Annabelle got a hair cut and much to Ross' dismay, I had them cut it short. It needed to be all one length. It looks thicker now and much more healthy. The downfall with the 'bob' is I have to blow dry it with a round brush and Anna hates the blow dryer. So we opt for the chi and I feel a tad bit weird using the flat iron on my two year old.
A bit of background: As a child I attached myself to any red headed character I could. I loved Ariel, Anne of Green Gables, Strawberry Shortcake, etc. I have been told that as a child, there was a period in my life where I insisted that people called me the Berry Berry Princess (in honor of Miss Shortcake herself).
Que last weekend when we had some friends over...
Me: 'Annabelle. Please give Sarah back the toy. She was playing with it.'
Anna: 'I am NOT Anna. I am Strawberry Shortcake. SHE is Blueberry Muffin and YOU are Raspberry Tart!'
Between this and the constant talking this child provides, it's like I am constantly being haunted by my own childhood.
Baby Update:
I am not almost 35 weeks along and actually not doing too bad, considering the circumstances. The weird pregnancy dreams have gotten weirder and now I am dreaming about labor and delivery. We still don't have a name - haven't narrowed it down or anything - we are still exactly where we were when we found out we were having a boy. Marvelous.
One thing that has actually progressed is the nursery. We decided, or I decided, to do a Dr. Seuss nursery. My mom just finished the bumper pads and dust ruffle and I think it turned out great. I have other Dr Seuss things for around the room but I haven't put any of them up yet because we still need to paint.
And a quick Ross update: I want to give him a shout out on finishing his first semester of graduate school. He has been wanting to go back to get his Masters since he graduated, but I didn't want to do it if it meant taking out student loans (oh how I loathe the student loans we have). He is only doing one class at a time -so it will take a little while, but he did it and even got an 'A'! Yahoo for Ross! Yahoo for school! .... anyone?! Come on...

38 comments:
LOVE LOVE the Dr. Seuss theme. That is what we have in our playroom :) I am not sure about what color to paint...maybe that blue color so it isn't too overwhelming. Or you could do a chair rail and paint stripes on the bottom and solid color on top :)
ps. I flat iron Kylins hair too. I can't help it :) Annabell's haircut is ADORABLE!!!
You need two white walls, one light blue that goes with the bumper and another ...maybe three white walls. I really like the idea of a chiar rail with stripes on the bottom, or do light blue walls and white bead-board with a chair rail.
Regardless, you need a big, red wooden rocker that is really uncomfortable to sit in, but looks adorable. THEN you need a waset in the closet and a loofkelf on the bookshelf and and gorner in the corner. It'll turn out great! :)
hey welcome back!
good to hear you haven't had the babe yet. i love the room theme. as far as a color..hmmm... probably go with more of a solid if everything else is going to be crazier. maybe a nice green or subtle blue... but then again... crazy would fit a boy just fine! :)
Good I am not the only one with CRAZY CRAZY pregnancy dreams you were actually in one the other night. Very cute hair do Anna I also have to use the flat iron on the girls. And I love Charlie's bed stuff. Pottery Barn has a Dr. Suess line also, aren't you chic! Great job Willy Wonka! Don't you love my message!
Pregnancy dreams are beyond weird. I think I have delivered my own child about 10 x's already this pregnancy. Needless to say I have all the neccasary equipment packed with me in my purse in case I actually have to (40 min labors also make be be on the prepared side).
Anna's hair looks super cute.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dr. Seuss theme. My girls absolutely love Dr. Seuss. I'm probably the worst when it comes to decorating/painting but I think maybe just painting 1 wall a bright solid color would look awesome.
I am loving these ideas! Thanks! We were thinking of doing one blue wall and then the other walls white, but now I am digging the chair rail idea. Hmmmm.
LIZ - the sheets are from Pottery Barn and I also got a pillow from there. That is actually where I got the idea, but since I am not a millionaire I will just get a few things and go with the idea ;)
AMBER - Anna LOVES Dr Seuss too - I think she is slightly jealous of the room. So the 40 minute labors...is that how long yours are?! If so that us crazy. I am slightly jealous - but that is also scary. My labor dreams are always way LONG - maybe because that is what I fear most. LOL.
