Anna got some new shoes. Loves them. She searched high and low for this hat I think we bought over a year ago because it would 'match perfectly with my new sneaker shoes.' She loves to pick out her clothes and the clothes that everyone one else should be wearing too.
She also loves to help me in the kitchen. She loves to help me make dinner, but really loves to help me bake. I; however, don't like when she helps me bake because most everything baked has eggs in it and she usually gets all depressed when I add them and demands that I leave them out. I tell her that they recipe tells me I have to put them in. To which she usually replies, 'When I get bigger can I eat eggs?' Man I hope she can. The nut allergy is fine, the egg one totally blows. Eggs are in everything!
Evan is super huge and easy going - not much has changed there. He has been eating solids for a while now, but not really enjoying them (have you smelled peas? I don't blame him!) But he had fruit for the first time the other day (I have given him a little mixed in his oatmeal before, but not just fruit) and he will wait for the next bite with his mouth wide open - it is pretty funny. He loves to dance to music or my singing (so hilarious. Both the dancing and my singing, I suppose) He still has no interest in crawling or moving at all for that matter. He loves Anna more than anyone and is always looking for her when she is not around. His face lights up when he sees her and it makes me so happy. I just don't understand it though...while she has gotten nicer to him she still knocks him over occasionally to get my attention. Love her.

Ross has been making yummy Mexican food from his new cookbook - which I thoroughly enjoy.
And uses his deep fat fryer at every chance he can get - which I don't so thoroughly enjoy. Ugh. The smell of hot oil sticks to you and it reaks. Not to mention he deep fat fried pizza. PIZZA, people! Sick. But I forgave him when he make the Krsipy Kreme copycat donuts. Yum!
And apparently when I am at Young Womens, this is how he entertains both himself and Anna.
Speaking of Young Women's, for this weeks activity we exchanged Valentines. I made these sugar cookie's for each of the girls (idea found here). And we will just say that it was quite the learning experience. I now have a much better idea of what consistency I need to make the frosting to both glaze and pipe. Oh well. Once they were all packaged up they looked fine. Minus the fact that I was using an Easter basket to deliver them. Meh.

30 comments:
those doughnuts look delish. yummmmm
You're son is so cute. I just want to kiss his little rolls. I love it when they're chunky. I must say, Anna is quite the cute looking sunbeam in primary. Did Bro or Sis Fowler tell you what she said during Sharing time last Sunday. It was hilarious.
Those donuts look SO good! Evan is so cute, and that's awesome that he isn't crawling yet :) I wish I had that problem
Little Anna is so cute, and Evan, man, he's huge! I was going to say that Carter lost some of his hugeness once he started crawling, but maybe Evan wants to hang on to the big baby record.
By the way, I hope none of my old YW girls see your posts about what you make for the YW in your ward....
It looks like Anna is a little fashion queen. She is so funny. Evan is darling. Graham isn't really into food either. Not even the fruit. Pears make him gag. I love your sugar cookies. They would ensure me a happy Valentines Day.
I am so with you on this winter YUCK! And your dougnuts looked better than mine :( I think Anna and Baylee need to meet because they are so much alike!!
Love the hair do's Evan looks adorable in that picture and your food is always beautiful and probably just as delicious. Good luck with finding things to do...that's what we're struggling with too.
so fun to read about your kids. adorable apron on annabelle! still impressed by ross and his cooking. want those donuts. and those cookies. they look perfect to me!
wow those doughnuts look amazing, and Where did you get that little chef's hat? I want one for Reese!!
Amen to winter time!! Hopefully spring is around the corner soon. I'm so ready! Anna and Evan are so darn adorable. Love Anna in her bakers outfit, way to cute. I'm totally impressed with Ross and all that he is cooking up. Those donuts look AMAZING! Cute Valentine cookies very creative you two are for sure!!
42 degrees today...maybe it will soon be over? Probably not.
If that's that outfit that Anna picks by herself, whoa. Molly does the same thing but it is so mismatched! A budding fashionista?
I'm totally done with winter as well. You know on those days where you are bored and want some adult conversation just give me a ring and I'll be over in a jiffy. I love Anna and i think she's hilarious! Good Stuff.
totally agree with you on winter, so sick of it! can't wait for spring! love the pictures of the kiddos they are the cutest things ever. hopefully we can get our get together plans together soon, still lovin all the emails though, they make me laugh so hard!
