4.01.2010

More...

...Drawing....

I don't know if you can tell but it is a picture of our family :)

She has finally taken an interest in art I suppose. She did this completely on her own. I just walked into her room one day and she had finished drawing it.

...Baking.....

Lemon Raspberry cupcakes. YUM! The butterflies are the motto this year for our Young Women - I don't normally adorn my cupcakes with them...(this was for the refreshments at New Beginnings.)

....Sassyness....

Yes the bathtub looks nasty. I promise it just from the crayons - the same ones that are all over Anna's face. Ross thinks he is so funny...

You might have read about our struggle with Annabelle and her desire to never eat what I fix for dinner again via Facebook. After almost 24 hours without eating what was being offered (go ahead an judge me) we had the following conversation:

Anna: I don't want pancakes!
Me: You will have to eat them eventually because I am not giving you anything until you do.
Anna: No! I will never eat them.
Me: Do you know what happens when you don't eat? You will starve!
Anna: I choose to starve!
Me: Do you know what happens when you starve? You will die and I don't want you to die.
(go ahead and judge me again)
Anna: Will I get to see Jesus?

....lbs....


Evan had his 9 month appointment.

23.5lbs and 29.25 inches - both around the 90th percentile. He is now wearing 12-18 month clothing.

After the doctor was done with the check up he told me, 'you can pick him up now if you want your arms to fall off'

He also got his bottom 2 teeth about a month ago.


...NO MORE shenanigans.....

Fixed Evan's room. Hopefully it is the last time. But since we will be spending the next 3 days with all of my family, I won't be counting on it. I am looking forward to what this weekend brings.

29 comments:

The Wilson Family said...

I just want you to know I would have done the exact same thing with Brennen. He used to be the best eater now he's a little bugger so I give him his dinner and that's it for the night, if he's hungry I just pull out the dinner. Hold strong girl!!

brynn eyre said...

The first to comment! WOW! Annabelle cracks me up! I swear getting them to eat is the most frustrating thing. I hope she's doing better. I can't belive how big Evan is getting. Lucas has always been on the large side himself in his height, not so much weight. You've got to have some huge muscles lugging that kid around! I do believe Lucas has that superman shirt too! Can't wait till next weekend.

brynn eyre said...

ps not first comment, as I was typing my spot was stolen!

Deanna said...

I completely back you up on the eating issue. :) You're one strong mama!!! :) Good luck with that cutie of yours. :)

And Evan... Oh, my, goodness! I just want to pinch those darling cheeks!

Super cute.

And I thought I was busy...you've been SUPER busy!

Jenny said...

Evan is awesome. He's so big and cute. I love the family drawing too, that's some skill. Sorry about the refusal to eat I think you're doing the right thing though! And don't you love how kids are too smart to argue with?! ;)

CORYNN AND JER said...

Haha.. he's a quarter of an inch taller and 2 pounds lighter than Wesley.. my doctor called Wes "stout with an enormous head." LOL

Carly said...

Who doesn't want pancakes!? Just teasing. I think you're a great mom...she's too smart for her own good, huh? I love all your stories about her though. She's a hoot. Glad to see your vinyl lettering is still all in place. Evan is getting so big! He's darling...

Haley said...

Love the living with Jesus comment. You're teaching her well!

Brandon & Tiff said...

What cute kids. Oh my heck I just laughed out loud til I couldn't breath anymore. Anna cracks me up. I hope she starts eating for you soon.

Chels said...

Your little boy and mine are about the same size. Does everyone ask you how old he is and then when you tell them do they say, "Whoa...he's big!" I find myself saying, "Yeah, he's big" before they can...just to save time.

Anjanette said...

Katelyn and Sadie have been really into drawing, cutting, and glueing all sorts of art projects lately. It's fun to see what they come up with, except for the lovely coloring on my wall that Sadie has been doing.

Marie said...

Um--cupcakes--YUM. Your young women are lucky. Your treats always look so professional. I think you should open a bakery. Seriously. But what I really want to know is how do you stay so thin with all these scruptious goodies you make?

