7.15.2008

The Latest Blog Posting Virus

So it seems that everyone on my blog roll has recently done a post called 'Memories' or 'Memory Lane' where the rules are this:


1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!


2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses.




At first I participated in Step #1 on all said blogs and had no intentions of completing Step #2. However, after I had regurgitated so many fun memories of my own on these blogs with all my friends, I thought I would complete Step #2. So come one, come all and leave a comment about a memory you have of us. Because I am sure I will regret this later....

35 comments:

The Davies Family said...

I remember going to your house just after you had Annabel and we were holding her and loving her and I was thinking this is nice, but yeah its going to be a while before I want to have another one..low and behold, not long after we were having a December baby as well..hmm I wonder..haha just teasing. Then you were showing me all The CANDY you guys had..I had never seen so much candy outside a candy shop in my life. I think it was your mother-in-law who bought it all..Of course Ross was in heaven! 'P' just loved the fact that Anna's middle name was her name!
And yeah, were in the world do we come up with an excuse to buy more clothes for us? Heck no am I buying and wearing all sorts of Beatles shirts..but come on, can't WE ever hear..'oh we have to get that for you.' once in a while?

Unknown said...

I remember...going to get McChicken sandwiches at least 2 times a week for lunch.

I remember...going around town and taking random pictures like at the Sinclair dinosaur, McDonald's & Kirts.

I remember...going to the Library during one of our classes almost every day and hanging out...does Josh's toes ring any bells? hehe

There are lots more but I will save you the embarrassment.

Jenny said...

Memories..oh so funny moments. I know that we had a LOT of laughs. But who can forget our brief but very real obsession with a little show called "Roswell"! We would get together every week and watch it together. Anyone could join us....just do NOT talk during it. I think that while it was on is the quietest either of us ever were! Haha, oh good times. We even dressed up like the main characters for Halloween. Your mom made us cute costumes (see senior yearbook for reference)!
Who knew that Max's sister (can't remember her name) would end up starring later on Grey's Anatomy?! Again, another tv obsession....dang I guess some things never change! I promise I didn't name Addie after that! ;)

Heidi said...

there are so many where to begin... how bout wearing the same clothes to school when we were little and everyone thinking we were twins. And takiing away your crutches so that it made you walk again without them! Oh that was mean, but look you can walk! Eating whole boxes of macaroni and cheese yum! All of the sleepovers and playing in your little jungle gym house thing that was in your basement. And of course who can forget growing up in the same ward and going to girls camp and youth conferences! Good times!

Tynel Jarnagin said...

Megan-
Hey, this is a very random post on your blog, but I found it through Carly, formerly known as Anger, then Kelsey, formerly known as Nixon, then Chelsie, still your younger sister. I do not have a blog myself, but I have been spending WAY too much time recently hopping from blog to blog and feeling really old to see you all married with kid(s).
I remember when it was my first year teaching dance, right out of high school, you were in the 4th or 5th grade, and I was your teacher. 12-13 year old Tap, Ballet, and Jazz, was it? Then when we started Rhythm Plus, you rocked it out in "Zero to Hero"! Honestly, what was I thinking????
It's great to see that you are happy and well. Your daughter is beautiful! Tynel
tynel.jarnagin@gmail.com

Carlee Hoopes said...

Ok, so I don't remember much of you in high school, but for some reason when I think about it, Roswell comes to mind. Did you have an unhealthy obsession with Roswell in high school? Hey, were you in my World Civ class with Mr. Slocum?

Megan said...

I don't know if 'unhealthy' is the correct term...maybe it was a little extreme :)

I never took World Civ, but I did take Sports Psych and AP American History from Slocum. How I loved that man. Dancing to 'Love Shack' during class and how he thought the government was always watching us through the outlets in the walls and such...and his rants about MTV. Haha.

JENNY - Isabel's (both on Grey's and Roswell) name is Katherine Heigl. Come on now! It's true I can still pretty much tell what the cast of Roswell did up until the show and what they are doing now....okay Carlee maybe you are right, 'unhealthy' is the right term.

The Goodrich's said...

Okay, how many hours did we spend together on the dance floor? Not one specific moment stands out...but many do. Rhythym, Jazz Plus-we thought we were pretty cool, huh? I don't know about you, but I had tons of fun anytime-yes, even the marathon Saturday morning practices.

I also remember going to Disneyland-maybe that is most vivid because I have so many silly pictures...

The Goodrich's said...

Oh yeah, was that really Tynel Jarnigan, our teacher, that commented? That's pretty random-if you see her pass on a hi! I often wonder what some of our old teachers are up to...

