Evan is at such a fun stage. His personality is really starting to grow and he is cracking us up all the time. He is obsessed (to say the least) with balls and can spot a small ball from a quarter mile away. For reals. A while ago, I locked Evan in my room while I took a shower in my bathroom (to prevent him from getting into things he shouldn't) only to hear him saying 'Yum yum yum' when I got out. He managed to find my purse, find a sucker from the bank, rip it open and have himself a good time.
He can eat an entire apple by himself. This makes him oh so happy - he will fa reak if you try and take it away.
She also started Preschool or Joyschool - whichever you prefer. I teach once every other week and it is fabulous. She absolutely loves going and learning - I think writing is her favorite...and field trips - below is when we went to Cornbelly's. The duck race was her favorite - and Evan's too. He manged to grab the other kids ducks and get pretty wet. I didn't even try and stop him - the joys of being the 2nd kid. Oh and I still have yet to buy Anna a backpack. Hence, I don't have the typical first day of school cute pic. See. Laziness at it's best again.
Speaking of lazy. When I tell Anna to clean the toy room, I have to make sure she doesn't do it like this.
And what do I do when I put Anna in time out for hitting her brother and he follows her and sits with her? He loves her. If I put her outside for timeout she usually screams (judge me) and he will bang on the door yelling 'Nnnna! Nnnna!' until she comes back in.
Anna also started swim lessons. It is like pulling teeth to get Anna dressed, ready and out the door each day. But with swimming lessons every day - she wakes up happy and ready to go - as long as we are going to swim lessons! She has done really well and gets to skip the next level. Yay! The other day the teach told me when they were doing their 'ice cream scoops" (they have creative little names for everything) she asked Anna which flavors are her favorite and she replied, 'chocolate vanilla poop'. I am going to strangle Ross for that.
Speaking of Ross, what has he been up to? Yep. Still finding things to deep fry.
Attempted (key word) to get my craft on. I made the Harvest blocks to fill the space from lack of decor in my home - I really needed to get my 4th of July stuff down when October hit. lol.

31 comments:
FINALLY!! Oh how I have missed your blog entries...Love it. Maybe you should just do one daily so I have something to make me laugh!
Those blocks look cute, I keep thinking I'm going to do that but don't. and the costumes look great by the way. And I can't believe you can run that fast, I'm so slow compared to you! well compared to most I guess.
I couldn't agree more about The Office and Glee. I'm more disappointed with Glee. It's only season 2....come on people, there should be plenty of creative juices still. You should watch Parenthood. I LOVE that show. Ilove your costumes. My poor little family, I'm such a dud!
oh i love the costumes..of course wilma was ross' childhood crush...why had i never thought of that. evan's might be my favorite...i'm sad i can't see that anna's hair is red though...you look fabulous in that pic as well..go ove
Love the Halloween costumes. Super cute. I love how Anna cleans her room. One time I found a giant pile of toys in my girls' closet that all came tumbling out when I opened the door. Little stinks.
Evan reminds me SO much of Eli. They are the same boy I think. What a cutie. And I LOVE your costumes, way to go! You guys look great!
I think it sounds like you have been busy. Wish I had accomplished all those things. Some folks in my neighborhood started up a Joy school and I debated whether or not to join in. Decided not too since Logan was also in daycare at the time cause I thought it would be too much but let me know your thoughts on it. And love the halloween costumes. Very cute idea!
First off-- nice job being a hot Wilma! Those costumes are awesome...wish I knew how to make stuff lol.
Evan with the sucker is priceless. Looks like preschool is lots of fun! I almost started up a neighborhood joyschool then lost all motivation. Sad.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Glee has really taken a dive. The Haloween episode, I only finished watching because it was a train wreck that you can't look away from. I thought the office was limp last season. I do have to say that I would take 30 Rock over Community, it is more consistant. ...and your kids are cute too:)
You make me laugh every time I read your posts, I love your little side comments all the way through! I was laughing so hard when you said you put anna for time out outside, I'll have to remember that one for future reference! And the last picture is great, who came up with that idea? I love it! (Although Ross needs to put on a few more pounds to pull of Fred)
Stop being so busy and keep posting, I love your posts and you always make me laugh!
