6.17.2009

Making Progress

We are finally..well almost.. done with the baby's room. Hooray! I still have some decorating to do and what not, but the painting is done and that was the biggest part. We got most everything moved into the room last night - Which is a good thing considering this baby will be coming in less than a week, unless I go late..again...please send labor inducing vibes my way :)


I am still trying to decide what other print I want in the middle picture frame. Ross' fave book is Fox in Socks so we might go in that direction.


Anna is also making progress with the potty training. She is still doing awesome with #1. Ever since we started potty training we kept her in pull ups at night - much to her dismay. She would kick and scream and declare her distaste for diapers. However, she was still waking up wet and as much as I love washing her bedding everyday...yeah, not so much. But after a week, she was waking up more and more dry. Well, one night I went to check on her before Ross and I went to bed - you know, admiring how cute that little stink is, when I notice her diaper on the floor. So I guess that was that and now she doesn't ever wear a diaper and hasn't wet the bed at night once (knock on wood). To reward her for her awesomeness we bought her a pool. I wanted to get her one anyway, but I figure this would be a good bribe to get her to go #2 in the toilet. She has done it a couple of times, but that is definitely our struggle.


For an hour and a half (I kid you not) she put all her duckies in the chair..


and then would throw them back in the pool.


And then repeat the whole process again. There were a few breaks where she would leave pool to go make 'foot prints' on the cement. Oh to be a child again.


Now for our current potty training dilema. Annabelle is no fool and is using the whole 'I have to pee' to her advantage when it comes to sleeping. For about an hour after I put her down for a nap AND after we put her down for the night she will get out of bed every 10 minutes
claiming she has to pee. Now, of these 4 or 5 times only once does she actually need to go pee. Is this just a phase?! I tried to talk to her about lying, but she doesn't have the slightest idea what I am talking about. LOL. But I am afraid if I tell her 'no' that she can't get off her bed, it will be the one time she is telling the truth and she will wet the bed. Grrrr.


Last weekend was Ross' big family reunion. He was excited to finally meet the other Ross Dinsdale. They got to meet and hang out during the course of the reunion and Ross wanted me to get a picture of the both of them before we left. I got out the camera and they both struck the same pose. This was not planned. My Ross strikes this pose in almost every picture (hands on hips and looking up to the sky like some sort of super hero) and it turns out the other Ross does it in most pictures too. Ross' mom and I could not stop laughing. Who knew being a dork is all in the name ;)

33 comments:

C and C Young said...

The room is so cute--props to you and your mad decorating skills. I think there may more pressure now than ever for you to pick a good name...just kidding.

Chelsie said...

the room looks fabulous, i love the vinyl!! way to go ove!! ok, the story about the ross' still makes me laugh, i love it! especially because i know how ross does strike that pose, I am reminded every time I look at my dining wall that has him, bran, and steve striking the same pose. oh classic! i'm excited to come play in the pool! I'm thinkin after boy dinsdale comes, coop and i can come over and hang out with anna in the backyard, that way you can do your thing, sans one child, although we won't be too far...deal? i'm rambling

Chelsie said...

the boy does need a name...

10zfam said...

ok, so i need you and kelley to come decorate my whole house. i will pay for it you just do it for me. i didn't send you an invite to megan's shower because i thought you'd have the baby by now. anyway, it's this saturday at 4pm at the murray residence. if you are feeling up to it we would love to have you there

The Davies Family said...

The room is to die for! I love it! Did you paint it? Sorry, I've been a little out of the blogging world lately so if you did and you posted about it..sorry!
And the potty training thing is a phase, but you are teaching her that you trust her urges by taking her everytime. She'll get bored of it soon. A trick we learned with Parker was we would wake her up about a half hour or so earlier than she normally woke up..we discovered it was during that time she was sleeping the deepest and would pee. So if we got her up sooner she'd be dry and go on the potty. Good luck!

Ty and Ber said...

Love the room, nice job. My girls absolutely love Fox in Socks. That one is a duesy to read!

Emily pulled the "I have to go potty" thing at night too. We let her get out of bed every time at first and realized that wasn't doing anything so we put our foot down and told her that after the 1st time that was it and she couldn't get out anymore (very hard to stick too, especially when you know you may have to change the sheets because of it) but she learned. Good luck!!

We are sending all the delivery vibes we can your way just remember to send them back to me when you are done. Sound like a deal??

Brandon & Tiff said...

Way to go on the room!! That turned out so cute. I love that saying too. You gotta love Hortin! Really way to go on the creativity!!! Ah..the life of a kiddo. So fun. Anna looks so cute in her swimsuit and I have zero advice on the potty training. Okay...the other Ross Dinsdale story is a crack up. What are the odds of that? Two peas in a pod!

Liz said...

I love, LOVE the room! How did you do the letters on the wall?
That is awesome that Anna is doing so well! #2 was tricky with Baylee she wasn't a "on the clock" type you know daily routine. It took a little while. Baylee will still need the "I NEED TO GO POTTY" to get out of sleep. But she usually does.

Carly said...

Very cute room! I love the Dr. Seuss theme. I'm sending good labor vibes your way as we speak....

Kylee said...

I'm so glad you got the room all painted and done...it is so cute! I love Dr. Seuss! I can't wait for your little boy to come. I'm feeling confident that vibes passed through the blogosphere to each other will really help! Good luck!

Heidi said...

oh i love the room! you have such cute ideas. I especially love that saying on the wall! I'm so excited for the baby to get here, here are my labor vibes, keep us posted!

Katie said...

Wow. I definitely lack decorating skills. The room is darling! Good luck with going into labor....here comes the exciting part!

