2.02.2011

This Is What You Get

Yep. I'm unloading my cell phone pics again and since it has been a while, this post couldn't be more random.

Christmas. Wow. Really?! I am still gonna post about it? It was fantastic.
We baked some gingerbread cookies - since they are egg free. Anna ate one bite and had had enough. Of course. But decorating them was fun.

The night before we went, per tradition, to my aunt and uncles house for a yummy dinner. Came back and the kids opened their pj's.

Oh how I loathe character clothing. But I knew Anna would love these since:
a) It was 'princess'
b) It is a 'night gown' (which, if I call them pj's, I will promptly be corrected)
c) Ariel is on them. Every morning she tells us about the dream she had the night before, and about 75% of the time, it involves Ariel. The dreams are always hilarious.

Evan doesn't know who Batman is, but I found those jammies to be quite funny. Come to think of it, I am not sure why...moving on...

We went to Ross' family's house on Christmas day and then to my family's the day after where Evan got himself some new Winter clothes. My poor child that has to sport clothes I get a kick out of.

Gee. I wonder where I get that trait from? Ross usually asks for money from my parents and my mom likes to think up creative ways to give it to him. (please see here for an example). This year was no exception. She sewed a friggin money quilt people!

Please note that this was after I had unpicked a lot of it. Blerg.

Being the sweet and awesome wife I am, I spent SEVERAL hours unpicking the whole darn thing. Then Ross asked me to be the one to deposit it all so I would be the one interrogated if any issues arose...which thankfully, they did not.

Still on the subject of Christmas, I got myself a new green hoodie. After wearing it the first time I took it off to find I had become the hulk. My tank top, underwear and BODY were all stained green. I tried to remedy the situation with baby wipes and after all this, I was still a little green.

As of late, Evan has become independent and only wants to feed himself, his high chair is now gone and soon his crib might have to be too since he is getting too big for it..but that frightens me...a lot.

He has also become more attached to his sister (still trying to figure out why) and cries and yells 'Anna' the whole way home when I drop her off at preschool. He is such a good helper and loves to help clean up, which is great...even if when I ask him to put his clothes in the laundry, he pulls out about 5 articles of clothing to show me and tell me whose they are...or if he tries to shovel with a tennis racket.

He loves to read. I usually find him behind my closet door, behind his rocking chair, on my bed or on the table reading. Speaking of, he has really gotten into climbing lately..onto everything...and it really makes me nervous. Suggestions? Any one?


He makes us laugh every day with his quirkiness - like running in circles for, I kid you not, 20 minutes; attempting new tricks that look like yoga moves
(see below) saying words like 'snow', 'no', and 'ow' with his super nasally voice. He can now say Dora and Go Diego - which I find humorous since we don't even have those shows.


Anna is just as spunky, smart and bossy as ever. Her imagination cracks me up every day..but I get in trouble if I am caught by her telling others' the funny things she says. She also loves to talk; help out, especially if I am in the kitchen; talk; play pretend, play with anything Strawberry Shortcake related and talk. She also still wants to wear dresses and skirts every day and wants me to do her hair curly 'like Mommy's'. I think she looks pretty dang cute, but I am slightly biased.

Oh and a better look at the wall in our living room that I finally decorated. How long have we lived year? Two years? Oh ya.

What would a post from me be without a little food? I went down to St. George with my USU friends again. We had a blast shopping, watching movies, going running OUTSIDE without returning to find myself covered in frost, and hanging out. A trip down there is never complete without a trip to Bear Paw for breakfast. Sadly, but very typical of me, this is the only picture I took on the trip.

Mmmm. I want to go to there.

31 comments:

Becky said...

I love the money quilt idea! You should have made Ross unpick it though.
I am about ready to put Eli in a bed too. We just put up bunk beds and he wants to sleep in it, but I just don't think I'm ready. Good luck with Evan!
Anna looks SO beauitful in that pictures, and I love your cute wall! Miss you!!

Jodi said...

By the way I love your random posts :). I too am not a fan of character clothing but jammies are perfect. I love the creative ways your mom gives Ross money, I can't believe she sewed a quilt. Hope you had a good time unpicking it! Don't feel too bad that it took two years to get pictures on your wall...I just got mine up this summer wich was about two years.

10zfam said...

haha, i've lived in my house for almost 4 years and i still have decorating to do. love the wall. i can't believe how big evan is. i swear we just had our babies.-crazy, crazy

Jordan & Kara said...

I love that quilt!! That is such a good idea!! And I think I love St. George even more. I miss those days at good old Rain Tree:)

Jenny said...

I too loathe character stuff, but I've accepted jammies and even a backpack. Have you tried to find a preschool age backpack without them?? Impossible

The money quilt is awesome. You're way too nice to unpick it for him. Love Evan shoveling with a tennis racket. Anna looks so pretty with her hair all curled like that.

I'm super jealous of your girls trip to st george (except the running lol) I have so many pictures of food on my phone its ridiculous.

brynn eyre said...

Mmmm Bear Paw. Guess where I get to go this weekend? St. George! Guess where I am making Nate take me for breakfast? Oh you got it Bear Paw. Jealous I know. If they have muffins I'll get you one and drop it off on the way home! I'm glad you finally updated! The pictures of Anna with her hair all curled it so cute! Oh yes I am excited for a girl!

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like an awesome christmas. :)

Marie said...

