skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I Don't Understand
Why my husband has started cooking more frequently than me. Maybe because I don't organize my time well in the evening with two kids? Because of his cooking shows? Because he likes to find new ways to use the veggies from our garden? Either way, I won't complain...

Why the smell from canning salsa lasts for so long? Only to replaced by the smell of canning jalapenos. I am thinking we won't plant so much next year. Who eats canned jalapenos anyway? Ross.
Why Ross took this picture of me and decided it was good enough to keep?

Why endless shrimp lands on our Anniversary (Happy 5 years to us!) every year - hence us going there almost every year as well. And why all of the sudden I am now allergic to shrimp. I probably wasn't supposed to be stealing yummy shrimp from Ross' plate anyway - stupid karma.

Why kids have to get sick? I don't think it should be allowed to have one kid up all night until I have gotten a full nights rest on a regular basis. For heavens sake, I haven't slept through the night in a year now! Annabelle was so tired from being sick and not going down for a nap that day that when I came back downstairs from putting Evan to bed, this is what I found. I don't think she has fallen asleep out of her bed, voluntarily, since she was probably 6 months old.
Why I want to run so badly, but I do. I wish I could run as far and as fast as I used to, I have to keep telling myself it will come with time...eventually. My friend Barb and I ran a 5k last Saturday. My goal was to beat the time from the first 5k after having Annabelle. I ended up achieving my goal and running it in 25:26 (not my best, but I will take it) and taking second in my division. The person who beat me? Barb! Woot! Woot! When I was talking to my mom later that day and mentioned my good news, she asked me if Barb and I were the only ones in our age division. Thanks Jane for the faith. And yes there were 21 people in our division, in case you were skeptical.
Why my sons laugh reminds me of a donkey? Doesn't matter. He makes me smile.
22 comments:
oh i love the video!!! he does sound like a donkey, see and you always said that my son should be eeyore for halloween....now they have that in common but for different reasons. in all my days i never ran a 5k that fast, even a year after i had a kid! you guys rock
That is such a cute video. He definitely sounds like a donkey, but a very very sweet donkey. Good job on the race!
First of all little Evan is adorable! Second, you rock! I don't think I have ever ran a 5k that fast...ever. and Third Ross can come and cook at our house any time. Suck about the shrimp after Avery I'm now allergic to avacados and kiwi's :(. Congrats on the anniversary!
happy anniversary! congrats on the 5k. its fun to see pics of barb, it's been awhile!
also. that dinner ross made looks nummy. i love stuffed peppers.
Cute kid! Lucky women that your husband cooks healthy meals! Awesome job on your run. I think you are ready for the half. Hehe. I've been running at record speeds so maybe we can be a good match.
Happy babies are the best! Cute laughs, Evan! Congrats on your running, that is awesome-I haven't done a lick of exercise since the babe was born (and many months before that...)
Sorry that Anna was sick, hope she is better! No fun...
Happy belated Anniversary! I love that video of Evan. I was laughing along with him, and i love his laugh donkey and all. Thanks for inviting me to run that race with you. Its good to know that there was 21 other people in our division, I was starting to wonder(; I'm so sorry to hear about Anna! Hope you are getting a little more rest this week.
I bet jed would eat canned jalepenos, he's weird like that too. totally weird about being randomly allergic to shrimp now. sad, sad, sad about anna being sick enough to fall asleep on the couch.
the video of evan is too cute!
What a cute little baby you have, I love it when they laugh out loud like that when they are so little! You rock, I can't believe how good you are at your races, you amaze me everytime I hear about you running one of those, awesome job! And happy aniversary, I can't believe how fast the time goes!
he does sound like a donkey-super cute though. way to go on the 5k, poor anna, and happy anniversary
Your hair is so long!
Evan is so big (and cute) - he looks as big as Wes. And Wesley is NOT a petite 6 month old... LOL!
Did you know I still haven't met little Evan, but don't you worry Saundra tells me he is an EXACT replica of Ross. Wahoo on the 5k, I tried to run to my gym the other day, 2 miles mind you. And I thought I was going to die and I run all the time. So pathetic! Totally had kurt come pick me up! In my defense I did weights for 45 minutes to make up for the sad cardio!!
I know what you can use your pickled jalepenos for!! Go to my food blog, and there is a recipe called Jalepeno Cream Cheese dip. It is really easy to make and SOOO good. When I'm on a kick, I use like 2 jars of jalepenos in like 2 weeks :)
That's funny, Brett loves Jalapeno's too. I bet he wishes we would grow some. He loves them with Sunchips. Does Ross? Anyway, cute little kids!!
First, Evan is adorable. He does sound like the cutest lil donkey. I loved that video. Second, I have never ran a 5k that fast...ever! Even when I train. It's just not in me to be fast...but I love it anyways. So that is incredible. You and Barb totally rock! Thirid, I love that Ross cooks! What a guy.
hehe. Love this post :) Happy Anniversary by the way. Your son is such a cutie!!! And great job on the 5k. I have no desire to run, but I do have the desire to not be fat anymore :) So maybe running is the answer.
Wow you should be so proud of you running a 5k after having a baby so soon. And you must tell me what is in your stuffed peppers they look divine! Just call me the next time he makes them :)
Good job with the 5K. I'm impressed. I've taken a few weeks off and I've realized that I'm back to day one. Sad how quickly I can lose it.
I totally agree that you shouldn't be up all night until you get a full night of sleep. I feel for you. You are my hero. Great 5k time. You are a stud you and Barb really should ditch the kids and come down and run Del Sol. I know I know I won't talk about it anymore, but I just miss you guys. I wish I could have run that 5k with you guys. I'm glad Ross likes to cook. Tyler has yet to develop that love. Although I bet he would be SUPER interested in canned jalapenos.
OH Megan I love it all. I am itching to go running and getting back in shape...I am definately ready to say goodbye to this baby weight. Hopefully I'll be as good as you one of these days. I can't wait to come visit tomorrow. Hopefully I'll make it there before 4pm!
Count your blessings Ross wants and is willing to cook. Looks like he is quite the cook too. Looks like you have been busy canning and those jars sure look beautiful too. Job well done, pat yourself on the back. Love the Napoleon look, too cute. Happy 5 years of being married and happy more to come. Congrats to getting back to running and doing so well right from the get go from just having a baby. Love Evan's laugh, he is so stink in cute. Nothing is worse then not getting your full nights rest for sure, sorry to hear you had sick kids. So glad Anna crashed for you, sweet!
megan i have tried visiting your blog twice before it actually lets me comment. i am obviously handicapped. Tell Ross I am so impressed with his cooking skills, the presentation is nice! Nolan is all about presentation when he cooks, too, not that he cooks nearly as much as Ross. You are a canning machine, that is so cool!! How nice of you to can jalepenos because ross likes them. I'm glad ross kept that picture of you because i liked it, you are pretty no matter what picture! and evan baby cracks me up, so stinkin cute. of course your kids have the funnest personalities. Lastly. Way to go with the run. I am so scared to run 5ks because i am so out of shape. guess i just need to jump in and start running. i'm glad you have such a passion for it. i really like it too, when i actually get myself to do it.
Post a Comment