My mom has so many toys for the grand kids, her house is big and meant for running around, she has different books to read, cousins that live close by to come and play, and a yard to play in. Annabelle just runs from one thing to the next and doesn't stop (which makes for some good long naps for Anna).
So yesterday after the kiddo's woke up from their naps we went to my cousin Nicole's house to go swimming in her new pool. It was fantastic! Thanks Nicole for letting us play in the pool sans rubber pants for the kids (Cassi that's for you). Annabelle and I are rockin a sweet farmer's tan.

'Water! Water! Water!' Seriously. I know I have said this before, but my kid is obsessed with the stuff. I hear these words over and over and over again. She cheared everytime someone went down the slide or off the diving board and was seriously concerned when someone dissapeared under the water. We played in the pool for over an hour and she still did not want to leave.
We then went back to my mom's to make dinner. While we were making yummy Thai turkey burgers, Annabelle pulled out a stool and climbed up to the drinking fountain to play in the water....she is a bad influence on Cooper!
She just kept pushing the button, yelling water and splashing in it. After dinner we gave the kids a bath, so now she has spent a good 3 hours playing in water and she still whined when I took her out of the tub. When I was putting her PJ's on I kept looking for some gills - I swear my kid is a fish.
You all must be sick of my SYTYCD commentary, but since I don't really get to talk to anyone else about it (Ross can't stand Mary, so he doesn't watch it and if it isn't Elmo or 'Baby Signing Time' neither will Anna) so I have to reach out through the wonderful world of blogging to the other SYTYCD fans.
- They need to start talking to the judges in different order...why does Nigel always get to go first? Him and Mary take up most of the time and by the time the guest judge gets to speak they don't have much time or everything has been said.
-Speaking of...I think the guest judge usually always has the best comments. Like last night, he was trying to give them tips on the dance, their performance and for the future....instead of just going on about how hot the girl looked in the half dress like Nigel. So when Mary and Nigel were snoring during his comments, I thought it was rude.
-Last night my fave dances were 'Twitchington's' hip hop dance, Kourtni and Matt's contemporary (even though the choreographer was a nut job) and Chelsie and Mark's hip hop.
-Seriously. I rewound (another bonus of being at my mom's....a DVR) Chelsie and Mark's dance to watch it again. I LOVED it!
-They need more choreographers. Even though the new one was kind of weird...I liked the dance. It seems like the same people choreograph 2 dances each week. How come no Dan Karaty or Wade Robson this year. Or why not have Benji or Travis choreograph a piece?
-My guess for the bottom 3 are: Chelsea and Thayne, Comfort and Chris and Courtney and Gev/Jessica and Will (it's a toss up between the last two).

17 comments:
ha you did not post about the your daughter after you got her into her pajamas, making her way back to the tub, turning the water on and covering the floor in water!! :-) She is so funny! I wish I would have gotten a picture of her face when Dallin would go under water, that was hilarious! I like having you up here...i still vote you should move into mom's basement...come on!! Even though I haven't seen last nights episode yet...I agree with the commentary! I miss Wade's dances!! If Wade and Mia choreographed the show, I would be in heaven!
What is it with kids and water? We play in the little blow up pool outside almost everyday. Molly loves it (except for when she's running over to the neighbors tramp!).
And hurray for mom's who are willing to waste gas to come save their daughters from days and nights spent alone! I can't count how many times my parents have done that...what would we do without them?
I also liked the two hip hop dances and also the samba. Overall the judges talk way too much, I agree.
Your bathing suit is cute - where did you get it?
swimming is so fun huh? i am just as obsessed with sytycd. don't worry! i completely agree with every word you said. lynn hates mary too. how funny!
I am husbandless too!! Why aren't we hanging out? See we need better communication so we can plan for such events!
That looked like lots of fun, your mom is awesome for coming to get you like that, I vote you move up here too! Anyway I was just at Walmart and guess who I ran into, Katie Olsen! I haven't seen her forever either, so I'm pretty sure its a sign that we freakin need to get together. For Ashley and Chelsie who read this, I mean you too! We keep saying it so now we really need to, I told Chelsie to call you and see when you can do it cuz I don't have your number so call her and lets get it planned!
