver - maybe that is why I get weird looks when I tell people I am due in June. Oh well, what are ya going to do...pass me some more of my birthday cake please!

47 comments:
You look cute pregnant, not huge. SO either that's a really good picture, or you just don't want to face the truth. And your cake looks fabulous!
k your cake look awesome. I think you should try and sell it to bakeries...granted you get the carmel situation under control, but I do agree that your look not only looked good but sounded good as well. I love Annabell bowling...what a crack up. You are not huge...I swear. I just saw you like two days ago and you don't look at big as you think. I promise!
okay I should always proof read before I hit enter...I mean to say "your cake not only looked good but sounded good as well"
I'm super impressed with your brownie/ice cream cake. I concur, brownies are much better! Maybe I'll have you make my birthday cake. I think that you look great. I'm always worried about what I'll look like prego. And I love the pic of you and Chelsie. Classic.
Yum my birthday is coming up... maybe I'll just head down to your place to get some birthday cake.. haha It sure does look yummy! And let me tell ya you look great! I'm glad your brave enough to pose for a picture I sure wasn't :)
Megan, this post made me happy! I love that picture of you and your sister licking the plate, and your dessert looks SO yummy!! I love making up new desserts.
By the way, you do not look huge- you look perfect. But I know the feeling. I am already as big as I ever got with Ian and I still have 7 weeks left!! :( How much bigger can I get??
haha, that picture of me is horrible, i'm so pretty. oooh but your brownie/ice cream concoction was fan-freakin-tastic!!! so good. that belly pic is way cute!! way to go ove
First I have to say you look amazing and second how do I get myself a piece of that brownie ice cream madness. That is the perfect cake for us Cottles.
I would definitely not classify you in the "huge" category...now I might be a different story. Notice no pictures of my belly popping up on my blog. I think you're very brave.
And the cake looks great, happy birthday! Good luck with names...
So funny..I was just thinking about 'My so called life' TODAY! Random! Then, here you go and title your post with it..are we on the same wave length or what?
You are super cute prego by the way..wow 32 weeks..this pregnancy has totally gone by so fast for me.
And excuse me...but I HAVE seen you bowl just like little Anna is doing in the picture so don't EVEN make up some excuse about that...NICE TRY! And remember..all the bowling lessons I TRIED to give you about the proper way to bowl; hand position, stride, relese etc, etc, etc..I believe I even remember a lesson about 'bowling attire' and 'proper victory dance moves' apparently this pregnancy thing is sucking all your 'special' memories away. Fine, whatever..forget all my hard work and amazing talents..I'll endow them on someone else..someone who will ACTUALLY appreciate them.
Its so OVER!
LOVE the ice cream brownie cake--looks so good. I went to Paradise today and thought about you...mmm...anyway, so I totally spaced telling you about oh sweet sadie that is going on right now up here. They have THE CUTEST little girl stuff (hardly any boy stuff---lame)...for annabelle, so anyway they are open today and tomorrow so if you have time you and chelsie should totally go look at the stuff--think of it as a birthday present to yourself. They come again in the fall, so we should all hook up and go. Anyway, that's all. Oh and you look friggin good...and I have no boy names and my friend took my only girl name...lame...so i am useless.
I think you look beautiful! When I was pregnant with the boys I got a lot of "I'm sorry." when I would tell them when I was due. Your cake looks delicious.
happy bday. and just so you know you are not huge. you are teeny. you should have seen me with tate. can you say triplets. i think boys stick out more
man, i want that cake. you look great. people keep asking me when I'm due and act surprised when i say may 30th because i'm so big. cambree told her primary teacher i was due in 10 days and she believed her because i look like i could pop any day.
happy b-day tomorrow
Meg, you look amazing! I'm so excited for you guys! Good job on the French toast; that looked delicious.
Oh and the breast milk article you posted left me feeling a tad disturbed....what the...?
I hope you have a great birthday!!!