Chelsie said...

Ah crap, I don't know how to fit in one comment all of the memories we have....I guess that's what happens since I shared a room with you for like 16 years of my life....good times...ok...let us begin...i remember when you had a birthday party sleepover and you didn't want me to hang out with your friends, but you let me sit on the couch and watch curly sue with you guys...i remember trying to teach you how to do a back walk over and you broke you toe....how about sundays playing with the olsens and we would hide clues all around our yards that let to a little prize...and sometimes we would cheat and get on our roof and watch where they would hide the clues....I remember in high school when I told nathan no to prom, laying in bed bawling, and you talking to me (that was the first time you were nice to me i think...) and in college running around jumping on the furniture and counters and what not making animal noises...man we're lucky we had stacia and erin anyone else would have realized we were crazy

The Ballard's said...

My very first real memory of you was "Roswell" isn't that the show you were so obsessed with? I couldn't imagine someone liking a show so much... little did I know. You are darling & I have so enjoyed getting to know you more.

Jenny said...

Haha- Isabel! Of course..it's all coming back to me now! Haha, that's who you were for Halloween and I was Liz...sad I still know most of the names too. I have a cute picture of us in those costumes, but I'm not posting it for fear of being mocked beyond belief ;)

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

For sure I remember the Roswell obsession and not ever really understanding it. I remember you and Jenny shouting out answers in our AP Humanities class and getting frustrated cause I wasn't as bold as you guys. We all thought we were so cool learning all that art history.

C and C Young said...

Your Roswell obsession--dressing like the girls for Halloween!
Your parent's basement--heather said it looked like the seasons all threw up
Mile 10--rotten cottage cheese anyone?
Gushers candy
Watching the MTV video awards when they performed that song from Moulin Rouge
Calling Sara and I on your first day in St. George at school. We were so you left us.
Almost dying with Deneal and Heather in their cars going anywhere!
Ryan Allen and his food handler's permit "laminated and framed hanging above your bed."
Squeezers
"I'd rather jab out my right eye"

Sarah said...

This is a random one. I remember we were getting ready for some kind of health test. You really wanted to go work out and I really wanted a partner to study with. Together we came up with the brilliant idea that I would go with you, work out beside you and read the text book out loud. I remember having the book out while I walked on the treadmill and you next to me jogging of course. Man we were dorks. I remember you used to get so mad at me cause I never worked out and I had less body fat. Well those days are over especially having less body fat than you and now I work out.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Haha! I don't think we got our pictures taken at the mall but we did get shirts made for Halloween. I had forgotten we struck the pose in the "w". That makes me laugh.

I think you are totally right about the party. I had a bbq for graduating and invited family and friends. I believe you came with Cassi and Ryan after a boating expedition I believe. I wouldn't have even remembered that so obviously I wasn't upset. The more the merrier (is that how you spell it?)

Where does your mother-in-law live? I will have to ask my mom about it. She works for the paper and often meets lots of people. That would be a crazy small world.

C and C Young said...

I think you just said you laminated and hung it up to make Ryan feel good about himself. I don't think either of us was that stalkerish!!

Gage and Meg said...

Alright, I know I've made mention of this before...but it's something so monumental that I believe it should be revisited.

CAPES...

I am laughing right now as I type. Several things come to mind...

#1 - WHAT in the heck were they THINKING that year when they decided on that novelty theme?
#2 - What were WE thinking when we agreed to be "capes?"
#3 - WHY was there WHITE SPANDEX involved?
#4 - Have you ever been MORE EMBARRASSED in your LIFE?
#5 - Cape Weekly

Alright, enough said....but I will NEVER forget us cracking up over how ridiculous the capes were and then us getting in trouble for not properly caring for the capes, respecting the capes, etc. etc. :)

Meg, those were some great times and that's one memory that has not yet faded.

I also remember you being the TA for the nutrition class at good ol' USU. That was always fun to see you every week in class. (After all, a cape's bond with another cape lasts forever) har har.

Anyway, this is a long comment...but such good times deserve it! :) Fun Post!

brynn eyre said...

Favorite Megan memory, the night before you had gone on a date with another guy and the next day it was really bugging Ross. We were sitting in our kitchen and all of a sudden out of nowhere Ross yelled out "Megan, it bugs me that you went out on a date with another guy"! That was my cue to take off! AWKWARD! But it was the beginning of a great couple! I'm glad I was there to experience your guys first realization that you LOVED each other!

Jordan and Erin Farr said...

