I was super excited to get together with some friends that I hadn't seen for a while. We decided now that they weather was cooperating, why not take them to the zoo? We can walk and chat and all our kidlets would love it.
So this morning I pack our lunches, put the stroller in the car, get myself ready etc... It is now 8:45AM and my child is still sleeping! SWEET.
Mistake #1: Well I wanted to leave by 9:15 to get to the zoo by 10...but I just didn't want to wake her up. Finally she wakes up at 9AM and I feed her breakfast, change her diaper and clothes and we are out the door on time.
We get on I-15 then I-80 and Marcia calls to see if I am almost there...'Sure am! Crap I missed the exit!' Park City here we come! Marcia told me there is a small turn around.
Mistake #2: Windy roads and a small turn around, back on some windy roads and off the exit. We are almost to the Zoo.
Annabelle says 'Mamma please!' I look back and she is holding out her hands (wanting me to pick her up). I say, 'Sorry Anna we will be there in a minute."
She then proceeds to throw up the newly eaten breakfast that I didn't give her time to digest before I put her in the car and drive on some windy roads. Holy crap it is a lot of puke!
So I pull off the side of the road and into an apartment complex parking lot. I have my camera handy because I was planning on taking lots of pictures at the zoo, but I thought I would spare you the picture of her covered in throw up.
I am now using a spoon to get the throw up off her car seat because I am out of wipes and I have no napkins or towels in the car. Whilst spooning her breakfast onto the pavement I notice a lady on her balcony watching my every move. Did she offer help in a form of a wash cloth or wet one you say? NO!
Then I notice the sky starts looking like this.
And the down pour begins. I put the car seat back in the car, get this afghan blanket out of the back of the car and put in the car seat to make somewhat of a barrier between the residual layer of puke and Miss Anna. Luckily I could force the needed belts and buckles through the holes resulting in an emergency 'bundle me.' Call me MacGyver, if you will.
I get a phone call from my friends saying they are heading to Discovery Gateway since it was raining so hard. I debated and thought by the time I go to the store to get more wipes, new clothes and clean this whole thing up I won't have more than a 1/2 hour to spend with my friends. I really wanted to go anyway because I know Anna would love it there and I really wanted a break...especially now.
Instead we turned around, headed home to take a bath and bask in the smell of peaches and oatmeal that is now lingering in the Accord.

22 comments:
A real MOM story. I loved every word. I can just see you. The lady was probably wondering why you were taking pictures. It is funny, everything that happens or that we do I think oh this will be good for the blog. Thanks for sharing all of that, even the pictures.
That's a bummer! That's how life usually goes. Well I enjoyed reading your blog and hopefully you and Anna will be able to get out soon and go to the zoo. Also, luckily you had your camera so I can see what you working with.
Oh dear...that is HORRIBLE! I have learned with kids that very rarely does anything go as planned! That looks like so much puke! I think I would have done the same thing you did and just turned around and went home!!!
Ok, I totally had that written in my blog post about SYTYCD. I wondered why they had to bring up the quantity of kids Utahns have. They don't bring up anything like that in other cities. Oh well. I took it out of my post for fear that I would offend people with big families or something. You never know. Anyway, that bugged! So, when did you take lessons from Mia and Wade? That's AWESOME! I wish I could dance so bad! You're lucky. Did Mia bug you though? I think Wade's awesome, but Mia can be a little full of herself sometimes.
By the way, that sounds like a fun GNO at the bottom of your blog. I ended up liking Twilight once I got past pg. 300. It was way more entertaining!
Don't worry....you didn't miss much. The Discovery at Gateway was a little too pricy for little kids anyway. There was only so much they could do....now when Anna turns 3 or 4 she'd have a blast. We did miss you today but I are going to reschedule our Zoo trip, this time just let the little girl digest a bite...maybe we could carpool Herriman is only like 20 minutes from you.
megan, i feel so bad. like marie said. you didn't miss much. i couldn't believe they charge 8.50 for and adult to watch there kids play. oh well. i know how you feel with the puke in the car. it is so gross. reese puked in the car 3 times in one trip one time. nasty. we can do the zoo another day.
Oh my heavens! Mom told me about this little extravaganza....I'm so sorry! That little girl is a champion puker! She really does have a career on the drill team in the future!
I thought it weird that your name popped up in a story in Dallas. Sounds like you really get around! http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/education/stories/052908dnmetvaledictorian.3b254412.html?npc&nTar=OPUR
oh my...... oh my... you know? those are the experiences that you just shrug your shoulders and try to laugh. hey, at least now we have blogging so we can blog about it... and find some humor in it. ;)
I loved your story! I felt like I was reliving all the wonderful outings with my children. You are a true mom! I also loved looking through your slide show of your pictures. I reminded me of what a wonderful time of life this is being a wife and a mom. I was glade to see all the wonderful events you've had over the past few years since I last saw you. Your family is adorable.
Oh my goodness! Dude that totally sucks. It seems like I have had days like that but really I don't think it get's much worse than what you experienced. Sorry you didn't get to do anything fun for the day.
What a bummer, but reading the story sure made my day. Sorry, but it really is funny. Hopefully the next zoo trip will go a bit better for you!
oh im so sorry. that sure is a bad way to start the day! i think i would have just gone back home to. :(
Don't you just love life with kids. You poor thing though! What a ruff morining. It is nice to know I am not the only one who has these days. Kinda funny when you look back at it...well at lease for me hehe. We will have to met up at the zoo sometime too or Liberty Park or something.
Yuck! But happy to see Miss Anna all smiles! :)
Oh Megan I am so sorry, someday little miss Anna will be done with this throwing up thing! I looked at Ryans link and its crazy to think there is someone else out there with your same name, small world!
I hate it when you really need a break and everything goes wrong! That story was classic though.
OH man you make me chuckle, your phone call was the best! "IT'S EVERYWHERE!!!" Good times!
Stories like this remind me why I am not ready for kids yet. (j/k) I LOVE your stories!!! I know they aren't always fun for you at the time, but please continue to share them with us. They also remind me that we are all only human. You are a great mom!!!
ooohhhh! Gross! I promise that one day you will be glad that you blogged this. I am not to sure when that will be-but it will happen. Maybe when you have another child and they do something similar and you think-none of my other kids have ever done thins-then you will remember this event and think-well if i did it then and lived through it and so did my child, I guess it's ok that I do it again. Sory to say=you might have to have the car detailed to get the smell out! Oh well-u have a good excuse. Don't pass the opportunity up!
Gross!!! I am so sorry you had to deal with that. The only time Molly puked in the car was on the way home from Bear Lake but we were like 5 minutes from home. You may not think so now but you will be able to laugh about this later!!! And boo to the lady that didn't offer to help!
I love it! Sounds like a typical mom day! What a fun cute little baby though, driving the car. There are so many times that we bag what we're doing and hang out at home. I guess it's good to be flexible right?
Megan~ I felt so sad for you that had to happen to you. I remember those days it seems like yesterday. Annabelle is such a cutie. It is such a treat to read about what you have been up too. Thanks for inspiring me to start a blog page. It is going to be great to keep in touch with each other more. We might come to Utah in July we will have to get together, we will keep you posted.
Post a Comment