How to play this game of tag. Post these rules on your blog. List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
3 Joys:
- My family and friends
- Finishing a good run.
- The gospel and knowing my family is eternal.
3 Fears:
- Having more children and not having enough time for them or myself and not being a good mom.
- Something bad happening to Ross or Anna.
- Spiders.
3 Goals:
- Running a half marathon. I haven't done one since 03' when my roommate Stacia and I jumped into the TOU half way. We then signed up for one in Moab and I got injured training - I still feel bad about it Stacia! I signed up for one this August - so here goes nothing!
- To become a 'domestic goddess.' I am a neat freak already, but I want to expand my baking, cooking and hostessing skills. I love trying out new recipes and yummy new foods. I then hate that I have yummy food to tempt me at home all day so they usually get sent to work with Ross and his co-workers have seemed to enjoy it ;)
- To have Ross's student loans paid off and buy a home....I long for the day when I have a garden, a backyard and no more white walls!
3 Current obsessions/collections:
- Blogging...that is a given.
- So You Think You Can Dance. Ross hates this time of year, but I relate it to how I feel during football season.
- Food...in general.
3 Random surprising facts about yourself:
- I can't leave the house if there are dishes in the sink or my bed is unmade.
- I don't use the home keys when I type - I 'peck' at the keyboard and I am pretty fast too. If I do try and use the home keys I am probably 3x slower.
- I like pain - not all pain - let me explain...when I am sore, I like the deep tissue type massages I love the pain of rubbing sore muscles, the pain when I was prego and I would floss my teeth and they would bleed (I didn't like the bleeding part - dang pregnancy related hormones - just the pain that was associated with it), or the little 'pinch' type pain when I pop a zit, and plucking/waxing my eye brows. Too much info? Oh well, I think we have established that motto doesn't really pertain to me ;)
Annabelle got tagged by Kennadee, so here are 10 things about Annabelle Parker...
1. She learns new things super easy! When I teach her what a new animal says or where a body part is, I only have to tell her 2 or 3 times before she remembers it for good.
2. She loves to dance...especially with Ellen :) she likes that type of music. In fact, dance was one of her first words.
3. She doesn't like bread, rolls, cakes, cookies, rice cereal or anything with a 'grainy' texture. She won't touch the stuff.
4. As of two days ago she started saying 'Elmo!' She has never even seen an episode of Sesame Street but has a book with Elmo on it. She always wants to be carrying the book with her and will walk around saying 'Elmo' until she finds it.
5. She could read books for hours. Ever since I can remember that has been something that calms her down, whether we read to her or she 'reads' to herself, she will pull all her books out and just flip through pages forever.
6. She can point out and say who each of her grandparents are, her aunts and uncles, cousins and say their names. She loves hanging out with all of them and whenever we are going to see them she just repeats their names over and over and over again until we get there to see them.
7. Every word she says has an inflection that rises at the end...like she is asking the question. Her voice is very recognizable and sounds very similar to the seagulls in Finding Nemo. 'Mine! Mine! Mine!'
8. She would rather hang out with kids that are older than her than kids her own age. She LOVES her cousin Bradee Jane!
9. She could watch this ABC song all day long. I have to limit the amount of times she watches it because 1. I don't want her sitting in front of the computer forever and 2. It drives me BONKERS. The song gets stuck in your head. Thanks Barb for the recommendation ;)
10. She loves animals. Especially dogs. It doesn't matter if the dog is 3x her size she will still walk up to it and pet it like it is no big deal.

On another note, I am super excited that my pre-ordered copy of Breaking Dawn is getting closer and closer to arriving on my door step. The other day I found the first part of Chapter 1 .... and now August seems too far away. Click here to read the excerpt. I still loved it, hope you do too!

20 comments:
I am so glad you did that tag, it's fun to get to know you and Anna. I am so stoked for Breaking Dawn. I read the little excerpt yesterday, it makes me so anxious. Also, lets really plan for a time to hang out, that would be so much fun.
I'm not even going to read the little excerpt from Breaking Dawn... that's just too mean to leave me hanging, so I'm JUST NOT GOING TO DO IT! lol!
BTW- YES! Love M&M's, minty-things. I'm nervous too... if you don't like my stuff, that's cool but just... be nice! lol! ;-)
What a cute post. You peck at the computer! I have got to see this. I think that's pretty cool that you type fast that way. I like the pain description too... stuff like that is what makes these things interesting! I still have a tag to do from you. I will get to sometime....
