A couple of weeks ago I ran the Ogden half marathon with my Dad and brother-in-law. I was so nervous for this race, but ended up having so much fun. I met so many people on the run and had fun talking with them and I just felt so good. Seriously. I don't think I have ever felt so good during a race or after. It surprised me. My poor husband had to listen to me go on and on all day about how much fun I had.
I was pretty happy with my time. But I was more happy that I had such a fun time. I finished in 1:42:54 and finished 10th out of 225 people in my age division. Jigga what?! I surely did not expect that! Hopefully next time I will have more friends to run it with me. Hint. Hint :)The next weekend Ross, his brothers and his Dad headed south for 3 days to go back packing. He took the camera, hence all of the cell phone pictures below. Naturally Evan woke up early to say good bye to his dad. I tried to get him to go back to sleep. Obviously, that was not happening.
Anna packed the cooler full of her play food so she could go camping too.
Evan decided now that he only had one caregiver, to learn to pull himself up and try the stairs. Sweet mercy.
The first night without Daddy, I woke up to see Anna in my face at 4:30 AM. She missed her Daddy and couldn't sleep. So I took her to her favorite place in the world later that day. We got some books and even checked out Cinderella on DVD. This would be the second movie she has ever watched. She was afraid of Lucifer the cat people! Now you know why she doesn't watch movies.

We played at the park. Evan is a fan of the swing. Anna loved pushing him...high....a little too high.
He also loves to open and close the doors and play peek a boo.
Anna has been begging to go to 'Old McDonalds' to get some 'frenchy fries' for quite some time now. I am not a fast food fan, so I always tell her no. Not this time. Oh she was happy.
Evan thought the apples were pretty good too.
She was so happy to help me water the plants and our garden.
By Saturday evening I was ready for Ross to come home. I made some cinnamon rolls in hopes it would lure him back North. Guess what?! It worked ;)

30 comments:
I am loving the pics of you running--so hilarious! Way to go on your time--so jealous. I just keep getting slower....
That is hilarious! Umm why on earth would you want to spend 1&45 min running is beyond me! But at least you had fun. Remember how with your first you are so excited when they learn things like walking, climbing stairs and all that then with your second you wise up?! And with baking the sweets its kinda like the batman light in the sky for Ross. :)
Nice job on the run! That is awesome. I'm pretty sure, like you, I felt good the whole you were running as I was sitting at home eating ice cream or something :)
Oh how I hate being a single parent. It is rough stuff. I don't know how people do it all the time. Tyler just got back from being gone for 1.5 weeks and now he is heading out for 3 weeks. Heaven help me. I am baking cookies right now but I don't think that is going to keep him home like your cinnamon rolls brought Ross home.
Love the comparison to the batman light and the cinnamon rolls! Too funny! Where's the Arsino Hall pic? J/K I actually feel really bad about putting that on your wall now that I saw how many people checked your wall and commented on it. My bad!! LOVE the pic with your medal!
You look fabulous!!! And those cinnamon rolls look delicious!
Cute kiddos...But I can't believe that Anna is scared of Lucifer, the Cat. My boys play 'cat' all the time, and Tanner goes around hissing like he's Lucifer the cat. LOL!
Too funny.
You really are pretty amazing! Nice run time--not that I would really know, but good job! :D You have some fun kids...we should hang out again sometime soon.
Something always happens when dad's away....how's his stair progress? Claire calls it old mcdonalds too! Looks like you had a fun weekend though and congrats on the race quite an accomplishment....my goal is not to die during my race...we'll see how that goes!
You look so cute running your race! Not fair, but I'm glad you had so much fun.
Ian and Amelia also call McD's "Old McDonalds" and if you make me some cinnamon rolls I will come to visit :)
I would seriously like to run a half marathon but I would probably be second to last over all! The only one finishing before me is the man walking it with his oxygen tank!! Anyway I am back in the game of exercise in let's count it 6 weeks! Hooray, gym here I come, just keep taking my money while I sit at home and get fat!
I am seriously so impressed with your time! You are amazing. Good to see you this week. Let's try to do it more often!
You are so fun...next year if school hasn't eaten me alive...count me in for the Ogden half. I need to get my butt outside. I love all the cell phone pics...reminds me of another blog...hmmm. anyway, your kids are adorable...love their faces. Let's play!
way to go on your half marathon! We were there watching my bro and sis in law, they did the full marathon, I can't believe you runners! I actually was thinking about you and your dad when we there, I figured you were running it but I never did see you!
Cute Post!! Look at you running machine. That is awesome. Your week sounded like fun...and I agree Disney shows are a little scary sometimes. :)
Cute Post!! Look at you running machine. That is awesome. Your week sounded like fun...and I agree Disney shows are a little scary sometimes. :)
I was wondering when you would post about the awesome time you posted on the race. Now you make me feel even more embarrassed!
Glad that you got out to do some fun things. The library is one of my happy places...go Anna! And I laugh because Molly calls it "Old McDonald's" too. She likes the 25 cent kids cones.
Meg! I love your running pictures. Ha. You do look like you are having a blast. 10th! Way to go. WAHOOO! You seriously rock! It was so good to see you this week and your sweet kids in person. They are adorable. By the way thanks for the artichoke recipie. I am giving it a shot tonight! I've been craving them constantly. By the way love the Ross poem below. Brandon and I were laughing out loud. Love it.
I will run it with you! Way to go! I have only ran a 10k so far, so I will work up to the 1/2 by next May!
In that first pic you look like you should be a celebrity.
Good job with the run. I wish and pray that I can get better at running, but my body has other thoughts. Oh well, I'll keep trying.
i love the pic of anna with her hand on her hip...haha...love that girl. what, just because you posted this and have all these people who say they will run the half with you...now you want to go and run a full...we can't keep up ove...we can't...mmm cinnamon rolls...
I want to do it next year with you , I'll start training now, it will definately take me that long. P.s. How do you get your cell pics off?
I want to do it next year with you , I'll start training now, it will definately take me that long. P.s. How do you get your cell pics off?
Megan, you are amazing. First a half marathon, which is incredible all by itself, but cinnamon rolls too! Sheesh. They look amazing by the way. I think I need your recipe.
Congrats on your time and running in the half marathon that is awesome of you!! I sure wish I could be like you and run like that!
Sounds like you survived being the single parent as Ross was backpacking! You even did some very fun things! Those cinnamon rolls look so yummy!
I am glad you had fun running. That doesn't even sound fun to me. I love how you are posing for the camera in all the running pics. Yea, I definitely will not be running with you...not only does it not sound fun but I am sure you are too fast! Your cinnamon rolls look yummy!
Megan you hottie!! Looking good and you rock! I love the frenchie fry comment and your cinnamon roles are making my sweet tooth radar come alive.
ONE HOUR FORTY-TWO?! You are amazing, and you were making friends and smiling at the same time-mind = blown. Go girl.
I'm so glad you had a good time. It's also great that you ran so fast! Way to go Meg! I'm excited to do Red Rock with you. Do you have any other half's planned?
oh how i dream of running like that. am i the friend you were hinting at? i will be. & i want one of those cinnamon rolls!
Your kiddos are so dang cute and You are such a good mama! Congrats on your race...you are AMAZING!
Post a Comment