We drove up to Logan to go to Ross' cousin's farewell. Afterwords we went to a nearby park to visit with family.
The next week Ross' little sister Chelsea received her endowments in the Logan temple. So we trekked up there again for a session, which was beautiful, and afterwords Ross and I went to dinner at the Indian Oven. I was sad to see this restaurant move from the gas station into an actual building. There is just something about the shadiness of a gas station restaurant :) But it was still nice to eat dinner without our children - it might be a while before that happens again.
Later that week was Chelsea and Jared's actual wedding. They got married in the Bountiful temple. It was such a beautiful day and they were beautiful too... so happy together. However, no lunch, a missed nap and a really really hot day doesn't make a happy 2 year old. What does make a happy 2 year old?
Water!
She was much happier that night at the reception. Here is the whole clan.
The next week Chelsie and I drove up to O-town for our friend Tara's baby shower. It was so much fun to hang out with these girls again. Tara is due in December, but we had it a little early since she just moved back to Arizona - boo! We missed you Sara and Barb!
That weekend I went up to Logan with my mom and my sister Lacie's family. We went to Willow Park - which is always a good time. We saw monkeys,
touched turtles,
but Annabelle's favorite thing is feeding the ducks. Seriously. She didn't really get excited about anything else. Lame.
Evan just chilled the whole time in his stroller - didn't make a peep - such a good baby.
Speaking of Evan, he has old man hair. He has a small patch at the crown of his head and then along the nape of his neck. The nice thing about having a boy with old man weird hair? I don't feel guilty about buzzing it. Ross did the honors.
It looks so much better now.
Anna loves playing with her friend Katelyn and it had been a while since they had played together so we met up for an afternoon at the splash park . I didn't get any pictures but this one because I was feeding Evan. I wish it were one where Anna was actually looking at the camera, but that is pretty hard to get.
Yesterday Evan was blessed.
I would love to tell you what a beautiful job Ross did, but trying to hold my child and keep her from talking to her cousin in front of her and the cousin behind her..well, I didn't hear much. The classic picture:

Ross trying to get food out of my teeth - true love.
We are so photogenic.
There is a small farm behind our house and the kids thought the cows and horses were fun to talk to.
Thanks to all our friends and family who made it. It was so good to see everyone. Now I am going to go take a nap...

32 comments:
You guys have been SUPER busy!!! WOWIE!!! Your kiddos are darling, as always. You LOOK GREAT! Man. Taylor will be 2 in December and I have about 20 lbs to go. LOL! I keep telling myself if i'm not going to loose it I should at least get pregnant again so I can have a REASON! LOL!
I LOVE the picture of Ross picking food out of your teeth, and of your darling playing in the water. :)
Sounds busy - especially hauling around 2 kids! You guys look so cute at Evan's blessing. I love the silly family pic. Ah memories ;)
I hope Ross remembered what he said during the blessing - maybe he can write it down for you.
Holy cow! You guys have been on the move.
I love the crazy family picture. I love that Anna is pulling a face too. If I can get a picture when my girls aren't pulling a face like that it is a miracle.
wow-you are a busy woman. i'm glad my summer has slowed down. hailey too can always be found wherever there is water. i am constantly changing her clothes
I have an issue with a few of these outings...LOGAN do you know I live there?? Whatever! I love to see that Anna and Baylee have so many of the same clothes. LOL!! And Ross he is such a picture poser!
Sounds like a crazy month. Your kids are adorable. I remember buzzing Carters hair early for the same reason.
Holy busy! what a fun and crazy month, hopefully things will slow down for you guys soon! Oh and look at you go already cutting Evan's hair, and me not even being able to cut my almost ten month olds hair, you are brave, but yet I'm wierd about it for some reason! Go you!
I love Willow Park Zoo. It's such a cute little place. It looks like you have had a BUSY month. I bet you'll be glad to kick your feet up and relax for a few days. I love your pictures. The picture of your daughter hanging over the pool is too cute for words. Love it!
- Sarah
Ah, Logan. I am jealous that you have been visiting. We only ever drive through now...boo. Love the family pictures!
Man you have gone up to Logan more than I have lately and my parents live there! I love that you buzzed Evan's hair. If Lucas was a girl it would be so sad, he has no hair and the hair he has is so blonde you can't even see it! Looks like a fun month!
I love the teeth-picking picture, the way Ross is holding your chin...oh, makes me want to have Ry pick stuff out of my teeth.
You are such a busy person! I honestly don't know how you do it!
