Seems like the last couple of months I have had a lot of 'girls nights/weekends/etc' and it has been a lot of fun. Every year I get together with my Utah State pals for a weekend of fun and relaxing. Who knew that this year would trump all years (in memory making).
I may have thought I was going to die. The ground was covered in snow for the most part. And when you are gripping a chain to pull yourself up a mountain and you can't get your footing because the ground is covered in ice, you might think to yourself, turn around. But we didn't.
Seriously. I almost peed my pants. I may have also screamed like a little girl.
And if you think going up is scary, going down was worse. We basically held onto the chain and let our feet slide down the mountain.
Little did we know that that wouldn't be the highlight of the trip. That weekend my friend Barb and I shared a room together. A room with a double wide bunk bed (with rails around them so you don't fall out) and a 20 foot ceilings. Where am I going with this you ask? I woke up to my friend Barb standing up and SLEEP WALKING OFF THE TOP BUNK BED. It was so scary. Luckily Tiff was with us and is a nurse. Barb's arm came out of the socket and was sitting on top of her chest. An ambulance was called and we spent a couple if hours in the ER. Poor Barb. She was such a trooper through it all too.
Can you see Barb in her sling? She actually ended up needing surgery after she got home. I hope that we never make memories like that again ;)
I can't get this picture to flip for the life of me. I also got to meet up Hungry Runner Girl while down there to get some fro yo. And now I pretend we are besties. It's normal. No big deal.
The ride home. I guess the weekend wore us out instead of rejuvenating us??
Jenny and I met up and went shopping at City Creek the day it opened. It was pretty busy, but it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated because the layout is nice and open. I can't remember the last time I went shopping with a friend and w/out kids. It was amazing trying on clothes and getting an actual opinion. I bought some bright blue skinny jeans...much to my husband's dismay.
We also hit up Harmons across the street where Jenny met up with her boyfriend the Coke machine.
Is it weird to say a grocery store is beautiful? Cause it was.
My older sister her hubby celebrated 10 years of marriage in Tahiti (jealous) and I watched her 3 girls for a couple of days while they were gone. My kids were in heaven. It really wasn't bad - her girls are awesome, so that helps. But doing 4 girls hair before 9AM church? Ya. I would be fine to never do that again.
Luckily the weather cooperated half the time so we could spend some time out door.
Miss Annabelle in her new Easter skirt and the goods from the bunny. Evan wanted nothing to do with getting his picture taken. There was candy to be eaten.
A few weekends ago my sisters, mom and all the girls went up to Logan for a girls weekend. We stayed in a hotel and went to my niece's dance competition the next day. Anna was not happy about almost everything on this trip. Here at noodles and co she was not happy that the noodles tasted different from the blue box kind.
Here she was not happy about the depth of the pool.
And so on and so forth. I am hoping that she is getting all her drama out now, so she will be an awesome teenager. Please don't burst my bubble. Join my delusional state instead.
Chelsie and Bradee had a head stand contest. Chelsie won. Impressive.
Also, dance has changed so much since I was younger. Why are they dressing the 7 year old girls all scandalous and making them dance like they are clubbing. I am glad the company my niece dances at does not do that. Bleh.
My birthday was last week. I got one good year left before I am officially old. Actually, I could care less of my age. Bring on the 30's. I got me some new running shoes. There pretty.
And I wanted a falafel pita from Pita Pit for dinner. That's right. I am pretty much ghetto, but it was delicious, so I was happy. It was followed by a free Red Mango.
A run followed by a pita and fro yo = a great birthday in my book.
Then last weekend I threw a baby shower for Ross' little sister Chelsea (super weird that she is prego. I swear she is still 15 in my mind). I found a super cute invite that was orange and grey with an elephant and that ended up being the theme. No one in the fam lives down by us, so my mom was awesome enough to let me throw it there.
Pretty much all the food came from Our Best Bites and it was awesome, as usual.
My awesome sister Chelsie helped by making all the printables... again.
I should have done a close up of it all. Or taken pictures with an actual camera. I am not even sure if I know where my camera is anymore...
What would a post be without some food? I had OIAJ (overnight oatmeal in a jar) for the first time. Oh my goodness. Life changing. Where has it been all my life??
And I know this post is about girls, but how could I not include Evan? We went ice skating one night for family night and I am positive Evan in ice skates is the cutest thing ever.



















14 comments:
evan in ice skates is the cutest thing ever...and that pic of anna on easter is pretty cute as well. i love that evan wanted nothing to do with it..he would fit in my family perfectly...the shower turned out super cute...props. and that pita looks divine. i haven't been there forever...glad everyone survived the st george trip...i think i will come next year finally. and hey, i may be super unflexible in my old age...but headstands i will try to rock into my old age..like grandma did with the splits and her legs around her neck.
don't tell jed about my boyfriend. he may get jealous. that really was so fun. i think that needs to happen again. SOON. yay for lots of fun girl time! bless barb's shoulder....poor thing.
way to rock the headstand, chelsie. mucho impressive.
I just like you lots!!! That's pretty much it...well and your kids are adorable too.
now if only all of us weren't so lame and we could have a girls night! October right!!! What are you talking about not being fun parents, you just did a whole post of awesome stuff...ok mostly it was awesome stuff about you:) Happy birthday by the way!!!! Loved seeing you too the other day and hope we really do get to hang out soon!
Oh st George! What a trip. I always look forward to your posts, maybe you should do it more often;)! Anna's skirt on Easter is soo stinking cute, I like that girl. I was laughing at her pretty hard at coopers soccer game, you have your hands full with that girl! Good thing she is so cute! And Evan in ice skates is dang cute.
Ps I had a treat to bring over to you last weekend for your birthday but never quite made it, im lame. Let's just say Lucas may have eaten all of it!
Jealous of all your girl time. Let it be known that I was too afraid to hike the last part of Angel's Landing WITHOUT all the snow and ice. You are my hero.
I love that your girl friends get together, mine are all scattered through out the US. I am glad you weren't in the ER! Happy belated birthday, I forgot yours was close to mine. Being 30 is not so bad, right?
Evan in his ice skates is SO dang cute!! I love that you and your girls get together, I'm sure that is such a fun time! Anna is such a crack up! I hope we can all get together again soon!
I'm not looking forward to Juliette having longer hair so I have three girls hair to do everyday. It takes a lot of time every morning to do the two. I honestly do not think I could climb angels landing. I am way too scared of heights and falling from them.
i will definitely stick around to see in miss anna in the teenage years, i think i will be VERY entertained! :) you crack me up! you guys have too much fun...
p.s. chels...way to ROCK the headstand.
i will definitely stick around to see in miss anna in the teenage years, i think i will be VERY entertained! :) you crack me up! you guys have too much fun...
p.s. chels...way to ROCK the headstand.
Megan, HI! I just wanted to stop by your blog and say thanks for stopping by mine! Your running shoes are adorable and so are your kids!! ncie meeeting. Hope to see you around!!!
Megan, sorry for my crappy lack of response. I always love your comments, and I can't believe how big your babes are getting! Chyna didn't try out for SYTYCD this year. She had some back injuries around the time of tryouts and I think might have been more into the falling in love/getting married mode this year. I think she might try again next year :)
hey girl!!!long time!
the skirt is from target!:)
Post a Comment