4.07.2008

Laugh It Off


So last week I was watching some 'Family Feud' while Anna was napping - I love game shows - and the 'face off' question was: " Name a dessert that is naturally LOW in calories." The lady buzzed in and said "CHEESECAKE." And she was serious too. She didn't blurt it out, ponder a bit and then regret it. John O'Hurley (the host - who by the way I think would do a good job on the Price is Right. I have stopped watching since Drew Carey took over) just looked at her like, REALLY?! Needless to say it wasn't on the board and I now know why America has an obesity epidemic.


On another funny/embarrassing topic... My dear, sweet husband bought me a helmet a few weeks ago for the up coming triathlon. He bought me a 'women's specific' helmet that even matched my tri clothes - go Ross! Unfortunately women's helmets usually come in a 'universal size', which obviously does not take into account the anatomy of the Overman head. It was too small! It was so embarrassing to take it back to the bike shop and explain why I had to exchange it.


I ended up having to buy a Men's helmet and even though it fits, it looks HUGE. Ross told me I look like a little kid. THANKS!


Ross also tends to send me funny emails throughout the day - and I found this one and this one to be particularly funny if anyone is needing a good laugh.

12 comments:

The Davies Family said...

why don't you cry yuself to sleep on your 'uge' pilla! That is pretty funny, you have to admit..
oh try living in a huge city..then you'll see why america has an obesity epidemic..i've seen ladies feeding their babies (babies!!), dorritos and pop!!! its all about ignorance and poverty..pretty sad.
on a lighter note..
I only cheer for two teams:
The Red Sox
and whoever is beating the Yankees
GO BOSOX!!! down with Yanks!!
if you guys come out we'll go to a game.

The Davies Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C and C Young said...

I feel as though my head is also an "orange on a toothpick." John O'Hurley totally should have been the new host of Price is Right. Drew Carey is SO awkward and I feel embarrassed just watching him. Did you hear that Al Roker is going to be hosting a new Family Feud with celebrities and their families? I may tune in to see how it goes, but I won't be happy about it. Al Roker bugs me big time.

Chelsie said...

Blast the overman head. I still remember in high school when Lindsey and Shawnee bought me the largest womens cowgirl hat they had..and it left a nice crease across my forehead....Cheesecake isn't low calorie...crap...what was I thinkin? Serious...was that lady gorgantious?

Sarah said...

dude that picture really looks like you. Even funnier is the back ground looks like the dorms at Utah State

Carly said...

Ha ha ha! I feel for you about the big head thing. My family used to make fun of my big head when I was little. I would retort..."My head's not big! It's just human sized!" Not sure how that made sense, but that's what I always said! If it makes you feel better, Kenny's bike helmet's are tight on me. Thanks for the laugh. And dang it....I was totally shocked to hear cheesecake wasn't low cal. Oh well....

Barb said...

That cheesecake thing is funny. Same with your head. lol I didnt know you had a large noggin. It sure doesnt look that big. I will be looking forward to seeing some pics on your blog from your bike portion of the triathlon coming up.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

I never would have thought you had a big head, seriously. My husband's family is known for having large heads as well. They all call it the Ellis head. When we had Logan they measured his head to be in the bottom 5th percentile and they were all glad he didn't get cursed with the Ellis head. What a nut about the cheesecake. Thanks for making me laugh.

candice said...

Too funny. Taylee has the same big headed problem. She is in a 4T hat right now. AhHHH! Way to go though.. a triathlon? I just try to get out of bed in the morning.... maybe it's all of that low-fat cheesecake I have been eating. :)

{Layla} said...

I can't say I relate--I have the smallest head ever, I swear. Even women's small doesn't fit. I have to shop in the children's section for hats. with such a small head it makes sunglasses hard to find too! boo. So can you still not view my blog? I get left comments so I know some people can but I had another girl tell me today that she can't view it either. Weird. It makes me sad but I don't know how to fix it. SO we need to get together soon, I leave for NYC on the 24th. Let's meet in slc and go to spoon me and maybe dinner or play games at my house or something. We can discuss it on facebook if you can't get on my blog--but be thinking of days you can and we"ll coordinate with Chelsea and the men too! =)

Carlee Hoopes said...

Cheesecake? LOL. That's awesome. In fact, that's something I would say. I mean, cheese is part of the food pyramid, so it has to be healthy, right?

Okay, so I'd rather have a big head than a pinhead like I have. If I ever put a hat on, there's like all sorts of room at the top and on the sides. I look like a moron. The kind with the snaps or velcro on the back are the worst, too, because then I have like a big old strap hanging off the side of my head. It's lame.

So, were you a cheerleader in high school? I'm trying to figure out why I didn't really know you very well. If you were at all popular, that would probably explain why I didn't know you, as I was clearly not. LOL. Anyway, your blog cracks me up. Keep up the good work. :)

Carlee Hoopes said...

Ok, Ok, It's all coming back to me now! I knew I sort of knew you but not super well and it was from Art History. That's funny. You have a good memory. I can barely remember who was in that class with us! Also, I sort of remember seeing you dance in assemblies, but after your "Annabelle has the gag reflex of a Warriorette" comment, I assumed you must have been a cheerleader. LOL. No worries, everything's sorted out in my brain now. Thanks for your help! :)