So I remember this time when you, Cody, Ross and I all went to Ross' house to drop him off. Cody and I being the good friends we are declined to come in with you two horn doggers. Then the next day I teased Ross about making out with you and he said you did. Now look at you married with a little girl. How cute!

Susie said...

I have many memories of you as I have known you your whole life. It has been fun watching you grow up into a Mom. I always remember how you always wore dresses and said that pants were for boys. And you were always looking a mirror combing your hair. It was also fun to live at your parents house while I went to Weber State and take you to dance lessons. You were like a little sister to me at that time.

Eric and Cami said...

Hey Meg-
Thanks for your post, and your little girl is seriously so cute! So memory of Megan... Your very long, gorgeous legs dancing in W-ettes, oh and of course Roswell, how could we ever forget? One new development though, since when do you like to run?

Anonymous said...

Apt 43=nutella. that should sum it all up.

V. Kenneth Jackson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
V. Kenneth Jackson said...

I remember one time when I came over to work on my website, and ate mole, and stuff. Yeah those were the days.

Natasha said...

The first memory that came to my mind was dancing together at the Dance Establishment. The Zero to Hero dance in the purple dresses. Good times.

CORYNN AND JER said...

Wow. I'm comment #27. You know a crud-load of people who blog.

Best memory with you in it:
Remember when Chris was telling us that she measured a lady and saw that her bra was OVER her Gs and how weird she thought it was. Then we both lifted up our shirts to show her that our bras were also over our Gs.
Ahhh.. flashing co-workers.. Good times!

Lori said...

i don't think we've actually shared many memories outside of the blogging world.

i vaguely remember going to high school with you. like... probably passing you in the commons ... or dancing by each other at a stomp... yup... :)

hopefully many running/tri memories will be made in the future. Oh.. a good way to start: Wasatch Back Relay!

Jaclyn said...

i remember coming to your house to play with you and juliet went to play with chelsie. i didn't ever hang out with you in high school so i don't have any from there.

Bennington's said...

There are a few memories that come to mind:
1 When we almost got killed when we went to that party on Monroe and Daniel got locked out of the car, and also the crazy guy that jumped on my car.
2 How about the time we slept over my grandma's house and we decided toliet paper Zach Mason's house and we got caught, and they made us clean it up.
3 Do you remember the time we wrote Andrew Powell a love letter in elementary and singed it your secret admire?
We really were dorks, but at least we had a good time. Well maybe not the time we almost died from going to a party.

Stacia Cummings said...

The Ring (I'm still a little disturbed from that), the Logan marathon (at least half of it), Gilmore Girls, and that time my bedroom was the living room. There were also many other times I remember laughing hysterically with you but I can't remember why we were laughing. It was probably over something that really wasn't that funny in the first place, but we thought we were pretty funny.

10zfam said...

some of the memories that come to mind are: when you broke your leg, selling candy from kings in your front yard (too bad we weren't smart enought to sell then for more than we bought them for), the halloween stomp at dixie (musketeer outfits), Mile 10 forever, USU football game and many more

Ryan said...

I believe you have a treasured shirt that says it all. When was the last time you wore it? I think that shirt itself is blog worthy...

faithanddustin said...

I knew I would like you at Jordan's wedding, specifically the wedding reception. The topics of converstation and also the volume of said conversations had the entire room looking at our table like we were some sort of loud obnoxious freaks (they were right).

Now for Ross- I remember when Ross was 16 and the rest of us weren't. Ross decided to go to a dance and we all went to the mall (yup, the Ogden City Mall- America's favorite family fun park turned ghetto (even funnier is that I am currently sitting right about where Nordstrom used to be as I write this... anywho)) to help Ross pick out shirts for the dance. I believe we were there for a good two or three or even four (okay, probably not four) hours looking at shirts. We went to just about every store in the mall: Mr. Rags, Fanzz, The Copper Rivet, Gart Bros., ZCMI, JC Penny, Lamonts, etc. We finally all pretty much told Ross which shirt he was picking out (I believe it was the Miami Dolphins shirts). Typical Ross- just did not want to make a choice (except for the best choice he ever made, which was Megan). Good times.

Tyler and Sara said...

Hmm... a memeory to share. I would share an embarrassing one, but I don't think I could do that without also embarrassing myself. There's so many good ones it's hard to choose. The way you used to hit in high school (I was sure you hated me), when you screamed at jock wall, mile 10. I remember Ross calling me to get your number. Also, when he randomly showed up at my house to show off his new motorcycle. When he told you he thought he could never marry you... But there are a lot of really good ones with you guys, like when you let us live with you and your wedding day.