2.11.2008

Bring on Summertime!

This weekend we headed out with some friends to get away from the snow and bask in the warmth that is St. George. My dear friend Barb has a brother with a vacation home down there and offered up his humble abode.


We didn't really do a lot and it was perfect that way. We basically hung out and spent a lot of time on their patio in the sun. 60 degrees never felt so good! We went out to dinner (where I ran into an old roommate from Dixie -crazy!) and watched "Oceans 13" - totally reccommend it!

Annabelle and Austin had fun throwing rocks into the little waterfall/pond and although they never really played together, they were thoroughly amused by each others presence.





Annabelle kept trying to eat the rocks.





Me and my brother-in-law will be doing a triathlon in St. George in April and I wanted to go check out the course to see what I was getting myself into. So Barb and I went running on the course on Saturday morning - I was in heaven. I have missed running outside so much! Afterwards we met up with our friend Brynn and we all went to breakfast at Bear Paw. Mmmmm!





We roasted marshmellows, made s'mores and the guys roasted corn dogs (?!) over the fire pit.


Annabelle had marshmellows for the first time - she seemed to like them,



Austin and Annabelle had fun crawling in and out of the empty cupboards and playing peek-a-boo.


When we were getting ready to leave Austin and Anna just stood by the window and talked to each other. I think they were talking about how they were sad to go home because playing outside isn't much of an option there.


Before we left, I made Ross stop by the Dixie rock so we could take some pictures. Thanks again Barb and John for inviting us and to your brother for letting us stay at his house. We had an awesome time and I miss St. George already!

8 comments:

Kara said...

That looks so warm!! I am jealous. Did you go visit good ol Rain Tree:) Good luck on the Triathalon!!!!

Barb said...

Fun time indeed. I am glad you stopped at the Dixie Rock, I am missing the sunshine already. Let go back soon!

10zfam said...

oh i'm so jealous. i'm going with my sisters in march without husbands and kids, that seems so far away right now though. you look great

Chelsie said...

Ah I am so jealous, it looks so warm. Although it is feeling rather toasty out today...but Bear Paw...mmm...it's worth the trip just to go eat there! Austin and Anna look so cute together, I love that they're chatting it up in their own language. You look so tiny in that picture at Dixie Rock!

Brandon & Tiff said...

How much fun! I love that you roasted marshmallows on the porch. It is so cute that Austin and Anna are friends. That is a great picture of them in the cupboard. Which triathlon are you doing? Good luck with it!

kim said...

Ok you look stinkin cute in the pic with annabelle up by the dixie rock. ya the running part ain't to bad. just wait for the bike. the hills are killers after the swim. and it's pretty much up hill the whole time. i miss running outside too. you have half a chance down where you live... up here is another story. and i totally agree about bear paw. MMMMM!!! i love that place. i hope all is well.

Megan said...

Unfortunately Kara, we did not visit Raintree. I think everyone was sick of me talking about my St. George days and how much I miss the place. Let us take a minute however to remember Raintree and my crazy, pink haired roommate Lindsey.
Tiff- we are doing the St. George Sprint Triathlon. It is not a big one and it's only a sprint distance, but we figured it would be a good one to start the season off with. Man its a lot harder training in the winter!
Kim- Barb and I drove the bike coarse and there might be a good chance I will be walking my bike up those hills. I was telling my bro-in-law how the run wasn't bad, but then I hadn't swam and biked beforehand. :) Wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

Roasted corndogs!?! What a great idea Ross, sounds delicious.