4.30.2010

The Perfect Date

My birthday really is the perfect date - not too hot, not too cold. All you need is a light jacket. In fact, I didn't even wear a jacket that day. It was marvelous. We actually did most of the celebrating the day before my birthday. Ross worked in the yard, I went for a run outside in shorts and a t-shirt. **sigh** Now what is up with the friggin snow? Did Mother Nature not get the memo that once spring has come, snow should be banned.

I digress. Later that evening my fabulous cousin Kirsten watched the kiddos while Ross and I went on a perfect date on the perfect date. I am so funny. We went to PF Changs. Our waiter was socially awkward, which we got a good laugh at. The lettuce wraps were yummy. And I picked a dish with lots o' veggies and brown rice. Cause it was my birthday (well, sort of) so I took full advantage knowing Ross wouldn't complain ;)

Then we went shopping and I bought myself some new clothes, and new exercise attire. Sometimes when I think about how many times I have sweat in my other clothes, it makes me physically ill. Then we hit up Spoon Me. Did you guys know you get a free Spoon Me on your birthday? And not like some dinky sized frozen yogurt either, I might add. Free frozen yogurt = birthday bliss.

Ross is not a big frozen yogurt fan however, so when he saw the 'light' was on, we made a pit stop here so he could buy himself three (not counting the 2 fresh glazed donuts he had in line) smore's donuts.

Sunday we drove up to my parents house where my mom made my favorite dinner - salmon, asparagus and couscous. Ross made the comment that I tried to pick a dinner that no one but myself would eat. Whatevs. Then my mom made her rockin' homemade raspberry frozen yogurt. Yum.

Thanks everyone for the texts, FB messages and phone calls. I thoroughly enjoyed that most people's messages involved food somehow. And so now you can all rest easily knowing that I did, in fact, spend my day(s) eating well :)

20 comments:

Ross said...

FIRST! Woo Hoo!

10zfam said...

sounds like a great birthday. i always think of you when i watch or hear anything about miss congeniality.

Sheena Menke said...

Spring birthdays are so the best!!! Happy belated birthday, I'm glad it was a good one. We need to get together for a play date or you guys should just all come over for dinner soon, we miss you.

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like you had a great day :)

Brandon & Tiff said...

Happy Birthday Megan! Mmm..I need to go get some lunch now. I am glad you had a good day and enjoyed some yummy food!

CORYNN AND JER said...

You're 'favorite dinner' sounds heavenly. Ross is nuts for not liking salmon, asparagus and couscous! ;)
Glad you had a super day(s).

The Nate and Sara Project said...

Are there carrots in your spoon me?? Cause it sure looks like it to me. Maybe that's why Ross doesn't like getting frozen yogurt...:)

Marie Rose said...

YOu are too funny. I'm glad you had a fabulous birthday full of fabulous food. Very excited about next weekend. It's going to be fun.

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Glad you had such a fun day with all the yummy food, it all sounds so good right now! Love ya lots!!!!

C and C Young said...

My sister and I just made PF Chang's lettuce wraps for lunch--love them! I hate that there isn't a PF Chang's on like every corner like there is in every other state...so lame. I'm glad all your birthday dreams came true!

Marie said...

Happy B-day. Love me some PF Changs! Smores donuts??? I did not know of such delights....the sound of them makes my mouth water.

Jenny said...

Glad your perfect date was indeed perfect :) and for real what's with the cold?!

Anjanette said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday. I haven't been to PF changs in forever. I do however go to PeiWei a lot. Same chef, no waiters, less expensive, equals love it!

Lori said...

i love that movie. even better, she has strawberry blonde hair. :) glad to hear your birthday was fantastic! woo!

The Goodrich's said...

Happy Birthday! Glad it was great, and delicious!

Chelsie said...

happy birthday...even though you did leave your most favorite gift ever here at my house. ;-) i'm glad i got to enjoy all these fabulous stops via picture messages from you...made me feel like we were spending the day together. tear. love ya

Carlee Hoopes said...

Um, yeah, who chooses that as their favorite meal? I've decided that apart from desserts, our palettes must be completely opposite. :) Glad you had a great birthday. I'll have to remember to get my free Spoon Me. Sounds fabulous.

Melanie said...

That sounds awesome. Maybe next year since our bdays are so close we should go out to lunch because your favorite meals are almost identical to mine.

Kayley said...

What a great quote! Made me laugh! I'm sorry that I didn't pay attention that it was your birthday too...thanks for realizing that it was mine.

Susie said...

Sounds like you did have the most perfect birthday ever!! You did so many fun things and had so yummy things to add to it. Birthday's are the best!!