8.04.2010

Some Like It Hot

The days are long (though it is darker when I wake up in the morning, which I love) and it is hot outside. Besides eating some fro yo we have been spending our days running around and having lots o' fun.

Splash parkin' it up with some of my fave neighborhood friends.


Toads with la familia.

Evan getting strung along with no nap. Again. Gotta love being the second child.



Slip and sliding with friends. A little fiasco with the mud. I swear it is mud.

Finding new and inventive ways to cool off.


Practicing writing. She can now write her name a lot more legibly, along with Ross'. She can do mine and Evan's with little help.

Playing in the dirt.

Just got to throw this in here: In one week I got (on separate occasions) a free pair of running shoes, a free entry into the Deseret News 10k, and a free subscription to this magazine. I guess I cashed in all my luck for the next decade or so. But it was well worth it!

The 10k was the craziest friggin 10k I have ever ran. So. Many. People. Just over 2,400. For a 10k! High school and college track teams abound, as well as people who flew in from all over for the race. Really? After the race I could see why. It was great course to set a new P.R. I ran it in 44:18 and took 10th out of the 225 in my age division (exact same spot as in the Ogden Half Marathon) crazy, no?

Post race food celebration. So happy there is a Corner Bakery Cafe in Utah now :)

But my favorite part of Summer is where the kids crash. Hard.


She could catch flies in that open trap.

As much as I love Summer I am happy it is almost over cause I love Fall more. I think I will love it most when Anna starts school. Just sayin'...

How many more years till Kindergarten?

19 comments:

Jordan and Erin Farr said...

Anna is doing so well at her writing. That is great! I too love when the kiddos crash hard. We have pics of Bostyn looking the same as Anna while sleeping. I always feel so bad for her. Lots of fun things and super cute kiddos!

Triny Kay said...

anna is doing so awesome writing her name! you guys have been having a fun summer. love it! i am excited that brenna starts kindergarten this year....now i have 4 more till ian starts school......

Lori said...

what cute kiddos. i'm still SO impressed with your 10k time. can i just live vicariously through you for a moment, please?

Heidi said...

looking at those pictures of your kids asleep makes me tired! you are wearin them out! Awesome job with your 10k, you still continue to amaze me!

The Wilson Family said...

I can't believe Anna can spell and write your names... Brennen barely recognizes the letter B...sheesh am I a bad mom or what?

Jenny said...

i love the crashing kids pics...sweet. i too love summer, but i'm ready for fall. this last week's heat has done me in. looks like you've been having a lot of fun enjoying it though! go anna on writing her name, that's awesome!

oh, and do i have to run a 10k to get that breakfast??

Katie said...

You're an amazing runner. I think it's so funny that you say you "can't" run a marathon. I guess our versions of running are different...mine's more shuffling.
Good job for Anna writing her name! That's impressive. Sounds like she wants school too.

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

What fun! Great job on the race. That's awesome! I love Anna's hair creations. They are so stinking cute!

Chelsie said...

mmm corner bakery....i'm saddened i still have yet to go to the utah location. yeah anna!! that's so incredibly awesome. ove, i'm so proud of you...there were at least a couple pictures on here that look like they weren't taken with your cell phone ;-)

The Goodrich's said...

Um, 2 more years until school. yep, we are counting down as well. Although I think I'm happy Molly misses the cut-off-it means one more year at home with me. I think I'll kind of miss her when she's gone all day!

And Anna's hair is so cute all the time. Good job Momma!

Marie Rose said...

bravo to Anna. That rocks. I love that you are counting the years till kindergarten. I, however, and dreading the years to kindergarten but we'll see if that changes as Eden gets older....I'm sure it will!

Tyler and Sara said...

Good job again on running so fast! It is strange for me that everyone is running races and I am totally in break mode because of the heat. Oh and also because I am lazy. You have cute kids! (in case you were wondering) That mud made me laugh. Congrats on all the free stuff!

Susie said...

I love seeing summer fun pictures. I loved seeing your darling family. Thanks for sharing the fun your having!

candice said...

haha you make me laugh. How many years til kindergarten :) What cute hair she has in that first picture! I am like you i don't want it to be winter outside again.

brynn eyre said...

Oh isn't summer so great! Your kids really are so dang cute. I kind of love that Anna likes me so much! I think she is pretty swell too. And pretty much your 10k time was amazing! Maybe one day I will run that fact, hmmm probably not!

Deamers said...

her hair is so cute in these pics, also have you ever checked out karaspartyideas.blogspot.com? It's right up yours and chelsi's isle. p.s. It will make you think your partys are total trash though. You should check it out.

ThE fRoNkS!... said...

I haven't commented in so long, and for that I appologize! Anna is getting so big.. she can write her name! I am impressed. And Evan, he is also so big! I just have to say that you are my idol!!! You are a running, triathalon, and slow swimming fool!! JK about the swimming, much faster than I could ever do it. I would have been the last one in the water. Just this past weekend I was swimming laps thinking how bad I suck at swimming, I am glad I am not the only one! Your family is adorable.

melissa said...

aweomse job on the runs and triathalon. Does that make me famous by association? your kids just crack me up. do you do anna's hair, super cute! and those braids during the triathalon. awesome! it is weird but i am starting to love fall, like almost better than summer. so i'm excited for it too.

Brooke said...

Even though I didn't have to borrow your bike I still want to meet up at Thanksgiving point! When is the best time to go? (like is it better to wait till they have their Halloween stuff up, or too crowded then?)