8.20.2007

Holy Moly!

So last Saturday I did the XTerra Mountain Triathlon held at Snowbasin. Now before you are too impressed..I did it relay (I only did the running). John (my brother-in-law) did the swimming at Pineview Reservoir and a kid that works with his dad did the mountain biking from the dam up to Snowbasin. It was crazy! There were professionals from all around the world. I felt slightly out of place.
Now I thought to myself...I run all the time...so it will have some hills...I will be ok. BOY WAS I WRONG! So basically I ran straight up the mountain for two miles (their website says you climb up to 7,500 ft.), on a gravel and rocky trail and then straight back down. On the way up I am surprised I did not roll my ankle because I was just running on top of rocks and the way back down I was trying NOT to go so fast for fear I would eat it.
Any who, the run kicked my trash. I didn't do as well as I had hoped; although, we at least finished 8th out of the 20 in our division. I still had fun and it was great to see my husband and little Anna at the finish line (along with the rest of my fam-thanks guys!) Hopefully next months triathlon will be better.

This is me before the race..I am the only one who is not wearing the typical running attire of a tight fitted tank top...its just not my style.

Crossing the finish line.

My cheerleaders.

Andy, Me and John. They had time to rest before this pic was taken since running is last. That would be why my face still matches the color of my shirt.

7 comments:

Chelsie said...

Brandon and I were mucho impressido...how's that for spanish Rossario? I thought that you guys did great! I would have died on that run! How about that little boy who looked like he was about 8 who did the running part! I was pretty impressed with him also! Good job Overman!

Anonymous said...

Man Megan I am impressed! You are my idol! When I run I prefer to be more covered, it hides all of the bouncing and jiggling!

Barb said...

Congrats Megs! That uphill would have killed me! You are looking awesome. Everytime I see you you are looking skinnier & skinnier. You are good motivater for a gal like me. My face gets super tomatoish too when I run. Especially right after.

10zfam said...

I'm impressed megan, good job
you look awesome

Marie Rose said...

okay Megan...you only live like 20 minutes away. We should definately do things like this together. I've been looking for someone to do that with. You and me should definately become friends...what do you say?

Anonymous said...

You freakin rock my face, which gets red after I run too. It's normal and healthy...at least that's what I keep telling myself...

Anonymous said...

Yeah that last one, that was me, melissa petersen.