We have also enjoyed having friends over to play with. This is her friend Lila that we watched last Friday night. They had a good time coloring together.
Teaching each other the concept of sharing (Anna struggles with the idea immensely).
And playing with play dough. I told them to say 'cheese' and I couldn't stop laughing at the smile Lila gave me!
Annabelle has a new favorite toy, 'my new kitchen', as she calls it.
Ross saw it at the D.I. for $10 and couldn't pass it up. It was pretty dirty though. So Ross brought it home and put it on our patio so she wouldn't see it and I cleaned it during her nap time to surprise her. It took me over 2 hours and a lot of all purpose cleaner to get it clean, but it was still a good $10 spent. She hasn't stopped playing with it.
A lot of you asked how I was feeling and how my pregnancy was going. Thank you for caring..or at least pretending to care ;) I am almost 19 weeks and feeling pretty good now that the sickness is over and the food aversions and smells don't bother me. I am sure Ross appreciates the fact that we have home cooked meals again - I know I do! I enjoy this time of pregnancy when I am not huge - I am getting to the point that I know maternity clothes would be more comfortable, but I just can't bring myself to bust them out. Maybe it was all the dreams I had of zipping up a pair of jeans at the end of my last pregnancy.... I feel the baby moving all the time, which is cool, especially since it can't kick my ribs yet ;) Plus I can still sleep at night. Oh wait. That has already started to suffer - I just can't get comfortable. What the?! Doesn't this come later? Oh well. What can I do about it really? Nothing.
One thing that has gotten a little out of control are my cravings. I don't remember them being so strong last time. When I hear or think of something that sounds good I can't stop thinking about it until I get it. Which might be for the rest of my pregnancy cause my cravings aren't for generic things like 'Chinese food' or peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches...mmm...that sounds kinda good. Anyway, they are specific. For instance, I have been wanting Hawaiian Isles Shrimp and Salmon from Red Lobster. Or five taste shrimp from The Mandarin Restaurant.


In fact I told Ross I had yet to pull the stereotypical pregnancy card and tell him to go get me some ice cream in the middle of the night or what not so we should make the 2 hour trek to Logan to fulfill this said craving. He said no. Lame.

32 comments:
i'm glad you and ross are eating homemade meals again, we were for a while and now i'm just too tired after wrestling 2 kids all day that i don't feel like cooking. those cravings are pretty funny. i usually only crave watermelon with my pregnancies and i'm always pregnant in the winter. can't wait to find out what you're having
Hey, I'll go with you!!! Seriously, if you want to go, I'll go. Just give me a call. I've never been to Cafe Sabor. Is it good??? I guess that's a stupid question.
So when do you find out what you're having??
Glad you are feeling better. When do you get to find out what you're having? I get to find out one week from today. Can't wait. Anyway, I haven't even slept for the past 3 nights. I get so uncomfortable. I toss and turn and mostly have this huge pain in my hips that won't go away. Ugh. Only 20 more weeks :P Anyway, you definitley deserve to curve your cravings, so tell Ross he better go get you some shrimp.
I love having friends over to play. It's kinda a good break for me. The kids pretty much entertain each other except for a little mediating here and there when any type of sharing is required. And I'm so totally jealous of Anna's kitchen set. I've been wanting one for Kai but they are so friggin expensive. That was a really good find, good job to Ross! I had really bad cravings with my 2nd one too. All I ever wanted was a Snow Roll from Tepanyaki. Too bad they cost one million dollars. It's probably good though, I don't think you are supposed to eat sushi when your pregnant. Tell Ross he is in big trouble for not getting you everything you want the second you want it. It's the least he could do:)
Being prego is great! Your body and mind goes through so much.
I am so glad that you are feeling better. Although all the pictures of tasty food you always put on your blog is bitter sweet. I love seeing it, but I am always sad that that is not what I am eating for dinner/dessert.
Love the kitchen that you got for Anna. $10 is a deal. I'm sure she will spend hours upon hours playing with that thing. My girls would think that was to die for. I might have to start scoping out the DI more.
Glad to know that you are feeling better. My second pregnancy I really didn't get a good nights sleep almost from day one. It was aweful. Tell Ross that because he wants so many kids that he better get you what you want when you want it or else. Can't wait to find out what you are having. Jord and I have our bets made. Also way to go on the kitchen Ross! Bostyn loves hers but we spent a bit more than $10 and I think yours is better.
Love the pictures of Anna and hearing about all the fun she is having the the things she is doing. It is also good to hear the scoop on your pregnancy. So glad you are feeling good and things sound like the baby is doing good too. It will be so good to see you all next month.
I love that kitchen set. I know Lucas is a boy, but I really want him to have one when he gets bigger! They are so fun. I just craved meat all the time when I was pregnant. All I wanted was prime rib or a big juicy hamburger, I think Ross should meet your craving needs too, if you want to head up and eat at Cafe Sabor I will totally join ya! I love that place.
I am glad you are blogging again. It's good to hear about your pregnancy and that it is progressing well. My sisters had some weird cravings when they were pregnant. One of my sisters, for instance, craved pickles with vanilla ice cream on them with chocolate syrup. Your cravings, compared to that, are much easier to hear about.. :)
- Sarah
Too funny. We are into forts at our house too. I have to tell you that more than once a week Gretchen makes me find the post of Anna in the crib. We have to watch the "baby" Too bad you were not in the mood to post...I was at Cafe Sabor on Monday.
That's a nice kitchen for ten bucks! Glad to hear you are doing good. This time your food posts sounded not that good. I'm not going to lie you usually pull through of making stuff sound mouth watering. I think it was all the shrimp that grossed me out. Anyways when do we get to know what you are having? I have a feeling it's a boy. I am crazy and I don't know why. K bye.