I will send you a link of a photo of a room where they did Dr. Seuss....it's very cute. I love Anna's hair. It makes her look so old! Oh Strawberry Shortcake. I did not like that story when I was younger because the villain freaked me out...I forget his name. I love that she won't let you call her Anna. You're child cracks me up! I think your child will be born Baby Dinsdale and you will be forced to decide on a name before you leave the hospital...good luck with that!
I use to LOVE Strawberry Shortcake when I was a little tyke. Also, like you I attached myself to any red-headed character I possibly could.
About the walls. Now, I'm the least artistic person on the planet, but here's my two cents. The baby won't always be a baby, so paint it a neutral-ish color that looks good with the bedding but will look good when the baby moves into a bed and more "big boy" type things. Just looking at the pictures I think I see a cream-type color in there which would probably work well. Then you can add stuff to the walls to make it more colorful. The color would allow you more versatility later... but that's probably amazingly boring.
yeah, I suck at that kind of thing.
- Sarah
I can't wait to see the nursery when it's all done! Good luck with choosing a name, maybe you will just know when you see him!
Anna's hair is so cute! Who cut it-Molly was terrified of me cutting it, let alone someone else. I do the Chi occasionally but on days that we don't do anything, all it gets is an elastic to get it out of her face. Anna always looks so cute and coordinated!
Cute nursery too!
So Houston's room is actually the red color like the color of your bumperpads, it was like that when we moved in and I didn't know if I would like it cuz it's really dark but I actally really do, plus it would work for a girls room too, you know down the road maybe. Anna is so cute, I love that she talks so much I wonder where that comes from, and it's so proper too! I'm gonna have to look at my moms house for all those books cuz we know how much I was into that too when we were little, they are kinda wierd and so long! Don't worry though I still have the dolls, I think I told you that already though, I just can't get rid of them!
First, I want to say I love Anna's hair I so need to get Lizzie's done but I am trying to wait until we get back to UT. Hey if she let's you use the Chi I say go for it, Lizzie hates the thing. Personally as far as painting the walls I love color, I say go for green, you don't need to do all the walls but I love green, maybe put a mustard yellow wall in there too. Color is fun!
P.S. I like Alexander, Anna and Alex works well I think.
I also have all those books. That's hilarious that she called you Raspberry Tart. She's a little firecracker, ain't she?
Love the crib bedding. Fantastic. Maybe paint the walls a light and creamy yellow color?
I love Anna's hair, and I totally use the flat iron on Kaylee all the time, and have since she had enough hair to need it. I love the Dr. Seuss theme, so cute!
that is the cutest bedding. your mom did great. i think one blue wall for an accent is a great idea
I love the Dr. Seuss theme. I say paint the walls a pale blue and accent with a red wall. You know something to that effect. It will be so cute!
As for names I slacked on giving you some so I will come up with an email for you.
You know all mothers wish their childrens behaviors on their grandchildren just to get back at us. So just think everytime Anna does something naughty or weird, Jane is secretly laughing in triumph!!
PS. Anna's hair looks dang cute - hair is the biggest reason I can't have a girl. I have no idea how to use a flat iron or a curling iron. I barely know how to use the blow dryer. Seriously.
I totally agree with chair rail. That way you could do a darker color like red or brighter blue without worrying about your baby never falling asleep in there ;)
LOVE the Dr. Suess soooo cute! Annabelle is adorable! I love her haircut- she's getting so big! I'll give Ross a wahoo too :)
I have been known to hide books. There are just some that are too dumb to read even once and definitely twice. Anna will be a genius with all that reading. I can't believe that you have not picked out a name yet. Hopefully it will just come to you when you look in his eyes.
Love Anna's new cut so darling on her. So funny she is into strawberry shortcake and even named you one of them. Too cute!
I really like the finished project of the bedding for the crib, he will be so happy to sleep there. Your mom did an awesome job.
Hooray for Ross with his schooling.
I love the Dr. Seuss idea for the baby's room. That is going to be so cute.I say Yahoo for school! I love school and miss it all the time. Anna's hair looks so dang cute! It totally makes her look older. As for the paint color I did a chair rail in Lucas' room and I love it. It makes it so you can use a little bit more vibrant color but not on the whole entire wall. I loved how Lucas' worked out and was surprised at how easy it was to put up.