Cute costumes!!
LOVE the costumes! And what a commitment Ross has to the deep fryer--that's dedication. Love it.
Super cute costumes! LOVE them. Also, congrats on a speedy 5k. Will you train me? Love the running shirt. See ya soon!
I love how much Evan loves his sister. I can tell already that this is how Dax will be with Dani. He lights up when she is around. And I LOVE the costumes. LOVE them.
OH the joy of your blog. Makes me laugh every time. I love the picture of Evan sleeping in his highchair...you would starve if you did that around here. Anna is freaking hilarious. I could just listen to her talk everyday. LOVE your halloween costumes. You totally missed out on the Hoopla...I dare say we stepped it up a knotch...yet again. Maybe next year!
OH the joy of your blog. Makes me laugh every time. I love the picture of Evan sleeping in his highchair...you would starve if you did that around here. Anna is freaking hilarious. I could just listen to her talk everyday. LOVE your halloween costumes. You totally missed out on the Hoopla...I dare say we stepped it up a knotch...yet again. Maybe next year!
Cute costumes. I'm glad you opted for the modest Wilma's. I'm impressed with your harvest craft. Craft night is coming up and I signed up for a bunch of crap. Every year i think it is a good idea and then I remember it is not. My house is not full of craftyness or modern hip decor. I wish. I'm just following the prophet's counsel to simplify right? :). Anyhow kudos on swim lessons. Pools in Arizona are SHUT DOWN. I think it is crazy but they all close on labor day.
Love your costumes. You guys look great! Having our kids so close I am relating to almost everything you are posting about. Oh how they keep us busy, but isn't it fun?
That time out thing is a crack up!! My girls are like that as well, it makes proper follow thru a little difficult. I am seriously impressed with the PR! You think your swimming stinks, you should run with me! I get totally pumped if I can do my whole run with 9:30 miles, if I go below 9 I am thrilled...... Working on that. So I have been into Hawaii five 0, I will give community another try
I think I watch a little too much tv. Glee seriously has been disappointing this season. I love the family costume. I promise we will get together before we leave. I was sick all last week and Nate is sick now. Hopefully we will have a healthy family soon.
How do you get 20 entries?!! If I get 3 I call it a good post. Sheesh you ooze awesomeness I guess I just can't compete!
Great costumes. I really love them! Can't wait to see you and your kiddos next weekend. Why don't you live closer?
I totally want to to one of the Flintsone families next year for Halloween!! (depending on whether we have a boy or girl) Can you make my costumes too!?!? I can't sew- maybe if I start now though... anyway- I love your costumes! And your kids are always so cute!
i have to say i love those costumes! what a great idea.
Oh no! I never saw the recipe you sent me! I ended up googling one.
Oh Megan, how I thoroughly enjoy your posts! You always manage to get a good, hearty giggle out of me:) So, in regards to your not making time to watch the best show to come to television in years (you know I'm talking about Modern Family), you NEED to get back on that band wagon ASAP! The past few episodes have left Ricky and I in tears laughing by the end. Get on that!
As for you question to me about the kills in the Ragnar? We were all about NET kills. None of this gross kill stuff where you only take account for those that you pass. That is totally cheating in my book! If we got passed at all, we deducted a kill. We like to run an honest race.... That was actually a topic of discussion for us as well. Maybe you and I should come out with the 'Official Kill Rule Book' and have it printed in the Rag Mag for reference. Just sayin.
Cute Costumes! And I, too, could never fall asleep with food in front of me.
Love all the things your family has been up to. Your right that life gets so busy that it is hard to blog, I really have a hard time getting around to it. Your costumes are adorable!!
Fried cap'n crunch? Gross. Swim lessons! Where at? Daniel would love that. CUTE costumes, did you make those? They were awesome.
LOVE the costumes! And wow, those kids are growing so fast! Fun to catch up a little though. I'll text you about Thanksgiving. I REALLY want to see you!!!
Post a Comment