Last week I made these to take to a play date and they were delicious! It's finely chopped mint Oreos with cream cheese, covered in chocolate, drizzled with mint white chocolate. Could life get any better? I submit that is can not!

When I was done I realised I still had a bunch of white chocolate and milk chocolate left over, along with the center of 10 mint Oreos (you keep the center of 22, and discard the centers of 10). I didn't want to waste anything....let's just say I got a little creative...

Yeah chocolate with the center of an Oreo in the middle...like a peanut butter cup, but with mint. They were a little much for me. I ate one and was a little sick. Of course Ross loved em' and ate like 4 in a matter of minutes...whatever....
Then for Father's Day I made Ross's favorite cake. For those who don't know Ross, he likes his sugar. He would rather have Skittles or Starbursts vs. chocolate. For his fave cake (angel food) I cut off the top and hollow out the middle. Then use the cake I took out and put it in the middle of the cake to fill the hole.
Mix together a can of sweetened condensed milk (liquid sugar) and cool whip (semi solid sugar). Set half aside. With one half, mix together with 1 bag frozen raspberries (natural sugar). Fill the cake with this...

Then put the top back on.

And frost with the other half of the cool whip/milk concoction.

He ate half of it that night...in one sitting. I pray our children get his metabolism.
On another topic - I just really wanted to share my SYTYCD thoughts:
-Wednesday night: Yak, yak, yak, yak, yak! If the judges would shut their yappers each couple could do 2 dances in the 2 hours and then we would have a better idea of who was really good.
-Mia, we understand you are a choreographer so you don't have to go on about each choreographer and how much you like their work...we get it.
-Mary, did you get a bad spray tan before the show? My husband thought you applied your make up 3 times in a row and no one wants to see your boobs shoved up into your throat like that.
- Nigel, don't get off your chair and dance, ever again. You make be the executive producer, but I don't think you can dance.
-That being said, my fave dances of the night were Joshua & Katee's Broadway routine, Twitch & Kherington's,waltz, Mark & Chelsie's tango, and Gev & Courtney's contemporary.
-I think my fave couple is 'Twitchington'. They may not be the best technically, but they are the best performers by far.
- They definitely chose the right people to go home. I agreed with the judges - Susie's not hot and there was way too many 'tricks' and not enough dancing in Marquis's solo.

19 comments:
Um...YUM! I have had the oreo things with normal oreos, but never with the mint kind. The regular ones were yummy, but the mint sound great! And, that cake is awesome looking! I must try it!
Ok, I couldn't agree with you more on all the SYTYCD thoughts. What do you think about Comfort? I didn't like her at first, but she's growing on me. I liked her solo last night a lot. Do you like Chelsie and Thayne? Have you noticed how big her lips are? Anyway, she's a good dancer and has good hair. Thayne just needs to simmer down! Also, have you ever Wikipedia'd Nigel Lithgoe? He has a VERY extensive background in dance. I had no idea. Anyway, I guess he does know quite a bit about dance, but I agree that he's a little past his prime and it is embarrassing when he tries to dance. :) Twitchington is my fave as well! Oh, what about Matt and Courtney? They just look awkward. Matt's feet look too pointy and his pants always look too short. She just looks so tall that it is strange to see sometimes.
You are my HERO! Those things look so good and I am SUPER tempted. I'm already on an imaginary sugar high and it's only 8:30 in the am.
I love Brian Regan.
I agree with you on SYTYCD,my parents will tivo it for me if I miss and I would like to say thank you for the fast forward button. Again, kudos to you and your cooking ability. I think you need to start a receipe blog, it would be an awsome one.
Can we do a play date together? Geez Meg your stuff looks rad. You're going to be the next martha.
Holy Smokes Megan!!!! You make me jeolous with your skills. That stuff looks so good, you just keep posting that yummy looking food and then maybe one day I really will try it, we'll see:)
Wow! You are better than Betty Crocker! Way to go. My favorite thing in this world is mint oreos. Well...keep posting these, but one day we definetley need to have a GNO where we learn how to make these awesome desserts and eat them too!
What Creations! I am so impressed. Those treats look so good. And I wish that they had SYTYCD here but they don't and that sucks oh well. Here's to SUGAR:)
Carlee-
I like Comfort. She is spunky - she too is growing on me. I like Chris too, but I don't think they work best as a couple. I also like Chelsea (how do girls get their hair to do that...and stay like that?) mostly I just stare at her buff arms when she dances though. I think Thayne is awesome, technically speaking, but what's with needing to show ALL of his teeth when he smiles? I agree simmer down. I think all the dancers that are left are good, so we will see how things pan out over the next few weeks.
I don't doubt Nigel's dance smarts...he always knows what he is talking about and I usually always agree with him. But when he got up and danced and grabbed his crotch and was talking about 'pee pee'?! Blah!
Matt and Courtney - I like Courtney. Did you feel so bad for her Wednesday night when Nigel was critiquing her and said it was impressive that Matt could lift her because she was so 'big'? I know what he meant...but still, ouch!
Holy Cow Megan you are a maniac! Do you just come up with that stuff all by yourself?!? Thats amazing, I love to cook and make new things, but I struggle in the baking area. By the way this is Brooke (Stewart) Ulrich. I saw your name on Tenisha's blog and thought I'd say hi!
Wow!! I am quite impressed!!! All of your desserts look de-lish!!!! I think we need to have a dessert night when Austin and I get back!! How do you stay in such good shape?? If I were making those desserts I would be eating the whole thing by myself because Austin isn't much of treat/sugar lover...and trust me I would not be in the great shape you are in!!! How is everything going? I hope your summer is fantastic!!! And yes, we are having a ton of fun but Austin does work a lot--we just party hard on Sunday (is that bad? That is the only day we have together...). Anyway keep in touch!!
Sorry I am a terrible sister...your Brian Reagan reference made me chuckle....I have yet to finish watching SYTYCD...so tomorrow I will be able to talk about it with you after I finish...but as of last week...I really do like twitchington...and I can tell I am going to miss my DVR because usually I fast fwd through the judges....mary makes me bonkers...she is like the paula of this show....your desserts look fabulous! I just did the oreo ones but not with mint! Mmmm...they look great! And Ross's cake...lawsy...of course he would have to take a light, but loaded with sugar cake...and make it more sugary...blast that boys metabolism! also how come no pics from the GNO i missed the other day?! did you not take any?
Twitchington is my favorite too! They are so great together! Also, I NEED Those recipes! They look amazing...especially that first one. YOu are like little Martha Stewart woman! I have started to slow down on my baking cause craig isn't much of the sweets eater...So, I end up eating an ENTIRE cake!
ps. can I just say Mary drives me crazy...even if she didn't have her boobs shoved up and looked orange. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
The cake looks awesome. That being said you guys and your cooking are so funny!!
awesome treats and cake, you amaze me megan. i would eat all of that along with ross but i don't have his metabolism so i'd just get super fat, but hey, i'd enjoy doing it
Mmmm, looks good!
Megs! I love your blog. It makes my day so much better. You and Chels need to give me the recipe for those little balls of goodness. likitylance@yahoo.com Also I agree with all of your comments on dancing with the stars. and i really like that Mia said this year is BANOODLES. i like that word. Also I remember that guys name form Tremaine that followed us around that I talked about earlier. not Julian....but AARAGON. It fits him don't you think.
i've been a week behind on SYTYCD cause of camp and the relay. just barely watched this episode. me and amanda basically jumped off the couch in a long awaited triumph... miami slut is returning home!!! YAY!!!!
Post a Comment