You're so good...I still have yet to do either of these tags...hmm...one day right? I'm debating on reading the exerpt....ah...I'm so excited...hopefully madre will buy it...then i can read it in powell! i didn'tknow that you pecked when you typed...what kind of sister am i?! Anna is so blasted smart! I love that little girl! Hopefully I'll see you wednesday!
Cool list of stuff! I liked reading it all...and I find it creepy that we have the same list of obsessions right now. :) And, our husbands seem a lot alike...Weird stuff. (By the way, I also liked the feeling of the pain associated with bleeding gums during pregnancy. I didn't think anybody would feel the same...)
Anna seems like such a cute little girl. I think that's hilarious that she doesn't like cake or cookies. What kid doesn't like cake or cookies? I guess you won't have to worry about keeping the sweets away from her!
I peck at the computer keys too! I never learned the home keys. When we moved here from Cali we hadn't learned them yet, but everyone here already had and I was way behind and never picked them up, nice to know I'm not alone! That makes me feel smart!
Oh Megan, you make me laugh. Whenever I read your blogs I can just imagine you talking. I need to see you more. So you are doing a half in August. Which one? I admire your goal to be a domestic goddness. I struggle in this department. My poor husband. Seriously, I think he would appreciate it if we hung out more too.
What a smart baby she is! Yeah the whole abc song gets stuck in my head all day and it drives me batty. The liking pain thing is really weird, but I like all of those pain associated things you listed too. Especially the deep tissue massage and sore muscle one.
Hey, I finally created a blog. The site is geoffandheidi.blogspot.com if you want to visit!
so i've stumbled across your blog several times from my fellow NO friends and have been meaning to get in touch with my favorite motor-mouth. our blog is thelittlehealys.blogspot.com. let me know your email and i'll send you an invite if you want to check us out. brooklinvhealy at yahoo.com
your daughter is gorgeous!
You are so inspiring to me! What a super-woman-mom you are! Love you to death! Ohh and how do I get a pre-ordered copy of 'Breaking Dawn'? yeah..I'm hooked as well, August can't come fast enough..and when is the movie being released?
I cant even read the expert it will just make these next few months go that much slower! Have you finished the other book yet? I want to borrow it next, Ok Chelsie…Bradee Loves Anna too! They are so much a like it makes me sick! So hope to see you Thursday!
What half marathon are you running in August? I need to do another one so that it is a better experience that last one I finished just over 2 hours and I was disappointed and I had shoe issues during the race. My sister ran the ogden marathon this year. She had me run the last 3 miles with her and it make me think that I'm not sure I ever want to do that.
lets see-Now i feel that i know you-really know you! you shouldn't be afraid of being a good mom-look at what Anna can do-she didnt' jus tlearn by herslef-someone had to teach her and I am pretty sure that most of the teaching was done by you and not Ross! Be happy-you are a great mom! With some weird quirks! :)
We happen to get the Food Network with our regular TV, so I record them on DVD so Katie can watch them the next day. If I can convince Katie to part with it, maybe you can have our DVD...Payback for Ed.
As far as the who Twilight thing goes...My wife gives me a running synopsis of it all, and I must say, it sounds dumb.
MEGAN! I wish I could just email you - but alas! Don't have your addy! I have somewhat crummy news. My kitchen flooded - from the CEILING! So - I've been scrambling with taking everything out of the cupboards and dealing with plumbers. Having said that - I didn't mail off your package! Please don't hate me! It'll be mailed tomorrow! I promise!!!!
Alright...loved the tags, but I MUST comment on your previous post (I am really behind).... Your play-by-play of Anna's throw up saga had me crackin' up! :) Your posts always give me a good chuckle. And then, you guys didn't even make it to the zoo!! I wish you better luck the next time around! ;)
That was refreshing, well the pain thing was graphic, but fun to learn. Your Anna is a smarty pants. It is funny to do this blog thing because I think in real life the 2 of us have talked like 10 times and know I know so much about you!! I love it.
I am so totally excited about Breaking Dawn also. I don't think I can handle reading the first chapter because I will want to find out what happens after and that would just be too hard to wait for.
Just so you know. I also enjoy the pain of flossing. I think I dig into my gums a little too hard sometimes. I use to dig my finger nails into my gums and then rub the spot with my tongue. It's a weird thing.
Post a Comment