7.18.2009

Randoms

Even though there are moments when Anna makes me want to pull my hair out (gotta love the terrible two's), I love my quirky little girl. She is always making us laugh - whether it is with the funny things she says (she loves to use the words like 'terrible' and 'ridiculous' all the time). I love how dramatic and animated she is when she talks or just the funny things she does. Right now Annabelle loves to organize things by shape or color (the pillows on our couch, bottles of lotion, etc), play with her blocks to make 'houses' for her kitty and bird,


and to build towers with EVERYTHING....the stuff on my end table, the stuff in the grocery cart while we are shopping, salad dressing bottles - she did this completely by herself.


Finding new uses for my me
asuring cups that I still have yet to use because she claims they are hers.

I love this picture because I have SO many pictures of me when I was little with buckets and baskets on my head - I have no idea what the obsession was, but apparently its genetic ;)



I recently purchased a new diaper bag, since my last one was pink and brown and very girly..it was also very trashed. I found this bag and I loved it - it has so many cool features, lots of pockets and tons of room . Plus, I thoroughly enjoy the print.

An added bonus? The company claims to be an 'eco-friendly' company. The outside fabric was made using plastic bottles and things like that.

So why they sent the diaper bag to my house in the most ginormous box possible filled with a lot of friggin paper is so humerous to me. I mean, it's a diaper bag... does it really need to have all that packaging and filler stuff. I don't think it is going to break. Love it.


25 comments:

Lori said...

that's totally how Jaylee was. A major sorter/organizer/builder girl. I LOVE the salad dressing tower, that rocks!

Cute bag, I think a cute diaper bag is pretty much imperative to being a mom, no?

Brandon & Tiff said...

What a cute girl.Those are impressive block building!! I don't even think I could make one like that. And the dressings...lol...what a lil' smarty pants!! I have yet to buy a diaper bag...I just use my old back-pack...maybe one day :) It's super cute.

Ty and Ber said...

Hey you never know, maybe the zipper would have gotten bent if they didn't pack that box with all the filler and such. JK

Love the stacking of the salad dressings, quite impressive!

Deanna said...

She has some awesome building skills! I think it's also funny they sent you the bag in a huge-o box! LOL!

Liz said...

she is too funny! I love the measuring cups, took me a minute to see where they were. (not very quick these days!)
Where did you get that diaper bag?? I LOVE it! Mine is trashed and so I have been using the free black ones not so cute. Share the wealth of knowledge!

The Wilson Family said...

She's a friggin genius, did she build the blocks all by herself too? Amazing!!

Anjanette said...

I have plenty of pics of Katelyn with that same basket on her head. I love when they start really being creative with everything.

You should pic a bag out for me. I have so many purses and bags but they wear out and styles definitely change. I need a new one because I don't need a "diaper bag" anymore but I still need it to be big enough to hold a diaper and sippy cup.

Jaclyn said...

she is so creative! and darn cute too. what brand is your diaper bag. that is one of the cutest ones i have ever seen. where did you get it

Jenny said...

I distinctly remember your closet in high school being organized by sleeve length and color....hmmmm, wonder where Anna gets it from? ;) the stacking stuff is hilarious. LOVE that bag! Recycle your plastic bottles, then cut down half a forest to ship it eh? Haha!

Megan said...

So I got my bag from Amazon.com. Here is the direct link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TQT9BU/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

Most other bags I saw that were like this were twice as much. Insane.

LIZ - We still keep the freebie black bags because Ross refuses to use my bags when it is just him with the kids...you know, like the 2 times a year that that happens ;)

ANJANETTE - How I long for the day when I don't feel like I have to pack my house up anytime we go anywhere. Jealous :)

And NO Anna did not build the house of blocks all by herself. We have to build a house almost daily, and while she does put blocks on it, I would give most of that credit to either Ross or I. LOL. If she did do that, I would be singing her up for some kind of genius school ;)

Deamers said...

Those are cool blocks she has, Reese only has the big lego ones, maybe I'll get her some like that. Plus she is an amazing tower builder! seriously.

CORYNN AND JER said...

Something weird: I saw someone wearing a skirt with that EXACT pattern that your bag has today at church. Strange.

Tyler and Sara said...

What a smartie pants! Maybe she can be an engineer just like her daddy. Although she does seem like a people person so who knows. I like the genetic basket hat link. It's good to know your child is yours right? Ah the diaper bag, I have to say for me, who doesn't carry a purse, it had been one of the hardest transitions.

Jaime said...

I love how proud she looks after making the salad dressing tower, thats awesome!

Sarah said...

You have an engineer on your hands. Her daddy should be proud. I love the diaper bag! Hope all is well.

Marie said...

Oh my heck. Love the tower of bottles. Dani loves to stack things too. She, however, makes towers of books and stickers. And OH MY HECK--totally covetous of that bag. I bought an oversized purse to use as a diaper bag, but it is the hugest pain in the butt to find anything in it. No pockets...what was I thinking?

Mindy Brown said...

Megan, you most certianly can join the Im really gonna lose it! What I need you to do is send me your email address and I will send you a invite. Please send your email address to: kmdaam@msn.com Welcome aboard!

Danielle said...

I'm looking for a cute diaper bag, where'd you get it?

Melanie said...

Those salad dressing bottles are impressive. I can barely stack things like that.

Marie Rose said...

super super cute bag! I love it! I almost did my nursery lime and black...but alas I resorted to my old fav...red, black and white. I'm lame I know. It's the only color scheme I seem to do. Anyway, Anna is a genius! I'm very impressed. who knew? She is of course your child so it is only to be expected! Evan's got some big shoes to fill.

Chelsie said...

ha, she looks so very proud of herself in all of those pics, love it. and i love your diaper bag, and the box, actually was bigger in real life than it looks in the pic. thanks for letting us come over and play this morning. see you tonight

Susie said...

Anna is very creative and very cute in all the pictures. Thanks for sharing the things she does and says. Love it!! I also think your diaper bag is totally darling. I almost wish I had a little one so I could get one. But you'll have to enjoy it for me. Too old for that!!

Brooke said...

That is really funny, most eco companies end up being oxy morons in some way. I love that she stacked the salad dressing bottles! That takes talent!

kristina said...

I am so getting me one of the bags. Super cute.
I remember the moments of having a new baby and a 2 year old and really thought I would lose my mind.
I am now freaking out with having a 4 year old, a 2 year old and in 5 months a newborn..EEEEEEEEEEkk.
Your kiddies sure are cute.

Natasha said...

Love all the cute pictures of your little ones. Emma also loves to put baskets on her head. And all that food looks so YUMMY!!! Oh and I love love love your diaper bag. I don't need a new one but I'm bag crazy so where did you get it from?