Your cake looks amazing. I love making up recipes like that. By the way, you are one of those pregnant women who do pregnancy well. You look good!! I know you probably don't FEEL good, but you do look it. Sorry you are so uncomfortable.
One of my employees is having a baby in August and she's already going crazy... I feel so bad for you guys!
- Sarah
You look great! I see a lot of prego people in my line of work and you are not huge by any means. But not matter how big or small one is I think you always feel huge when pregnant.
Your birthday dessert looks absolutely de.lish! Now please excuse me I must get a napkin to wipe the drool from my face!
Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!! You look so cute, I don't think you look huge either, but to make you feel better I'm gonna say you are freakin huge! because I know how you feel when you think you are huge and everyone says, oh no you aren't and you are thinking are you kidding me!? It really is a lose lose situation! And the brownie cake looks way yummy brownies are way better than cake, oh and chelsie that is one scary picture of you going for the last lick!
You know, your birthday really is the perfect date, not too hot not too cold ,just warm enough for a light jacket. Ha ha.
Um, your desert looks absolutely heavenly. Wow. My mouth is salivating!!! Well, done!
K so impressed with your mad dessert skills, that cake sounds awesome. You so don't look that big you I am the one that get's huge by the end of it all, mine has no where to go but out. By the way your hair is beautiful don't you love pregnancy hormones combined with prenatals.
you are SO invited to my next birthday dinner, and I'm putting you in charge of dessert! YUM!!! And you are stinking cute pregnant, you should do it more often. hehe I wish I looked that good, or that I even bothered to do my hair when I was pregnant. Good luck with the name choosing.
I too am a belly sleeper so pregnancy makes for not much sleep for a while because I am getting used to back and side sleeping and then not because of the gravity issue. Good times! I am still voting for Charlie so yo can have him in your chocolate factory also! Laughing so hard!
well, you're so freaking popular, that the above 22 comments say exactly what I was going to say. So ditto.
You are darling. And you always get so many comments. My gosh! Don't worry about the belly. did you see me with Deakin?
Happy, happy, birthday in a few and I can't wait to see you so soon. Yay for the pregnant lady/party planning committee.
Happy happy birthday, may all your dreams come true, we wish it was our birthday so we could party too... HEY!!! Just picture that scene from Emporers New Groove when they sing to Esma (sp?) in the restaurant and then Cronk says, 'It's Your Birthday???!!' Gosh, I love that movie! Happy birthday friend and I gotta say, you look dead sexy with that belly!!! I love it and I'm not gonna lie, I kinda tried to rub it through the computer screen:) Ha ha! Love ya and I will come visit you and rub your belly for real when I get home.... I know you're looking forward to that!
The dessert- YUM, you pregnant- CUTE!!! Don't worry, I was due in January and looked nine months pregnant in September. I totally peaked at 7 months and didn't get bigger....awesome....I looked ready to pop for like 3 or 4 months. Looooved when strangers asked if I was having twins!! Ugh!
Anyway, you're super adorable and happy birthday!!! Welcome to the other side! (closer to 30 than 20)
Your birthday cake looks fabulous and yummy. I don't think you are weird to make your own cake because I make my own also. Anna looks like she loves to bowl that is fun pictures of her. You look very cute pregnant, and sorry about the aches and pain that is not fun. This will soon be over with and you will have a bouncing handsome son. YEAH!! Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday! I have been lame blogger lately. I can't believe you are 32 weeks, you don't look huge! Time flies! Love the cake!
You look way cute!!! That cake looked YUMMY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Its funny, the other day I made Rob get brownie mix and we made our own "Hot fudge brownie delights" soooo good!!! People are surpised with me when I say I'm due in August, too. Then I have to say, "nope, no twins, yes I know I'm a cow!"
Wow, you look great! And, um, hello awesome dessert! I SO need to try that. Did you only use half the brownie batter so it wouldn't be so thick? I really wanna try this! MMMMMM!