Seriously. I need to take a nap after reading about all your driving! Summer is crazy. Fun, but crazy. You look GREAT by the way. Evan is so cute. You are right that he is a big boy!. I think the weight measurement is just a few ounces off Gemma's 6 month numbers... BOYS!
So what's up with you coming to Logan like 3 times and never giving me a shout out? Hmph.
First off Megan, you look so great! Your little family is so adorable and it looks like you're in high demand by all your peeps :)
Once (IF) things slow down, let's plan a play date. I'll come down south to you this time....sounds like you've driven north a lot lately!
Quite the pic of our two girls. I'm so glad it was a great one:) It's funny how everything happens at the same time. I hope you get a few days to relax.
Oh I missed you guys too. It especially would have been nice to get away from my baby and go to the shower. Don't get me wrong, I love the kid. It's just that brakes from him are blissful. That picture of Ross trying to get food out of your teeth is classic. I know what you mean about a driver. Before we moved we were driving like crazy so everyone could see Grant. Now we have to drive 20 minutes to the grocery store. Traveling with kids is hard, it is especially hard when it is so hot.
I'm glad your baby has old man hair too. It is good that his head is so perfect though, if Grant didn't have hair it would be bad because of his bump (that's right he still has a bump from labor, talk about trama). Ok I will stop writing my novel now.
you have been busy. Look at you go with two kids. Sorry we couldn't make it to the blessing. We were having a family weekend up at les's cabin before Natalie off and moved to California. I love the family picture. Those are the ones you like the best anyway. Well, hopefully we'll see ya soon if not before this baby of mine comes!
LOVE the family pictures :P You guys crack me up. You have been a busy girl that's for sure. I can't believe you just had a baby...you LOOK so GREAT!
Sounds like you had a crazy but amazing August. It looks like a lot of fun with a wedding , seeing animals and to top it off blessing your sweet Evan. Very cute pictures of you all even the funny faces. Lots of fun for the Dinsdale family.
Love the family picture way better than just smiling, shows your true character!! Hey what are your plans on Thursday?? I was thinking of a visit! Let me know!
I'm so sad I missed the shower! Looks like so much fun. Sounds like you have had a busy month or so(: We need to come out and visit, Why go to farm country? We can just go to Megans and see all the animals. I love the little vest you had Evan in. Its hard to find cute boys blessing outfits, but you found a keeper. Its darling.
the dinsdale family pic is uber cute...i heart the outfit that you wore. sorry about my son contributing to the fact that you couldn't hear the blessing...whoops...maybe if we would have got there a little early and let them play for a sec it would have been better...probably not...but i can pretend. and i agree with barb, that is a super cute blessing outfit he's in ;-)
I am glad to see that Willow park actually has monkeys. All the times that we visited I never actually saw any!
I was feeling bad for you on Sunday thinking how you probably couldn't hear the baby blessing. We were sitting closer and I could hardly hear. I was wondering if the mic was working?
I loved reading your lasts few posts and catching up. Usually everything about Annabelle makes me laugh - she is hilarious. I love that picture of her playing in the water at the wedding. Evan is so cute and he is getting so big! You guys are such a cute family and Ross is a sweetheart! 7 candybars? Ha ha... I love it.
Hey your sis in law did get her hair done! Also thank you for cutting your little dude's hair. I don't understand why people hold on to the mullet!
I must say you are looking mighty good! You have to be pretty dang close to pre-pregnancy weight. Sounds like you guys had a fun filled month. Probably flew buy for you. Now ready for football!
so cute. what a sweet little boy. what a sweet little family. you look way too good! i miss that long hair.:) thanks for keeping me seeing those Thompson girls too.
Hey, we blessed Daphne the same day, what a small world! We're coming down to see you soon because I'm dying of Megan-starvation! LOVE!
Wow you've been busy! It's funny how whenever I'm busy I wish I had less to do, and when I'm not I wish I had more... I know how you feel Sydney was like that at Morgan's blessing, I had my mom write it down so I could atleast know a little of what was said. I have to say that if Sydney and Anna were in the same vicinity we would find them both at the water. And also, I seriously can't believe how big he is getting! He's a chunk!
You've been a busy girl. Not to mention the fact that you have two young children to care for. We should meet at a park one day for lunch before it gets too cold so our boys can meet. Email me.
Sorry you've heard from me like fiddy times today...whatevs. anyway, you look so cute! I'm jealous you went to willow park zoo...i always love seeing the birds on loan from tracey aviary. yeah, and we need to compare schedules, as we still need to get the clan to SLC to eat at Gourmandies.
Megan you look SO good--I can't believe you just had a baby! And after doing that little tiny duathlon, I can't imagine a triathlon!!!
Post a Comment