John and I had to get up around 4AM (that was the not the fun part) so we could get to Ogden, park, and be on the shuttle by 5AM. I ran the first leg of the race that started by Causey and it was freezing! They had small bonfires that did little to warm my body. By the time 7AM rolled around I was so ready to start the race.
My leg was 7 miles and ran into the Huntsville, where I tagged my bro-in-law John. The run started off slow because the roads were literally packed and I could not get passed some people who should have started in the 8, 9, or 10 minute pace section. So my first mile was probably my worst, but once I found some open space and a girl who was about the same pace as me, we talked and the run went by pretty fast. It took by 55 minutes and 40 seconds - not my best, but not too bad.
John then ran 6 miles to Eden park and tagged my cousin Eric, who then ran 6.1 miles around Pineview, into Ogden Canyon and tagged my Dad at The Oaks restaurant. My dad ran 5 miles through the rest of the canyon and tagged Brandon at Ogden's Dinosaur Park. John and I met up with Brandon earlier and waited for my dad and ran the last 3.1 miles with Brandon to the finish line.
Eric actually ended up running the rest of the race and met up with us right before we crossed the finish line. This is us running the last few blocks to finish the race.
Shortly after we finished my dad came across the finish line. After he tagged Brandon he realized he didn't have a way to get to the finish line so he just ran the rest of the way too. 
A picture of 'The Fantastic 5' We ended up finishing in 3 hours and 52 minutes and finished 42nd out of 148 teams, although we weren't trying to get a certain time. Between all of us we ended up running 43 miles! It was such a beautiful day and the course was amazing. I didn't feel too shabby after running 10 miles either, so I think I might have to sign myself up for the half marathon next time.
My favorite cheerleader. She was so pooped by the end of the day she fell asleep after being in the car 4 minutes.
Did I mention I turned my heart rate monitor on when we started the race and stopped it at noon and it said I had burned 2,252 calories so far that day? Knowing this information proved to be disastrous for my will power the rest of the day.


24 comments:
Ha that's how coop was too...he fell asleep before we got out of the parking lot. I'm impressed that after 10 miles you weren't tired or anything....maybe yesterday motivated me to exercise...I was tellin Brandon the irony of the first 5k our family did...and I would have to stop and wait for you...and I think I ended up just leaving you...not it is oh so the opposite. You guys did great! I like that you can just run 7 miles and be talking...
You guys did awesome! Way to go, I am amazed that you can just carry on a conversation with someone while you are running, I could never do that! John said the same thing about just doing the half marathon next year, if you are not prego or just delivered!
Way to go, I don't think I would ever want to do that but that's awesome that you can! You couldn't have asked for a better day!
awesome. i am so jelous you are such a good runner. i hate to run except for if i am chasing a ball.
Wow, congratulations! That's awesome. I am amazed at all you runners...I have yet to exercise since I had Maggie 7.5 months ago. I'm glad you had a good time!
Megan you are my hero. You are my motivation to get into these kinds of things after I have this second babe. If only I lived closer, we could be running buds. You would kick my butt, and I couldnt promise that I could talk to you the while running, but we could still have fun. I want to see you sign up for a half marathon now! That's my challenge for you next summer.
You Rock! Enough said. One of these days we are going to run a half marathon together.
Way to go. I told Mike that I would like to run...he laughed...I said I don't have anyone to run with. I pulled up your blog & Mike said there you go run with her. I told him that you like in Lehi, he said run to Lehi and you will kick her @!$* I guess I am a looser. Let's see if I can even quit Pepsi....
You seriously amaze me with all this exercise stuff you do. 10 Miles...you are CRAZY! But, you are my inspiration when I get up and do my elliptical. I say "If Megan can run 10 miles than I can run for 45 minutes." hehe.
If I burned that many calories in one day I would eat an ENTIRE chocolate cake.
That's awesome Megan. I am so jealous of your athletic ability. Sounds like you 5 did an awesome job.
Megan, you are amazing! I had no idea you were such a runner, but I guess I wouldn't cuz I haven't seen you in so freaking long!!!! I only have one week of school left and then I am determined for us to get together so I hope soon!
Megan we were there too! Not because I was running naturally but Natalie ran the marathon and Ryan ran the last half with her. My aunt Lorie, you know the hard core one, ran it and finished 3rd for the women. Anyway wish I would've known could've met up with you but that's what we get for lack of communication.
Look at you! How fun. I love the fantastic 5. I didn't know you could do a relay marathon. Why have I been doing it solo all these years? You are fast girl. Remember when we used to run together? That was fun. I probably couldn't keep up with you now.
I would like to say you runners inspire me to start exercising more, but then I'd be lying. Good job on the 10 miles!
way to go megan! i was bummed i didn't see you either...but there were a GAzillion peeps up at the race start. you should TOTALLY do a half. we are doing a few down in Provo this summer, come hook up with us. I run MUCH faster halfs that actual marathons. ;)
And, yes, knowing how many calories you burned? bad idea. by the end of the day my bodybugg said "7,421 calories" so... Sunday..yaaaah...pretty much ate everything in sight. hee hee.
Well aren't you the little runner! You'll have to give me some tips, I want to do a half marathon next year. It looks like you guys had fun! Good job!
i heard about the race from Brandon. According to him, it sucked, and he is not too sure that he will ever do it again. I laughed and said, isn't that why people train? he didn't think that i was funny! Congrats on another fine run race. Maybe someday, i will want to join you! :) Keep checking the blog for more info on the swap.
Congrats!! You are sooo amazing! Very inspiring..one day for me..thats what I say..5 miles is enough for me right now. Keep up the good work and keep posting it, its very motivating!
You amaze me, girl! I actually just barely got off the treadmill (after 1/2 hour) and now I think I'm going to die. :) Congrats! That is awesome that you and the fam could accomplish that together! You are an inspiration to lazy people like me everywhere!
Way to go! You are awesome! Races are so great! I love them. I love all this racing you've been doing. You look incredible by the way!It's getting me motivated just seeing you! How fun to race with your fam! I love that.
continued....I didn't see that last part for some reason. 2,252 calories..yeah my will power would be shot too. Yeah you will definetely have to do the 1/2 marathon next year. You could have done it this year (what's 3 more miles) Way to go!!
Congrates Megan! It sounds like you did awesome! That course is pretty inspiring it made me want to run the full marathon next year! So if you want a running partner for next years marathon let me know. I ran into your family while my husband was running in from the marathon. Your little girl is darling! It was so good to see how wonderful your family is doing.
P.S. I love your pictures of the race. I wish I looked that great after running 10 miles! Lucky!
Post a Comment