7.20.2008

Cotton Candy Sickness

Last night was Ross's work party at Thanksgiving Point. It was fun because unlike their Christmas party, this one is for the family. So Ross, Annabelle and I went and enjoyed the typical summer meal - your choice of hamburgers, hot dogs and grilled chicken, some corn on the cob I couldn't even look at because I knew it wouldn't taste as good as Harward Farms Sweet Corn, and potato salad (nasty!)


Anna had fun running around, playing in the 'jumping house' although she did very little jumping and a lot more falling and rolling around.

They had snow cones and cotton candy - both of which have been a while since I have enjoyed and the recent memories of Carlee's post sparked my interest. So I waited in the cotton candy line for a good 15 minutes being a good 3 feet taller than any other person waiting in line to rekindle some childhood memories.

And I got about this far before I had had enough. Wow! Am I really that lame? Good thing Anna liked it, but after about 3 bites I started to feel too guilty and took it away - much to her dismay - she kept yelling 'Candy!'


In other Annabelle happenings (sorry to all those who have had enough ) she has started showing a lot more interest in coloring, so we got her an Elmo coloring book.


Instead this is where all the coloring went. I guess it is better than the walls.

We recently had some friends over who just had a baby. While we were eating dinner they needed somewhere to put the infant (their 2 year old had recently stepped on her when they put her on the floor) so I pulled out Anna's old bouncer. Now she drags it out of the closet every day to climb in it and repeatedly says 'baby's bed!'


I can't believe it wasn't that long ago she actually fit into it. Time flies - I can't believe how big she is getting, but I am not sad about it either.

21 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

I'm glad you gave the cotton candy a second chance. Hopefully one of these days I'll grow out of liking it as well because I know how bad it is for me! Tell me about this Harward Farms corn? I am a sucker for good Utah sweet corn. Is it up this way or down by you guys?

Ryan said...

C'mon. "Megan's favorite things" T-shirt. You know which one I'm talking about!

Heidi said...

I was expecting alot more out of you with the cotton candy, not too much sugar for you was it!? I thought you could handle it! Anyway looks like a fun party. Glad we finally got to get together it was way fun catching up and chattin for a while we will have to do it again!

Susie said...

Cute pictures of the Anna! My kids love cotton Candy, but for myself it is yucky! It is amazing how fast they do grow up she still looks cute in the bouncer seat though.

heather bing said...

You wuss, I remember polishing off a cake, well I guess most of that was on our faces but still. Although I would love to see you in the cotton candy line shoving little kids out of your way! Funnel cakes are the way to go, they are the caviar of the carnival food!

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

I agree with the whole growing up way to fast but not being sad about it! Love the jump house pics I can just see it now :)

Sarah said...

You got to love those free work parties. We recently went to a similar party just for our little community. The idea of cotton candy sounded good until I took a bite. I don't know what it good about that stuff. I ripped half of it off and let Jane have at it. She of course thought it was good. Anna is so cute. I think she really wants a sibling. Just wait till you pull all the baby stuff out and she will want to play with it all.

Chelsie said...

Check out that work party!! We never have anything that cool! Ah I haven't had cotton candy since our trip to sea world when I was in high school...ugh we ate so much crap that trip...more than normal. Ha, Anna...I love all her new sayings lately....especially when we left and she said "bye guys" she so cute

Laurin West said...

The sight of cotton candy makes me shudder. That is about all I could handle too. Funny how coloring never stays on the paper. At least it didn't end up on the bench at church like Kate so kindly did last week.

P.s. Those squeaky shoes sale for around $32-$35 dollor in story but she said the discount is about $7-$10 making them about $25. Then if they have to be shipped it a couple more dollars. Either 2 or 3 it is a flat rate though. Let me know if you are interested. She has more than what is on her site. Don't worry I am not trying to sell them to anyone I just really liked them so I though I'd share. If you don't want them no worries!

Unknown said...

I can't believe that Anna actually colors with the crayons (even if it is the table) Kylin still eats them!

The work party looks like fun...I LOVE cotton candy, because I love everything candy :)

10zfam said...

i'm with you on the cotton candy. Ryan loves it though. Cambree doesn't like the feel of it so I don't have to worry about her eating it.
you should try the color wonders markers and paper. The markers only work on the special color wonder paper so they can't ruin walls, furnitures, clothes, etc. They are great

Brandon & Tiff said...

I too have been dying for some cotton candy since Carlee's posts! We are heading to Disney Land on thursday with my brother and his kids so I will have to give it a try. Hopefully I'll take Carlee's liking on it....or maybe yours would be better though! Way to go on the coloring Annabell!

Tynel Jarnagin said...

I'm with you on the cotton candy. I used to be able to down that stuff- no problem by myself. But now it gives me the shivers after several bites. All my kids love it and fight to get it. Especially since we are cheap-o parents and usually only buy ONE cotton candy for all four kids to share! Looks like it was a great work party!

Barb said...

I just stopped by a Harward Farms corn stand today and picked up a half dozen corns. Yum! We just had it for dinner too. You will have to tell me which Harward farm corn stand is the "best one" I went to the one by brookside, but there is also one on Main St. that is right close to my house. Austin loves to color too as of late. Sidewalk chalk is his new thing and I make him color in the garage since it gets so blasted hot for me to sit outside now. Woah ok I will stop this comment here..its getting long. tata my friend(;

C and C Young said...

potato salad is so nasty especially in outdoor settings when it has been baking in the sun developing some sort of nasty botchilism based disease

Stacia Cummings said...

The party looks fun. You know I love sugar but I'lm with ya on the cotton candy. Only so much can be processed. I know Beckett will be a fan like Anna, so we'll keep it away as long as possible.

Megan said...

I hear ya Cassi! I already don't like potato salad, but after my communicable disease class all I can think about when I see the stuff food borne illness outbreak waiting to happen.

BARB - I don't know if a specific stand is better than another..I will have to look into that.

And for everyone who doesn't know, Harward Farms is my Uncle's farm and he sells the most amazing sweet corn in the world here in Utah County. Seriously. Once you have the stuff you can never buy corn from somewhere else again.

And I really DO love my sugar, but I am more of a peanut butter or mint with chocolate kind of gal.

The Goodrich's said...

Oh man, silly Annabelle. My mom had all the baby things (swing, bouncer, jungle gym) out while my sis was here and Molly kept getting in "baby Gavin's rocking chair" which was really the bouncer.

Don't be embarrassed about posting about Annabelle. She'll be glad you did when she's older and can laugh at herself!

Jaime said...

I love cotton candy! You could have made a flip book of the cotton candy disappearing with each picture.

Anjanette said...

I can't believe some mom let their 2 year old step on their new baby! She should be watching them better:)

Ryan said...

I love the backpack. Heck I'd wear it if it only cost a dollar.

I also remembered the boating experience the other day, and I must say I've never been in more disgusting water. I felt like I needed to lay in a solution of acid to clean myself off. Thanks for the help, we couldn't have gotten home without you!

Plus, those sausage chips were AMAZING!