This post is going to be random & in no particular order cause if I have to have this post make sense, it will probably just be put off for another month instead.
Summer has pretty much come to an end with the cool mornings and back to school. I love Fall, everything about it...except for the fact that Winter is the next season. If it could just stay like this forever, I would be so happy. Speaking of things I wish could stay like this forever..my kids! They are getting big and I just don't know how much I like it. I do like how much they love each other...well about 35% of the time anyway...

Anna was super concerned about this fish when we put them in the bucket....and it was windy. To say Anna is frightened by the wind...or a breeze...is an understatement. But she had fun playing with her cousins, as usual. Though she was a little dissapointed we didn't eat the fish later that night...like she would have eaten them anyway. Pffft.
Evan had fun with the stickers. So proud of himself.
Evan kept saying, 'Hold on tight mommy! Hold on tight!' on the carousel. I'm surprised he let me let go of him to get this picture.
We went to a raspberry farm & picked raspberries one night. Evan took it upon himself to eat the entire time we were there. For reals. We probably should have weighed him before and after too. Don't worry, we did tack on an extra pound to what we picked, for good measure.
He put this hat on, ran up to me and exclaimed, 'Mommy! Effan (how he says his name) chef Pig!' (from Word World)
A post wouldn't be a post without some sort of food. Authentic (as you can get here) tacos al pastor from a dive in Salt Lake. So good!
While staying at my parents Evan decided to see what he could fit into their toilet. For the record, a ball, a roll of toilet paper & the entire Melissa & Doug ice cream set can fit.

However, after we got it all out (or so I thought) I proceeded to flush the toilet. When it didn't flush, we got worried. That, my friends, is the wooden ice cream cone from the set lodged into the toilet hole. There was absolutely no way it was coming out. We tried several things, and after a while called a plumber who said my mom would need a new toilet. Luckily I called my husband, whose mind things differently than the rest of ours, and he suggested getting a really long screw, drilling it into the cone and pulling it out. It worked like a charm and saved me a couple hundred dollars to boot.
A very squished ride to Bear Lake. We need a bigger car.
Mommy-daughter date. She always requests frozen yogurt. It's how I know we are related.
Ran another 5k. Better time. Less loogies. Can I just say how weird this Summer has felt since it has not been full of races? I didn't do a single triathlon or run a big race. I don't like it. Stupid leg.



16 comments:
hooray for a post. I love your kids. OH the toilet...I'm still laughing. I miss you guys. We need to play.
Since you're not on facebook, you wouldn't know this- but Eli did the exact same thing to our toilet one day. I found a whole roll of toilet paper in there and some random toys. AND it was clogged. BOYS!!
i always love your posts, your kids are the cutest. How funny about the toilet good thing your husband is so smart!
Glad to see an update on your family!! I'm with you the kids sure do grow up way to fast. To bad we can't freeze them so they stay small forever!! They are so cute,and we enjoyed seeing you guys this summer too!!
I would LOVE to do a 5k race in the neighborhood of 22 min! That is awesome! Good trip to the zoo thats for sure!
oh how much Anna and Baylee are a like! Wind is not her friend either. Love you updates!
I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting! Jax is the same way with wind. He freaks out and thinks someone is going to blow away. I think that is the same place we went fishing a while back. Hope we get to see you guys some time soon!
Ok so you are hysterical! Not crazy, just hysterical. I already beat you to the punch and looked up the tri scores of everyone I know that's EVER done a tri, THATS crazy. I like to know what I'm up against :). But totally agreed, if we relayed we would KILL it! My fastest run time was in the Willard tri and it was still only in the 27 min neighborhood, still slow, if I could run like you on the other hand I would have got 1st, not 3rd, but you may have to work on those transitions... 6 min! Were you taking a shower? Stopping for a burger?!
I'm laughing pretty hard about the toilet! Nice job Evan. So glad you finally posted, I always get a kick out of them! Can't wait for our girls night out next week. I'm in desperate need!
Guess the transition to a bed is one way that our boys our different. Stockton's transition was horrible. Glad Evan's was a little better!
And how in the world did Anna become afraid of the wind? Of all the things to be afraid of...
Bwahahaha! Sorry about the toys in the toilet...but your husband is brilliant! We've been through three toilets in 5 years. It stinks. Literally.
I love that Anna is so scared of wind! My nephew is the same way, he gets very concerned when it starts raining and gets windy, especially at Bear Lake. Funny kids! And now i know to watch my toilet when Boston gets a little bigger :) so cute!!
22 minutes? you are a machine!!!
That closet doesn't look too messy, its a closet that's what it's for! That cracks me up about the toilet. Is it that she can't breath in the wind? Because the wind blows and Rylee forgets how to breathe or something, she starts gasping for air, seriously is that the same thing?
My Evan loves WordWorld, too! Who m I kidding, I actually really look forward to it. I think it's clever. :)
Love chef pig lol. He's so funny. I'm glad we got to play a couple of times this summer before dreaded winter arrives. I think we will have to plan some play dates during winter so our children survive it ;)
Post a Comment