What Brynn? Easy? I love the chair rail and stripes we did in Lucas' room but it was time consuming taping off all the lines.
Yeah Ross! That is awesome! That totally cracks me up about Strawberry Shortcake! I used to love her when I was a kid! Sydney for some reason attaches to anyone with black hair. . . weird, like Snow white, Vidia (mean fairy on Tinkerbell), and Jasmine. Not entirely sure why. I love the Dr. Seuss, I would do something with the blue color of the elephant, the red, and a tan. I am a color person in my house, so I think you could do some fun with that!
Love the Dr. Seuss idea! And I know how you feel about names. I'm going crazy, but Steve keeps saying, "We'll cross that bridge when we get there." I really hate that answer! You're almost full term!!! Yeah for not being pregnant too much longer! I still have 10 weeks... We should talk about this!
I love anna's hair. So cute. What I love about Katelyn's new hair cute is even though I do blow dry with a round brush, her hair is so fine it only takes a few minutes. I definitely don't do it every day though.
Anna's hair looks really cute. Good luck figuring out how to paint the room, no suggestions from me. And we are open this week so do you guys want to meet at the park someday? Maybe have a picnic? I can't promise we can all get out of the house before lunchish time.
I am so proud that you finally progressed to a flat iron. You are not a true mom of girls until you use a flat iron. :)
I think that the paint color should be one you love. Maybe TOYN tavern taupe on three of the walls-and maybe a bright kelly green on one wall. Oooh-that would look so cool. Plus-you only have to paint one wall a differnt color than the rest. Much easier. Then, if you hate it-you have to repaint one wall.
I am only thinking of easy here. I am the queen of easy.
ps-did you get the vinyl from the chick?
Love Anna's haircut, love the baby bedding (your mom did such a great job) I HATE STUDENT LOANS as well... sounds like your pregnancy is coming to a end you are doing good :)
i'm liking the chair rail idea...but really anything you do in there will look cute. annas hair looks so cute, and i'm impressed that she'll sit there and let you do it...do you give her a book or something? lemon meringue was my favorite in those books. props to ross! holla!! and could you please give my nephew a name!! texting out boy dinsdale is just too long
Wow you have a lot of people who view your blog. That's pretty crazy.
Anyway, Our baby's name is Mason Arthur Dopp. He is so cute, but babies are a lot of work. I knew my life would change, but wow! Anyway, I'm sure things will get better. I am getting use to the horrible breast pain and at least they don't bleed anymore.
How are you doing? Isn't your baby due pretty soon?
What if you put a couple stripes across the room horizontally. Red blue and green or yellow all different widths you could do it up towards the top of halfway. that would be cute. Or all light with one blue wall, so it's not too crazy.
Also who doesn't flat iron there babies hair?
I have to confess that I straight iron Kate's hair too. But I have too. I think her and Anna's hair are the same. Hers is almost all one length with a couple layers, but if it isn't straightend it goes curley on the ends and then ratty and then I just look like a neglectful mom. The first time I did it I felt weird too. I excited for your baby boy. The crib looks great too. Enjoy your last few weeks of whatever amount of sleep you can get. I miss my full nights of sleep. ;)
so cute. i love the new do Anna is sportin & the babys bedroom is so cute! Dr. Suess is a great idea. not that you want my opinion but i would do his room the grayish color of the elephant. you could maybe do an accent wall with it of a brighter color but if you do have a lot of other bright colored stuff like you said it would make that stuff stand out more. plus you could always leave gray with other stuff in the future. my sister in law did most of her house in shades of gray (inspired by abercrombie) 7 it looks really good. anyway, sorry for such a lengthy comment. good luck with a name.
I love those Strawberry shortcake books, I still have a bunch near by. So... I was scrolling down & saw your crib bedding & was like, wow that is so cute, where did she get it? Oh, you had it made! Even better... for you, not for me. haha. But it is very cute. I do like it and I'm sure your little guy will too. Love it, love it, love it.
Post a Comment