Anna looks so old!! Both kids are as adorable as always :) I didn't realize you are in YW, I am too so if you have any brilliant mutual ideas pass them this way, we're always looking for new ideas. I'm not as nice as you though, and I don't make treats like this. I wish I could get food to turn out half as good as you do!
I hear ya. I cannot wait to go out for walks in the evening with the boys again.
Really cute cookie-pops!
Oh my heck, so when you said the other day how similar Addie and Anna are, uhh you're right, LOL. Too funny.... we must rock as moms right? :)
I love the darling cookies- I bet the YW loved them. Love cute litte chubby Evan...and look how long Anna's hair is getting. We need another play date soon, oh and a date date...you know that sans kids things we've discussed for months. Let me know a weekend you'll be in O-town and we'll plan it!
I love the cookies...makes me want to make some right now. Your kids are so cute. Maybe you should move your cute fam down to the lovely warmth of Arizona.
Josh doesnt like veggies either. He anxiously awaits his fruit though, so being the mean mom that I am I give him a spoonful of fruit and then sneak in some veggies on the next spoonful. Joshua has the same towel as Evan.
I love Anna's apron. Super cute!
Ok, so I just went over to that website for the cookies and I am going to try them! I haven't ever seen icing made like that! I usually make the butter, powdered sugar kind and can NEVER decorate with it! That really does suck about the eggs, hopefully she grows out of it!
See, now would be the perfect time to take a break from the snow, and come to the land of eternal sunshine :) And by the way, stop posting such yummy treats on your blog--now I'm craving donuts and cookies!! I need to stop being pregnant already.
ah it's been so long since i have seen those kidlets...i miss them!! your cookies look fabulous ove!! that frosting is a little tricky finding the right consistency, but they look great!! and ever since you posted the doughnuts on facebook, i have been craving them....
Mmm...I need to come take a cooking crash course at your house! Evan sitting on the bed in his towel is adorable. I love clean, chubby, nakey babies!
Megan,
Have you tried flaxseed? It can be replaced for eggs in almost every recipe (banana bread, cookies, cakes, etc.). Anyway, I rarely use eggs when I bake anymore because I bought a big bag of cold-milled flaxseed at Costco and I found the conversion on the back. Basically you add 1 TBSP of the flaxseed plus 3 TBSP water for every egg a recipe calls for. I had no idea I could do this. I bought it just to add to my oatmeal and cereal and stuff because it's so healthy for you, but one day I was just reading the back and it told me I could replace my eggs with it. Score. Anyway, I looked on the bag for that nut warning about containing nuts or being processed in a facility that deals with nuts, and it didn't say anything of the sort, so I suppose it doesn't have the nut properties to it. Anyway, you might have already heard of it and stuff, but I just thought I'd tell you in case you were unaware of it. Regardless, I haven't been able to tell a bit of difference in any of my recipes by substituting it for eggs...and I don't get all worried anymore about eating cookie dough since there are no raw eggs in it. But the bad thing is I always justify eating more cookie dough because it has "healthy stuff" in it. lol.
I'm making those donuts this week! I can't wait. My mom bought me a donut cutter last year and I've never used it, so now I get to! :)
The cookies look like something you'ed order from a specialty shop in New York. Here's a link to a yummy egg free chocolate cake recipe that Annabelle would love.
http://www.egglesscooking.com/2010/01/06/vegan-chocolate-banana-cake/
They also have other really great egg free recipes. Check them out.
Hugs!
Those cookies are so cute. Too bad I'm too lazy to try and do anything like that.
Your kids are so stinkin cute. I love Anna's new shoes. I don't blame Evan for not wanting loving baby food...it looks and smells gross. The donuts look delicious. If you ever have extra you want to give away we are just a small walk from your house. Your cookies look fabulous. I even like the easter basket touch!
Gosh your kiddos are so cute! I am totally with you on the winter woes...I don't think I can stand another 2 months. I always love your posts cause they make me droll with yummy treats. hehe.
You have got to stop posting food on your blog I might just show up at your house one day and eat it all you and Chels always have way yummy things on there and every time I see it right now I want it bad you know the pregnancy cravings. haha anna is so stinking cute. Yes Tenisha is due May 30 I am the first of July we are really excited.
Wow, I can't believe how big Anna looks. She is such a beauty. And your little Evan is such a doll. I just want to squish his little cheekies!
1-Your kids are adorable
2-Your husband cooks? I wouldn't care that he deep fat fried things, I would just be thrilled if he prepared ANY meal!
3-You are so gourmet and I love it! I wish I was one of your YW!
Post a Comment