I had roommates who acted like mom's, didn't shower, were completely ditsy, but Lindsey was the craziest roommate of them all - pink hair and loud mouthed - if you can make me feel uncomfortable - that says something. The manager at Raintree said they have never had so many problems with one tenant. We went through 4 roommates because no one would get along with her besides me and Shasta - we just thought she was entertaining.
Some of my other roommates my first year - the boy wasn't ;) I felt so grown up to have my 'own place' and boys would come over - granted we had strict BYU housing rules - but it was so cool nonetheless.








My 19th birthday party that my roomies threw...

involved a pinata!
That broke the tree - so we ducked taped it back together - No worries
cause we still got candy!

I blew all my money on going to concerts. This is Incubus - my fave band at the time - and this pic was taken with a 'one time use' camera, which explains the horrible picture - but we were so close!

Dinner before the concert- I went with some boys that were a year younger than me so I brought Chelsie along to possibly introduce them (wink, wink) but she embarrassed herself - she can tell the story :) And yes my hair is in dreads - that was my 'standard' concert do.

I bought my first car. I still have it and it desperately needs a paint job - but we can't give up the 40 mpg.

I moved into a house with 7 girls (what was I thinking?) my second year. I could tell some interesting stories about some of these girls, but your sake, I won't. We had a blast carving pumpkins

Going trick-or-treating again. Sad to say that 2002 was my last year. We dressed up like gangster girls. We were just trying to put something together with what we already had, but really?! Because of this, I will never be upset with teenagers that knock on my door at Halloween. They get candy - as long as they dress up!

traveling 'up north' as everyone called it to go to a BYU football game. Our sweet Japanese roommate had never seen a game (why we didn't just take her to a DSC game is beyond me)

and playing with the freezer our roommate won in a drawing at Harmons. We had nowhere to put it besides our gargantuous kitchen. So we would pretend we were bobsledding in it or frogs on a log and in this picture I am a vampire coming out of the coffin and my roommate is killing me with the 'wooden stake.' Did I mention there wasn't a lot to do at night?

And although I had a great time during those 2 years I was so ready to leave when I graduated. I am grateful for their small class sizes and that I was able to get a transfer scholarship to USU because of Dixie, but I was so grateful to attend an institution where people were a little more concerned with their education.

Here's to you Dixie for some interesting times, roommates and my acquired inability to tolerate cold weather.
That was a long post - is anyone even still reading?! Sorry!

18 comments:
Good old St. George and Dixie College. My best memory speaking of finding things to do at night was liberating the cows at the rodeo (I think that is what it was? For some reason they had a bunch of animals down town) down town with my vegan neighbor.
Shasta McNasty--my fave. You totally left out the potato/spandex story--on purpose maybe??? St. George was totally ruled by old people. I miss all of your crazy stories and roommates.
I love your nickname for your crush. I thought we were the only ones who did that. One of mine was "brace face, tight pants." Oh the good old days.
Yea for dixie! i miss that place, there were good times to be had! i have also gained an inability to deal with cold weather. how is that two years can undo 18 of colder climate?
Yes I must admit that was the longest post ever and I dont think I have ever seen any of those pictures! You forgot to mention your lack of communication with your family while you were at Dixie that would explain why I have never seen those pictures and also the story about when you got arrested! Oh good old Dixie!
Yes I left out the spandex/potato/arrested story. I didn't mention it becasue I didn't want to scar anyone by showing the pictures ;) and it's a long one.
For those of you who don't know - and care - a very 'intersting' friend of mine, shall we say, decided to don my drill team spandex pants and dance around KMart's parking lot. He was telling people that he wanted to try out for Rebelettes and was trying to 'test people's comfort level' for a project in his communication class. Well he did just that and someone called the police - he was arrested and I received a ticket for being an accomplice. I gathered money from everyone and we bailed him out of jail that evening. I went to court later that year and the ticket was removed - so all is well.
Did I mention I had been away from hom for less than a month, it was on the 'original' September 11th....and oh yeah, he had a potato shoved down his pants. The judge told me I needed to make better friends :)
you crack me up megan. is that amy in the last two pics? i can't believe you don't have pictures of us in our musketeer outfits (whatever they were). good times in st george.
Haha...Jake...he was an interesting soul none the less....I look so young in that picture...I remember driving the good ole beasty bus to meet you guys...and I remember I hit my head on the lamp when I stood up or something...was that my embarrassing story? I'm not the brightest...so they don' really stand out anymore. Look how tan you are in the last pic....I owe a lot to your dixie days....it's when you started to be nice to me....so thanks...you rebel you!
I am so glad you update your blogs often because they are entertaining to read and it also helps pass the time at work. Looks like you had some great friends and some fun times in Dixie.
I made the cut!! Yes our Vegas trip was so fun!! Granted we were going to explode from the restaraunt we went too, oh and people thought we were drunk!! Good times!!! Loved the visits.
I hear you on the inability to tolerate cold. I spent at least 19 years in very cold weather and you put me in St. George for 4 years and now I'm a whimp, still. You crack me up though. Dixie really isn't a party school. We did take some trips to Vegas, but really how much partying can good mormon girls do down there either. Happy be-late Birthday, too!
I'll never forget when I met jake. I said a little prayer for megan in my heart and it turned out to just be a phase :). I was trying to think about my first college crush. It would probably have to be Papa Johns we ordered pizza all the time!
That is totally fine that you looked at mine through KariAnn's. I would have to think back to 5 years ago when I graduated from CEU and I think I feel the same way. The most entertaining time in my life! It was good times anyways I added you to my friends so now you aren't being a stalker!
Ahhh-the college days. Were they not the best? I defniately want my girls to go away to school. Once in a lifetime experiences.
MEGS!!!! Can I just tell you how happy I am that you found me! I have been scrolling through your blog and laughing my butt off. I forgot how funny you are. I have many things I want to tell you and ask you...first and foremost you are my IDOL for doing a triathalon. That's one of my future goals. who knows if it'll ever get accomplished but whatev. Also I had no idea you had a baby. she's beautiful. And you and your hubby make a great couple. Lets keep in touch. Tell Chels Hi for me and that homemade bread looks delicious. Love Ya, Manda
sounds like an entertaining first 2 years of college. hee hee. see, THAT's the kind of stuff I missed by going straight to a 4-year school. mental note, taken. :)
and, ps, thanks for your tips. i'll talk to the dietician about them on wednesday.
Hey girl...loved the college memories. It brought home some high school ones. Driving aroung in the BEAST. That's what we called your truck right? Roswell marathons and a mean mix of spandex and capes. I'll leave that one alone. Ha ha. good times
I'll be honest- I can't believe I read the whole thing!!! But I am glad i did! HILARIOUS! the whole thing just hilarious!
Post a Comment