Stacia Cummings said...

Can you teach me how to make cupcakes?
Don't worry, I do the same thing with Beckett. I refuse to make separate meals for everyone in the family.
Even is closer to Beckett's size than Grahams. My poor little boys.

Paul said...

Megan,
I commend you for being a rock on food. You know she likes these foods and is just in an unhealthy phase. We have the same problem with Kayley's nephew. He can talk though so it is not as funny as with Anna. He is in the awful habit of throwing his dishes full of uneaten food and sippy cups on the floor. Did Anna do that? And if so how do you break that habit?

P.S. If she wasn't so darn hilarious!

10zfam said...

we do the same thing with hailey. my sister in law has a rule where her kids have to take as many bites as they are old, if they are 2 they take 2 bites, etc. that sometimes works with my kids too

Heather said...

I hope you save that pic. My mom saved my first picture of people, and wrote the date on the back. and I'm glad I have it.

Chelsie said...

haha, the jesus comment still makes me laugh...i told brandon about ross 'driving backwards on the freeway' on our way home today and he laughed quite hard...oh she's so funny. i'm glad i get to spend the weekend with you guys...coop is in heaven

Heidi said...

i love the conversation between you guys, at least if she won't eat you are doing a great job in teaching her about jesus! You kiddos are the cutest!

Melanie said...

I love Anna's drawing and that she wouldn't eat because that is totally Daniel. Seriously when I wanted kids I just thought about cute babies, not sassy three year olds.

The Kippen House said...

Man I miss you!!! I'm so bad at blogging now because of one very frustrating little girl, but I will try to be better. Move back to Logan, it will solve all my problems! :) LOVE!!!

Triny Kay said...

so cute!!! isn't is sad when you lose and argument with a toddler? don't worry....she'll eat eventually. evan is such a chunker. ian jsut got weight today and i think he is 20.5 lbs. and 31 inches. he feels heavy enough to me, i don't even you carrying evan around =)especially as he's going to jsut get bigger =) have fun! you're kids are so stinkin cute!!! i love hearing about annabell's adventures. sometiems it makes me feel better knowing i'm not the only with a sassypants on their hands. maybe to help her eat more have her pick what you get for dinner one night or have her "help" make it.

Jordan and Erin Farr said...

Hey Megan, Tell Ross I said hi. You guys are great. Oh and I passed the bear paw cafe and thought of you. In a friend way of course.

Natasha said...

Oh my goodness Emma is the same way with food. It drives me nuts. She even asks for one thing and then pitches a fit and says she wants something else once it is in front of her. KIDS!! Got to love them right. Love the crayons picture too. :)

Tara and Ricky said...

Hysterical!! I'm not sure I'm looking forward to the shenanigans that are sure to come my way as Davis gets older... I'm going to enjoy his immobility as much as possible:)

Susie said...

Anna is quite the artist, love her drawing! She cracks me up the things she says. Way too funny!! Way to go Megan, hopefully she has decided to eat. Evan is so darn cute, and sounds like he is growing normally. So glad you fixed the saying on Evan's wall!! Your cupcakes look so darn YUMMY!!

Brooke said...

I am glad to know I am not the only one dealing with a picky eater! Our rule is you HAVE to taste it atleast once! Some people think that is mean, but I am not a short order cook!

FRYER FAM said...

i love it all. my kids haven't wanted to eat lately either & i feel the same way as you- i am not making any special meals. they can starve if they choose at my house.

Meg said...

Way cute pic that Anna drew you for sure have an artist. Glade the room got put back together and STOP posting pictures of yummy food on your blog do you know what that does to a pregnant girl haha. Can't believe how big your kids are getting they are so cute.

ryan and jessica said...

you spent the weekend with your family and i was not invited?! what the heck! although we did see your husband so maybe that kinda counts...

oh my gosh she is the funniest little girl! ahh i love the jesus comment, this is only going to get better i can feel it, i will stay tuned! :)