A kitchen for $10! Sweet! Molly loves her, and although we didn't buy it for her, it probably cost a whole lot more!
Cafe Sabor...hmmm, definitely worth the 2-hour trip. I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind if you dropped Anna off on your way up.
By the way, do you find out what you're having soon?
The specific cravings are so funny. Tonight I want chips and salsa and tacos!!! SO BAD!!!! I think I'm getting my way by talking Rob into it. :D
I am not a big shrimp fan, but this shrimp is heavenly. Seriously. I know the picture may make it look otherwise, but you really can't go wrong with anything at The Mandarin.
I will find out what I am having on February 5th. I have no inclination as to what I will be having. Ross and I are just assuming that we will be having all girls. But most everyone thinks I am having a boy, so I we will see. Maybe I should put a poll up.
i totally think you should make the trip to logan, you won't feel better untill you fulfill that craving of yours! I'm glad you are feeling good, and not in maternity clothes yet, for real?! I was wearing those long before 19 weeks, thinking about being pregnant again blah! Doesn't sound fun yet! I can't wait to hear what you are having!
I can relate to the specific craving! If someone mentions going somewhere, I start craving something from there! I also have really wanted Mexican stuff (not hot though) and things with oranges in them. And that stuff isn't good for the bloating!!
hold it-- am i to understand that you are 19 weeks and are still wearing your regular clothes? what the @#%%^&%! I popped out when I was about 14 weeks with this 2nd pregnancy...no fair! short people totally get screwed...
You are 19 weeks already. Oh how time flies when you aren't the one pregnant, huh? And I am amazed you aren't in maternity clothes either. I was not one of thos lucky ones. Good luck with all the rest and yes we really do all care (well I guess technically I can only speak for me).
Once again everyone is much too kind. The reason I can still wear 'regular' clothes is because I have my 'inbetween' pants from after I had Annabelle and during the weight loss process. Lets just say I have already gone up 2 pants sizes and become good friends with my Bella Band. I am ready to jump the next size up (the biggest size I own) before I will be forced to wear maternity pants.
BROOKLIN - I would rather just pop out and have a cute belly like you than be in the this awkward stage. I feel like I have just been looking fat instead of pregnant for the past 10 weeks!
Anna is so cute playing with her friend and her kitchen. I loved mine when I was little! Too bad I didn't learn any "real" kitchen skills ;)
I'm glad that your pregnancy is almost half over- wahoo! We need to play soon! I had intended on planning something this week or so....then the whole heart surgery thing popped up, so we'll see. Hopefully in a couple of weeks :)
I love it. Isn't it so funny how you honestly cannot stop thinking about what you crave. Oh, I have to see you pregnant this time. Maybe next month? we can have a get-together. I'll work on it. Love you so.
Hey! They didn't do super well this year. They actually didn't even place. I think it was pretty unfair they didn't even place in kick. It was an awesome dance. Yeah, it's crazy Hill is that old. She actually just turned 18 on the 19th of January. Crazy, crazy, crazy. And Sam will be 21 in March!
I've got alot of imbetween pants too. My pants that I wish I can fit into are waaay out of style now. I guess that means I have taken way to long to loose all this baby weight. Glad you are feeling better. That kitchen set looks awesome. Waay to go Ross!
oh my heavens i'm a bad sister for commenting this late in the game. i'm kind of sad i didn't get to watch anna today...oh well i guess her and coop will have many play dates in the months to come when we get closer to you. i'm glad that you fulfilled one of your cravings yesterday. wahoo!! is anna really sleeping in that first picture or is she pretending? ok, anywho. love ya, hope you're having fun at your classes
Good I'm glad you blogged. I had to call you because I was feeling out of touch. Just get out the pregnancy clothes you aren't fat you are having a baby. If there is one time in your life fat pants of ok it is now. Just bask in it. That is funny that your cravings are so specific. I crave chewy candy like starbursts and mike and ikes.
I'm glad Sydney isn't the only kid who has a hard time sharing! I need to start looking at the d.i. for good finds like that because I am not much of a toy buyer because they are always so expensive then she doesn't play with them long enough to justify it. That is good your feeling better, I was out of my regular pants pretty fast your lucky! Oh, and I will be more than happy to have a play date and "bring my camera"! I can use all the practice I can get! I'm being serious too, maybe we could come that way, I am always up for finding new cool places to take pictures!
I'm impressed with your memory. Ben did go on his mission to the Netherlands. His mission also included Belgium, where he spoke Flemish. Wow, once again, I'm impressed!
I can't believe that you scored that kitchen for 10 bucks. I'm totally jealous. Those things go for a fortune around here. I wish we had DI's. Anyway Anna is so cute. I love it when they just play play play and stay out of your way. Are you trying to torture us with the pics of all this food. Good thing I just ate on the border endless enchiladas and am stuffed to the brim. Dude break out the maternity clothes it will feel so much more comfortable. I can't believe that you will be finding out soon what you are having. Where does the time go?
I can not believe she is old enough for play dates way to crazy and super cute. That play kitchen is awesome way to go Ross. Also I am glade you are feeling better. I guess I would rather have those darn cravings then being sick.
Sorry about the whole food situation, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially you. I know how you like your food!
Forts are the best. I've been building them with Josh since he was under a year old. I think he finally is starting to enjoy them as much as me...
I'm so glad you came up, even if it was really just for the egg rolls :) It was so nice just talking and laughing, I so miss you!!! And I love hearing about Anna, she is so much fun!!! Hope you can come again soon, and I know Steve would love to see Ross. We'll work on a night to come down, are any not good for you?
Mmm! Your posts always make me hungry. The Mandarin and Cafe Sabor two of my favorites. I love the kitchen table too! A new house...how exciting. I can't wait to find out if you are having a little boy or girl!!
Post a Comment