
Ross shared this video (click here) with me yesterday. I was in awe. Of course, I had to go to McDonald's website and find out his daily caloric intake. And this is assuming he has 6 piece nuggets and not the 10 piece and medium, instead of large fries...I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
Breakfast: 1,560 calories
Lunch: 1,250 calories
Dinner: 2,510 calories
Daily Intake: 5, 320 calories, 287 fat grams, 90.5 saturated fat grams, and 234 grams of protein

Since watching the Olympics I have used the word 'insane' to describe a lot of the events and results. Annabelle has been using the word 'awesome' every time someone is jumping off a diving board. I think Ross would use Anna's favorite new word to describe who I think might be his new hero. After all, nutrition isn't really his 'forte' either ;)

14 comments:
Wow, that's crazy! I heard Michael Phelps in an interview saying that he couldn't eat enough calories that he needed in a day--and he would eat enough for a family of 4 each meal! Uh...he can take some of my calories away from me! Crazy Olympic athletes.
Don't forget to mention, 2 Gold Medals, 2 Bronze Medals, and 2 World Records. Sounds like I need to eat more McDonalds!
ha, i agree...maybe mcdonalds is his key to success...holy freakin crap though...i can't believe how much food he said he ate!! i think he has more mcdonalds in one day than i have in my entire life! now if it were wendy's that would be a different story...but you catch my drift! maybe i should pick up swimming..or any type of exercise for that matter
Holy cow! That is so crazy. My brother-in-law saw something that said Michael Phelps eats roughly 10,000 calories a day. I don't even know how you would do that! I guess you could do it if you burned like 4,000 calories per workout. I just wonder what they'll all look like when they stop swimming!
Good thing he's burning all those calories in the pool! Man, I would get so sick eating all that junk!
that sounds pretty disgusting. i hope you have someone else in mind to marry when he dies at 35 of clogged arteries. jk
to each his own huh?
So does eating 5,000+ calories at McDonalds make you a better athlete? I need to give this diet a try.
Thanks for the good news! I tell you ignorance is bliss.
Wow...now that's some dedication to one place- 3 meals a day?! Yuck! I suppose the difference between him and the "Supersize me" guy is that he's probably burning most of those calories off every day. So I guess whatever works. I feel fatter just listening to him talk about it!
I didn't get to watch the video cause I had to install some program and Andrew gets on my case installing things on his computer. However, i can gather what it was about from your post. I read something on Phelps diet and it was an insane amount of food. Like a whole bag of spaghetti and a whole pizza for lunch here is the link http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/aug/14/michaelphelps.swimming1. Anyway I think I need to train for the Olympics so I can eat that much food. I love food.
Hey I never thought about beans I just have stayed away from them because I thought it would give them major gas, or the runs. I'm totally going to try it. thanks. Plus Reese eats hotdogs too. I've tried the turkey ones. But I feel like the easiest foods are not the healthiest. like chicken nuggets or something.
Okay, seriously that made me want to VOMIT! Sick! I could never eat like that! Guess there must be something 'special' in Mcd's, wink, wink!
I sure that is him and not me. I think I would be sick. That was a interesting video.
Post a Comment