7.22.2010

Phases and Stages

Evan is in a stage where:

* this is what happens when I tell him to smile. Is he trying to mock me?


* he can finally go down the stairs without help. Though when the stairs turn, he too turns around and takes the last few facing forward and bum scoots the rest of the way down. Thoroughly entertaining, I might add.

* he wants in on the action. No staying and watching from the sidelines anymore.


Anna is in the stage where:

* she has mad dance skills she is always showing off. Especially after watching 'Shuga Munga Dance So You Think You Can Dance'. Yep. That is what she says. Every. Time.

* if I don't let her help me make dinner, this is what happens. Heaven forbid there be 'down time' for 5 minutes.

* she is a poser

* she only wants to be wearing dresses and skirts - cause, you know, they twirl and she can't be pretty otherwise. Lucky for her, her Grandma Janers whipped her up some new ones while watching her last week.

Please note her pointer fingers are out and so is her tongue.
It seems this is the only way she can dance/twirl. lol.


I am in a phase where:

* girls weekends never get old. This time it was in sunny (and way too hot) St. George with some of my Dixie friends.

the view from Nat's condo


* cooling off involves swimming.

* Beazer taught Natalie and Tiff how to blow bubbles under water so she didn't have to keep yelling at them not to plug their noses.

* I loathe feet. Especially mine and the effects running has had on them. But I couldn't say no to a pedicure with these lovely ladies


* Ross won't touch my feet. But now that the lady doing to pedicure basically re-made my second toenail and made them look semi-presentable, maybe now he will? Please?


* sneaking candy into a movie is still okay to do. Too bad none of us ate any because Inception was pretty intense.

* I understand why there is an obesity epidemic in America. Mmmm. Bear Paw. How I love thee.

Ross is in a phase where:

* he sanded and painted my car by himself (awesome).
* he did the Tour de Donut again :) No pictures of him since I had the camera in the land down South. Sad day.

P.S.
Best. Idea. Ever.


25 comments:

Heidi said...

oh man, i will never go to st. george in the dead of summer again! it is sooo hot down there, but it does look like you had tons of fun! Your kiddos are so cute, that first picture of evan is so funny of him smiling! Anna is darling too twirling in her dress! Oh and mambas, they totally remind me of you, those sound so yummy right now!

C and C Young said...

oh the pedicure people hate my feet...pretty sure they draw straws and talk about me the entire time. whatev. seriously that trip has everything i need right now--looks like we'll need to plan a trip down there sometime!

Carly said...

I'm in the phase where I need to know EXACTLY where your last picture was taken. Wicked combo....yes, please!

Niki said...

Love it our kids are similar in a lot of ways! Glad you had a little fun in the sun, moms need it sometimes it makes them nicer!

*natalie said...

So fun! I'm sad it's over. And thanks for throwing the bobbing pic in there ;) I have been dreaming of Spoon Me since I got back. Definitely hitting Yogartland on cheat day!

Ty and Ber said...

My girls would wear a dress every day if I let them too. Somehow their dresses don't make it into the wash with the rest of the clothes so they can't wear them. :)

I think it is even more okay to sneak candy into the movies now than it was when we were younger. That is why we have giant purses and diaperbags. More places to hide the goodies.

brynn eyre said...

I forgot you were going on that fun little trip. I'm in desperate need of one again. Will Ross let you do it again soon?

I love that Anna won't wear anything but dresses and skirts. I was that same kid except for I would only wear ONE dress EVERYDAY! I drove my mom nuts (still do).

Spoon Me and STF right by each other. That is an amazing combination. I've been craving cupcakes lately, good thing I'll be in Draper tomorrow, might have to stop by and get me one.

CORYNN AND JER said...

That was a cute theme for a post!
Evan is sooo funny.. Clay makes a "cheese" face too for pics.. kinda annoying. LOL

Haley said...

Looked at the tour de donut link. Makes me want to laugh and throw up all at once. How funny!

The Goodrich's said...

Hmmm, maybe I should "whip" up some cute skirts for Molly...well, have my mom do them! Only she would probably still choose the hand-me-down, holy, stained skirts. :)

And I am again jealous of your girls weekend. I'm in desperate need of one-actually just a few hours would be great!

Marie said...

Ok, Anna's hair is so cute! I wish I knew how to do fancy stuff like that...and that Dani would let me. She is very particular about her hair. And if you think St. George is hot, please never come to Phoenix in the summer...we've been enjoying 115' for the last few weeks...and August is hotter. Oh, PS...Dani calls it Shooby Dooby Doo Dance. :) I love that our kids know the theme song so well.

Chelsie said...

ah a girls trip sounds quite nice right now...super jealous. your bag looks quite similar to how ours was when we went to inception...i think that movie needs a new name though..cause i think of conception every time...and the two don't go together. love the first pic of evan...oh how that boy makes me smile

10zfam said...

wow you've been having a great time it looks like. what a great husband you have to stay home with the kids while you party with your dixie friends. love evan's smile. the skirt your mom made is way cute. how much would she charge me if i wanted to buy some from her?

Jenny said...

I totally need friends with condos or cabins... Evan's little funny face in that first pic is too cute and funny. I hear ya on the skirts/twirling thing. I'm going to make (aka have someone else make) Addie some more skirts like those too. They're perfect to twirl and rather cute :) and yes, yes indeed that last idea is a great one!

Chelsie said...

ah what i think kariann meant was what a great mother you have to watch your kids while you play with your friends ;-)

Tyler and Sara said...

How fun to get away again. You two seem very busy. Feet are gross and no one should post pictures of them. Only baby feet. Anna and dancing. I wish I could see it in person.

mommy princess said...

Hey!!! I'm a Dixie friend! I would have loved to see you! Next time you come down let me know and we'll do lunch:)

Marie Rose said...

Evan is so stinking cute. I love his face. Where is this deliciable store at?! Let's meet there and chow down. Okay? done!

Barb said...

Love all the updates. Looks like a fun trip, makes me a little antsy for another USU girls trip (psssst.Sara are you reading this???) and mmm bear paw, spoon me, and the sweet tooth fairy. Why do I always leave your blog hungry? gotta go stuff my face now.

Brooke said...

The dancing is hysterical! Syd is a dress girl, and would wear one every day if she had that many! So I REALLY want to do the Bear Lake Brawl. My sis in law is signed up and I am going to, but I am worried since I am still nursing, and I have never done one before. Any pointers?

Brooke said...

Hey, its me again! I just emailed you a few minutes ago, so if you remember, call me I want to chat triathlon!

FRYER FAM said...

sounds like you had a fun weekend. you need to teach our friends how to do things like that. i don't think i've seen 1/2 of them in at least 5 years. i wish i was as motivated as you to do a dang triathalon. i have visions of one day doing it. but, i to am a terrible swimmer! i practice in my backyard & still i'm only good with the goggles that cover your hose & eyes... yeah if someone came in while i was swimming they would get a really good chuckle. way to go! you are amazing.

Brooke said...

It was fun talking to you yesterday! So question, if I can't find anyone around here to borrow a bike from could I come out there right before the race and borrow yours? We could even make a Thanksgiving Point afternoon out of it!

Tierra said...

So. Many. Comments. I'll sum it up with YOU CRACK ME UP and I can never read your blog till I have a serious amount of time cuz I always have to read every word. and my 3 year-old neice will only wear twirly clothes too. Duh, she says.

Susie said...

That is one awesome post I tell you. Love it!!