When did your kids get so old? I can't believe it. Dani is totally into picking out her outfits too---we spend like 20 minutes every morning trying to decide what to wear. And she only lets me do her hair ONE way. What is with these girls? They're friggin pre-teen!

Deanna said...

Three things.
1) your kids are adorable.
2) that quilt is AMAZING!!!
3) WHERE did you find that picture of the temple???? It looks like the Logan temple...I need to get us one!!!

Ty and Ber said...

I love Evan's PJ's they made me laugh. When you figure out how to make him stop climbing on everything let know what you did. Josh is climbing up and down on the girls' bunkbeds, on the table and countertops.
I think if Ross wanted his money he should have unpicked the quilt himself otherwise he'd just have to snuggle with it. I think that your mom is hilarious for thinking that one up.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has girls who want to wear a dress every day. I was birthday shopping for them online the other day(yes, I know I have 3 more months but easier to do it now than when I am 8-9 mo preggers) and all I ended up buying them were dresses and skirts. At least I know they will get worn right?

The Goodrich's said...

Yeah, I a post! About time :)

Your pictures are great, since our kids are about the same age I can relate to just about everything. (Like the climbing thing...I found Stockton straddling his crib a couple of days ago-one leg in, one leg out!)

I also loathe character clothing and swore I would never dress my kids in them, but I have broken down as well...anything to make them happy, right?

Danielle said...

oh you make me laugh! I think your secret love for the batman pjs go back to me wearing batman underoos at Bear Lake.....but thats just my opinion....

Katie said...

If you never really plan on decorating your house, does it count that you're done decorating it with out anything? I would like to think yes.

Anna is a doll. Pretty sure her and Josh should date. Not right now, of course.

Katie said...

Oh, and more on the weird names thing we have going. I think I told you we were thinking of giving Carter the name of Evan instead, but my favorite name at the time was Evan James...we now have a Landon James.

Marie Rose said...

you are so funny. I think Eden and Evan can get along great. Eden has been trying to climb on everything lately too except she only has the part down where she lifts one leg up and then gets stuck....absolutely hilarious! I heart your kids...and you for that matter. Lets hang out. Every other monday is my day off. Let's plan. I wanted to take Eden to the Discovery center? Whatcha think?

mommy princess said...

Ok...I don't know about the rest of your blog fans, but I'd like to know where you bought the skin, tank & underwear dying hoodie from. Was the shower water green too? lol

mommy princess said...

P.S. thanks for your comment on my biscuit post. It makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one who visits crazy town once a month ;)

mommy princess said...

P.S. thanks for your comment on my biscuit post. It makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one who visits crazy town once a month ;)

Tyler and Sara said...

yummy food. Your kids are adorable. Everytime I read about Evan, grant is doing the same things. Seriously. The running in circle, he is super attached to everyone, also he is climbing on EVERYTHING. Good luck with the knee. Also tell jane I'm putting in my request for a money quilt :)

Heidi said...

Love that you are blogging about christmas in february! YOur mom cracks me up with the money quilt, I bet that was fun for her and you unpicking it :)
I love your wall it is so cute, what a cute idea and your kiddos are the cutest! Oh and that breakfast sure does look tasty, expecially since I'm on the I'm not pregnant any more diet!

Deamers said...

I'm with you on character clothing. The only thing I will allow is dolls, or jammies,although I don't buy them , but if someone else does they can have them but that's it. Also I was talking with your mom on ideas for the money thing, that is a good idea. The wall looks really good by the way.

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan! You have such a cute family and darling kids! (This is Amanda Jolley) Just randomly came across your blog... so fun to see what you've been up to:)

Kourtney and Nathan said...

Looks like a fun Christmas! Your mom is so creative! And you are a really great wife for unpicking it!! I love the kids pj's, I love Ariel too! and Evan looks so cute in the Batman ones! You have such cute kids and they are getting so big!!

Liz said...

You are lucky Evan loves books! Bennett won't sit still long enough. And I love that I am not the only one dealing with the skirt or dress everyday...awww! We need to get these girls together!

Susie said...

I just love all the fun creative things your family does, it sure will make fun memories and traditions for you all!! Love all the fun pictures, your kids are growing up so fast and of course cute as ever!

Anjanette said...

I want to see Megan the Hulk! That would have been awesome. I wish I could make Katelyn's hair curly. She asks me all the time, but if I try it goes straighter. Evan looks hilarious in those batman pj's.

Brandon & Tiff said...

Oh Meg! I've missed reading your blog. I haven't checked anyone's out in months and I just spent the last 20mins catching up on yours. I've been laughing so loud Brandon came to check on me. You are a fantastic momma and wife. I am so sad I couldn't come down with the USU clan. Agh. Hopefully it won't be to long until the next outing!

ryan and jessica said...

this whole thing made me laugh. oh jane, that is a wonderful quilt. i love it all. and anna mostly. she is a hoot.

ryan and jessica said...

this whole thing made me laugh. oh jane, that is a wonderful quilt. i love it all. and anna mostly. she is a hoot.

ryan and jessica said...

this whole thing made me laugh. oh jane, that is a wonderful quilt. i love it all. and anna mostly. she is a hoot.

The Wilson Family said...

I just spent the last little while catching up on everyones blogs!! Man I was behind, you as usual do not disappoint in the comedy category! I would love to go on a trip with you I would even run, might slow you down but I'd be there for ya babe! Runnin Ragnar in June, will you whip me into shape? And why oh why don't we have a WHS alumni trip going? Very upset about that!