Ohh to be close to family so I could call them and visit and get a little help with the kids...soon, young one, soon! I loved the past entries..I've been a slacker at blogging lately so I had to read to catch up. yummy chocolates! and yeah she's in nursery! Life is soooo good now! H has decided since turning six months last sunday she no longer needs to sit still and sleep..instead she tries to climb up me when I hold her which then brings on a wrestling match..then I have to take her to the mother's lounge where I hope she'll just roll around until she's tired and then let me rock her to sleep..NOPE! another wrestling match ensues and I end up beat and tired while Ryan asks...'what's wrong with you?'
Sweet! Gotta love the swimming sans crypto/rubber pants.
Anna and Syd should get together sometime, she is obsessed with water too. Mostly swimming, but she can spot a puddle of water from a mile away! I know its been a while, but did you guys move away from here? Anyway, my mom did tell me about seeing you and she mentioned the ice cream thing! It's funny, because that was the only time I remember you coming over to my house was the night you ate one of those like 5 gallon buckets of superman ice cream!
Maybe she just hides her gills from the family. Looks like you two had a great time, it's great that your mom takes care of you.
Ok, now for SYTYCD. I agree with you, those dances were amazing. I watched it at my parents so I was able to watch it twice. Have you notice that Mary repeats what Nigel always says? For some reason Mary is really getting on my nerves this season, I think she is out of control. I loved when Benji choreograph that dance last season, and also why haven't they brought Wade back on? Last night I was really disappointed to see Chelsie gone, he partner gets to stay and she is leaving? One thing is for sure this season rocks and it will be a tuff one is all four couples that kicked but last night will continue to do the same towards the end. Sorry so long.
Love the water pics. Beckett has just spent the last 3 days at the pool. I wish he loved it as much as Anna. She sounds like a little crack-up. I bet you are laughing all the time.
P.S. I'm not sure which jacket you are talking about. The gray one is from Abercrombie and the brown one is a North Face jacket Jeremy ordered online. I think he got it at backcountry.com
Your swimming suit is super cute as is your daughter. Whenever I see your pictures I think of her little voice and how cute it is! I am making a comment on your blog because you are so very faithful to me and I love your comments, but I hope you read it because you have so many comments. Hey will I see you at the North Odgen 5K? We can chill together and try to avoid people we knew back when maybe even run together.... maybe not so much you crazy runner.
Totally unrelated to this post but.. on my way up to youth conference I made Hailee eat her yogurt fast then stuck her in the car. She was crying on 2-15 I thought because it sun was in her eyes, right when I was about to hand her a milk bottle, she started throwing up breakfast curds of milk and whey I suppose you could call it (I should be blogging about this!) But i pulled of on the Bountiful exit right away. I stripped her down and asked the gas station if I could use a hose. I sprayed out her car seat and stuck her back in it in just her diaper. Car sick-yuck. But I just kept thinking about you and your trip to the zoo-telling myself I should've known this would happen- i did all the same things megan did.
Once again-Yuck.
ok meg- its shan, your little girl is so cute. she is such an overman. i am finally going to try this blog thing too. i've been inspired by so many others. hope you don't care i'm looking at your life. ours is the fryer fam. i miss seeing your fam.
AHHHHHHHH! I have not been getting your blog posts on Google Reader. I don't get it! Anyway, I just happened to check your blog today and realized I had missed 3 posts, and most importantly a SYTYCD post! Anyway, I totally agree with you. I was glad to see that they let the guest judges judge first this week. Also, where is Wade Robson? I loved him last week. I wonder if there was a falling out. I thought Nigel was rude to Robert (the cool popper on the results episode this week), don't you?
I had to laugh outloud because my husband can't stand Mary on SYTYCD either. He comes up with a new obnoxious names to call her every week while I am watching.
Thats nice that your mom lives close enough to come and get you. I need someone to come pick me up right about now to get away.
Post a Comment