11.12.2009

Same Old, Same Old

Well the pictures are finally on our computer again. So here is what I missed last time and playing a little bit of catch up in completely random order because I am simply too lazy. Enough said :)

We invited our friends over for Halloween. We had dinner, then the boys took the kids trick or treating while Anjanette and I got to stay back with Evan and hand out candy.

Annabelle had so much fun that the next day when she woke up she asked if it was Halloween. I have a feeling it is going to be a long year. At least she still has her bucket of candy to hold her over until Christmas.

When we took the kids to get their Halloween pictures taken, they were so captivated by the carousel at the Ogden mall. Oh to be a child again. Look at the pure joy on Cooper's face.

Mind you that before this picture was taken we were standing in line at Chik-fil-A and the carousel started with other children on it. Gasp! My child fa-reaked out and threw the biggest tantrum because she was not on it. Proud parent moment.


More of Ross' cooking:



Mmmmm. Grilled chicken with grilled pineapple - so yummy.


My sister Lacie threw a baby shower for her friend Kristen and I went up to O-town the day before and had a bake off with my mom to make the desserts for the party. All I had was my cell phone to take pictures with. Mind you the picture quality is terrible because I am probably one of 10 people in this state (including all the kids that are half my age with cell phones) that doesn't have smart phone, sliding phone, i phone, blackberry, whatever with a decent camera on it.

Chocolate cup cakes with cream cheese frosting.

Cookie dough mini cupcake bites.


Onesie shaped sugar cookies. These were put in cellophane bags and tied with ribbon for the party favors.

Both my kids love reading and being read to. I really hope they both continue to love books. I like that I can just hand over the responsibility to my daughter ;)


My kids have such a great daddy - he is obviously much more fun than I am. While I went to a conference on Tuesday, Ross took half the day off to stay at home and watch the kids. He lets Anna pick out her clothes (pj's) and then played 'Halloween' with her. (Told you it is going to be a long year).


Builds super cool towers with her too.


And this is just cute too cute. I can't believe how big Evan is getting though! Aaah!


24 comments:

Sheena Menke said...

Woah, the first to comment on your blog, that is a serious triumph. Your kids are so cute Megan. I cannot believe Evan is so big already and I haven't even met him. I love that Anna Played Halloween, that is too hilarious.

Becky said...

Ooh, those treats look yummy! That last picture is so cute. Eli doesn't sleep like that anymore :( They get too big too fast!

Jenny said...

Love the cute treats! I need to learn how to do the cupcake bites btw. Too funny that anna likes to play halloween. Pretty smart if you ask me to come up with playing a game resulting in candy :) don't you love how dad's totally get the fun part?? Jed runs around and plays with addie every night and I'm feel lame, then remember that I'm here alll day, not just a couple hours. Ha. Anyways, I just noticed the carosel at the mall the other day and thanked my lucky stars addie didn't see/care about it. Man I AM lame! Cute cute kids megan!

Haley said...

Ya, Dad's do totally get the fun part! You're baby boy is getting so big. It feels like just last week that we were wondering when he was going to make his appearance into the world. I love that you said "fa reaked" out. I can totally relate! And BTW, I don't even have a cell phone anymore. Ya, thanks for reminding me how out of it I am. :)

Katie said...

You guys are definitely creative when it comes to making goodies! I don't even make the attempt.
Thank goodness for good dads, huh?

brynn eyre said...

Finally a post! Man all of those treats look so dang good! I guess I know who to call to get a good cupcake recipe! In fact do you have any good pumpkin anything recipes? I love the picture of Ross and Evan! Oh how I miss those days when your baby would actually fall asleep on you!

Barb said...

You are torturing me with those pics! Ah they look so dang good. Austin talks about Halloween alot too. It is going to be a long year for us as well! Evan is getting big. Doesn't it go by twice at fast with the second?

Heidi said...

Love the cute pictures! That ride in the mall is so ghetto, love it! And don't worry you are not the only one without a cool phone, mine is also a piece of crap because I refuse to pay for a cell phone when you already pay as much as you do on your monthly bill! It's all a scam, don't get me started on that! And my kids at school all have the way nicer phones than I do, spoiled little kids! So cute of Evan and Ross asleep those kind of pictures are priceless! By the way, I'm itching to get together with you guys again, did you ever do it at Ashley's house the other day?

The Ballard's said...

Yeah for updates. You see, Ross has a trick. You take a picture of the 3 fab things you do with the kids & the rest of the time you sleep. He is a smart dad. If you document only the good times you have proof that you are a good parent. Short people (kids) should never have cameras:) They will only use them to embarrass you.

The Wilson Family said...

Did you know I still have not met little Evan!! It disgusts me to even say that out loud!! What kind of friend am I? Side note I never even know you have been up until I read your blog!! So I partially blame you!

Ty and Ber said...

Dads are always the fun parent. It's not quie fair.
I love that Anna reads to Evan. I have put my 4 yr old in charge of that task at times.

The Goodrich's said...

Love the pic of Evan snuggling with Daddy...we have an anti-snuggle baby. Needless to say, that has never happened to us!

The treats look divine!!!

Meg said...

You girls always have yummyy treats on your blogs. I love the onesie so cute. I can not believe either how big Evan is so crazy to me. Tell Anna I love her tower it is the best I have ever seen. Love that gril she is so cute

Tierra said...

Everything in this post looks super fun and I have plenty of comments, but the one I choose to voice is this: My phone doesn't even have a CAMERA on it!!! The people at work are constantly telling me how ghetto I am...anyway, you're way ahead of me. And Bakerella would be proud of your little onesie cookies.

Kourtney and Nathan said...

Cute pics! You have some cute kids!! I know what you mean about the phone camera, because I don't have a fancy one either, yours takes better pics than mine, haha :)

Susie said...

So glad that Anna loves Halloween so much, that is totally cute. Sounds like you had a fun one at that. Those meals that Ross is cooking up looks amazing, your lucky to have a chef on your hands. Very yummy treats you made, you guys are amazingly talented. You put Martha to shame. I think you need to open up a bakery. Love the cute pictures of the kids and of course worn out daddy with Evan.

Kristin said...

Megan- Thank you so much for making all the cute treats! They were a hit with everyone!!!!

Anjanette said...

Thanks for having us over. We had fun and I think the tears of having to leave coming from Katelyn's eyes say how she felt. I love catch up blogs, I do them a lot and playing Halloween, please don't tell Katelyn about this. Too funny!

FRYER FAM said...

never a bad item of food with you guys. you are always outdoing the last thing. those shower treats looked too good to eat. wish i could have been there to see them in real life.

C and C Young said...

oh to be a dad!

Stacia Cummings said...

Your kids are seriously adorable. It was so fun to see you. I'm glad we did it. I think I had a dream about the cupcake mini bites. They look so good.

Melanie said...

I am glad that Daniel wasn't the only one who wanted it to be Halloween forever. Such fun. That is an awesome tower that Anna and Ross built.

Chelsie said...

ah look at my cute son, thanks for posting that pic! i'm loving the new posts...although i'm still 100 new posts behind, i thought i would check yours out first, i know, good sister right. i love that they played halloween together, my kid would dig that!

mommy princess said...

Those Shower treats are all beautiful. I love the onsie cookie. Your family pictures are great. We got ours right before I found out I was pregers last year. I totally jinxed myself because I remember thinking, "good now our family pictures are caught up for awhile. Nope Now we have Layla and not one family picture with her in it. I've got to at least get something done before Christmas. So I can have something to send out.