Check out you caving on the prego picture. It really isn't that I refuse to do it I just don't have the motivation to. It was great to see you this weekend. We need to come down again soon. I was telling Tyler we could go do something in June with you guys and me and you could just lay somewhere, while they entertained themselves.
Meg. you are the cutest prego girl ever. i love it. just a little belly. good luck finding a boy name. we think boys are way harder to name. do you have it narrowed down at all? my friend was saying she likes Duncan & Archer the other day & I thought they were both really cute. anyway, like i said good luck:)
p.s. i hope Larry doesn't get cancer.
If i looked that cute prego I would be pregnant every day of my life. Also do you remember that Show "my so called life" with Claire Daines. When I saw your title that's the first thing I thought about. That was forever ago
With the cake I made Nate I found the same thing out about the caramel. Nate thinks that if I try to make a icecream cake again I should try magic shell. It was fun to see you last week. Happy birthday again. And I don't think you look big, bc do you remember me pregnant?
First off...you look flippin fantastic! Cute, cute prego belly. People only wish to look like you! So no more complaints about that. And Happy Birthday! Mmm...that cake looks scrumptious! Way to go. I need to get that pizza recipie you and Chelsie were telling me about...infact you should just start a recipie blog so we can have easy acess you your creations all in one place :)
Happy Birthday! Sorry it's a little late but we just got home from vacation! I think your pregnant belly is cute! You look great. And that dessert looks so good! I really started drooling just looking at it!
Oh wow that cake looks good!!!!!! I totally feel for you on the exhausted thing, I slept way better with Morgan.
Happy Belated Birthday! Your cake looks so yummy. It's silly that you made your own cake, at least you enjoyed it. :) And I think you look amazing. Really you are nowhere near huge although you feel that way.
You are so cute pregnant! I cant believe you don't have a name for the little guy yet :P Boys are hard to come up names for i think. Happy Birthday by the way! You are quite the creative baker...sounds SO GOOD.
ps. I feel for you on the sleeping thing. I am not there yet, but I am TOTALLY a tummy sleeper too...
Fun post! nolan and i are always dreaming up future baby names (weird, considering we aren't pregnanT) and can't really agree on many boys' names yet. But you are such a cute pregnant lady! I can't wait to see the babe!! and you're still a good mom, teaching Annabelle how to bowl, and then you go and make your own cake, and bein all creative as usual. Go Super Woman!!
Thanks for the comment on the blog....you're how I knew I'd one! I'm super excited! I never win anything! Thanks again!
I think you look great! I'm going to be 30 weeks next week and I think we're the same size! That cake creation looked great to me. Did you use the kind of carmel that you squirt out of a bottle? Next time maybe try the kind in the jar that you warm up in the microwave. Or even just melt a bunch of carmels in a double boiler, crock pot. You made me totaly crave brownies!!
I think you look great! I'm going to be 30 weeks next week and I think we're the same size! That cake creation looked great to me. Did you use the kind of carmel that you squirt out of a bottle? Next time maybe try the kind in the jar that you warm up in the microwave. Or even just melt a bunch of carmels in a double boiler, crock pot. You made me totaly crave brownies!!
I think the cake sounds good & brownies are always better than cake itself. I already told my husband I am wanting an ice cream cake for my birthday as well. Hopefully my mind wont change. I like Anna's bowling style. For some reason I can see a bit of you in her ;) Sorry you're having sleepless nights, you cute pregnant though!
Looks like you had a great birthday dessert, it is the best part! You look so cute pregnant! I saw you pregnant with Anna didn't I?? I'm trying to think back and I think you were at AE still?? I love Anna's bowling skills- those bowling sets are great, I remember those when I was little too!
The cake. Mmmmm. The cake. Just what I would have chosen. Seriously. Why can't we be next door neighbors and bake for each other????
And...your so cute pregnant. Thanks for sharing the pics. I think pregnant pics are my favorite (on other people of course, so cute on others, so uncomfortable on myself!).
Post a Comment