Sarah said...

I LOVE the room. You are so awesome at decorating. I need you to come do my house one day when I'm rich. I love it when kids will find the most random things to do that will keep them occupied for hours. Anna is so cute! That last picture of the ross's is to die for. So I'm totally coming out for a visit next month. I can stop on my way out to Idaho first week in July or on my way back which will be in the middle of the month. I'm thinking the middle might be better with the new baby but am excited I will be just in time to see him in his prime new born stage. Plus I need you to have full energy to bake me something yummy. lol

Lori said...

what a cute room!!!

Marie said...

Ok, so the bedroom is beautiful. I think this little guy's name better fit the theme of the room...how about Horton? Sam? Thing 2? Just promise me not to pick Grinch.
Loving the pool you got for Anna--super cute. And that is awesome that you have such a huge patio!
I literally laughed out loud about the Ross story. Too funny for words!
I hope the baby comes soon!!

Josh and Lyndi Smith said...

Love the room. Such a cute idea. Your posts are always so entertaining! I am definitely sending labor vibes your way. The last weeks are the pits! The up side of already having one child is that you are at least busy eh?

Jenny said...

LOVE the room, so cute and original! :)
Okay, so I'm a huge "friends" fan/have the episodes memorized. That last picture reminded me of the episode where Ross meets Rachel's new BF, Russ. Haha! Ohhh, that's making me giggle....
Anyway, props to Anna and the potty! Hope it keeps going well. I love the putting the ducks in and out of the pool, so something my kid would do :)

I'm sending labor/naming vibes your way!!

Jenny said...

I forgot to tell you, I love your venting about storms and labor! Hahaha- I can totally relate. Do you recall the storm of the century the first week of January '08? Yaaah, that would be when I SHOULD have been going into labor. I kept hearing about all that storm crap- you're right ALL LIES!!

Becky said...

That nursery is so dang cute! I love it. I can't wait to hear the exciting news that you've had your baby! Good luck and keep me posted!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

The room is adorable. I don't think Logan's room looks that cute still. That is a hard call on the potty training. I think all you can do is just try to limit it. Like maybe the first time she asks she can go but then after that she has to wait. Sounds good but who knows. Sounds like you guys are doing great with it. And I will send the labor vibes your way as well.

Marie Rose said...

I love the room. Super super cute! Well, when we finally have our pool party you can now bring Anna's pool to join in the fun. Well, have to plan it post baby. I love the two Ross's what a crack up. I think you should frame that picture and put it some where....hysterical!

{Layla} said...

LOVE the baby room! So adorable.. I know pottery barn had a TON of cat in the hat stuff a few months ago--If you still need stuff I would look on their website. It is looking fabulous though! Do you have a name yet? I am so excited for you!

Anjanette said...

That is a really great idea for his nursery. It is just too cute. I love seeing Anna in her pool. Katelyn is really into making footprints lately too. She goes through wet grass and tells me I have to wait for her because she must see what her footprint looks like.

Carson and Shelly* said...

First: the beedroom is way cute.
Second: The pool is the coolest. I totally love that Anna likes doing footprints on the sidewalk (I personally loved making bum prints)
Third: I think the superhero stance is hilarious.
Fourth: I will totally send you some labor vibes.
I hope you baby comes soon.

Unknown said...

His nursery is ADORABLE! I seriously love it :) Sounds like Annabelle is making great progress on the potty training. Smart little stinker :)

The Wimmer 5 said...

I LOVE that picture of the Rosses. That is so hilarious. And baby Roark's room is so cute! I can't wait for him to get here. And I hope he does soon for your sake. Good luck and post pics quick when he comes. :)

Susie said...

Love the baby room so darling. I wish and was a kid again to sleep there. Hopefully that bouncing baby boy will be arriving soon to sleep in his cute room. Love Anna's fun pool and the fun she is having with it. She is stink in cute your right. Glad potty training is going great she is almost there. That is funny about Ross and his twin. They do kind of even look a like too.

Deamers said...

Love the room!!! And good job on the girl's hair. I think it's important that they look cute on that day for new baby pics. I think you should tell her that she has to go potty before she goes to bed/nap, and that she has to go good because she can't get up till morning or nap is over. Also I seriously dreamed about saved by the bell after I watched that clip, I forgot till just now!

Brooke said...

The room looks amazing! I love the dr. suess theme! And, it's totally just a phase, Syd did it, and it's technically not lying because they aren't old enough to actually lie, they just say what they can to get out of bed. Good luck!

Jaime said...

Less than a week?! Dang girl, that's so soon. The baby's room looks great! I love the Dr. Seuss pictures and the wall saying.

Gage and Meg said...

Meg! I love, love, love the Dr. Seuss theme! That is so stinkin' cute. How fun; I am so excited for you guys.

Good luck on the potty training effort; Annabelle is hilarious. I love that she threw the diaper on the floor. So funny!

The Kippen House said...

I LOVE your decorating skills! What a fun idea!!! Did I tell you how much courage you gave me? We're doing the potty training thing too now, but it's ridiculously frustrating! He gets the whole thing, he goes potty whenever I ask him and has pooped a couple times too just to "make Mama so happy!" but he still goes and hides if I haven't asked him about once a day. I need to have a toilet in every room just to remind him what to do!!! We're using a new bike as bribery :) Love that there's another Ross in the world! Yeah for Ross Random!

Tausha said...

LOve the room! I love the theme. I would have never thought to do that for a little boy! Super cute.
Funny about the other Ross. Who knew that there were 2 of the same KIND of Ross!
PS-the potty at night thing is just a phase. All of mine did it. Every single one of them!!! It does get better-promise!!