7.31.2008

My Rant about SOTTCS

What?! Did you think I mean SYTYCD? You didn't know they changed the name of the show? Yes. It is now titled 'Shout Out To The Choreographer Show.' I think it has a nice ring to it, don't you?

But SERIOUSLY I know this show is to highlight choreographers who, some might say, don't get enough recognition. But this season has brought it to a whole new level and last night was enough! I mean does each judge need to go on and on about the choreographer of every dance? I felt like they hardly even talked about the dancers, they didn't critique them at all. I think they were all hopped up on Paula's happy pills cause they thought everything and everyone was so wonderful. It was all about the choreographers of the dances, the famous one in the audience and Paula...oh Paula. Did anyone else catch her eyeing the camera from behind Tyce and she honestly made sure it was on her before she gave him that kiss. Bleh!

How come the only Wednesday night show to be one hour was the week before the finale too? It felt like the show was rushed and that things were edited/cut out. After the judges talked it always seemed choppy when it went back to Cat. Or was this just me? Isn't the show live? Weird.

My other problem with this season, that Will got kicked off last week. I know he doesn't have to most lovable personality, but he wasn't totally lame, and definitely the best dancer! I mean Danny made it to the Final Four last year and he was uber lame personality wise.

I voted like crazy for the first time tonight - go Twitch and Chelsea - cause lets face it...if I see Katee do this finger tingly graspy thing one more time I am gonna scream like Mary. Speaking of things I find weird, it's TabithA, not TabithAR...weird British people...

Any who, what makes me happy right now is this. I am going to gain 10lbs and watch my fave show - what could get better? I am starting to get worried that I am getting a little too involved in this show.... however, I don't things can ever escalate to the 'Roswell' level. We'll see.

14 comments:

CORYNN AND JER said...

You wrote that you voted for Will and Chelsie.. do you mean Joshua and Chelsie?

I also thought it was overdone on the props-to-the-choreographers. Sheesh, get on with it!

I don't think Will was as dull as Danny. And do you remember how arrogant Danny seemed?

Megan said...

I meant Twitch and Chelsie - sorry about that! Yeah Danny was AMAZING last year but had zero personality and was amazingly arrogrant, Will was not that way so I expected him to make it into the Final Four for sure!

I guess we will see tonight if my voting paid off or if little girls just really love 'emo' guys (Ross thinks that is why Mrk is still there)

Chelsie said...

Ah i couldn't agree more...even brandon who was just on the computer while we watched the show said...the judges talk too much. and it's about rants and raves about mary and nigel hooking up..that was awkward....and other randomness....last night was the first night i've devoted myself to voting....100 times for twitch and like 50 for chelsie...i figured she didn't need my votes as much....but i am good with either josh or mark going home...i just don't like them as much...i wanted it to be twitch and will as the final two boys...grrr!!!

Lori said...

oh my. we usually record it and watch in on Saturday due to J&A and Van's schedule... but we threw that out the window to make sure we watched it last night so we could VOTE. Cause SO HELP ME if Joshua OR Twitch goes home I'm going to cry. I'm amazed EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. with Joshua.... seriously!! The girls? I am a die hard Chelsie fan. Courtney needs to go... she's always been kinda eehhhhh to me.

Those are my thoughts. I'm totally thinking about coming next Wednesday. Spending a night with those who are just as obsessed? Hmmmmmmm

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

I think your new title is completely appropriate. What a crappy night of total sucking up. Not my favorite night for the comments but the dancing was really good. :)

Carlee Hoopes said...

Holy cow, I thought the exact same thing last night. I am so sick of the choreographers getting all the props. The show's not about them! It makes me so mad. Also, I was really gearing myself up for a finale with Twitch and Will. They were my favorites. Now if Mark makes it I will be FURIOUS! Joshua I am just so so with. I hope he makes it over Mark though. I voted like crazy for Twitch last night. I think Courtney will go home tonight. Can't wait until next Wednesday!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Love your new blog look! My thoughts on SYTYCD....I think Chelsie comes off a bit standofish to others. Like she isn't all over her partner all the time like a lot of the girls. Maybe that is a good thing but I am just curious what people think of her. No doubt she is a good dancer. I am a little annoyed this season that so many of the dancers have such 'professional' draining backgrounds. I lost all respect for Comfort when I found out she went to a performing arts college and was taught other genres of dance. I don't know call me crazy but it is getting to be too much like American Idol. I liked it when it seemed like the home town dancers won instead of those that have competed professionally all over. That is my rant. Go twitch and chelsie!

C and C Young said...

I agree with Melissa. I am totally bugged that people have had professional training. Go Twitch.

Megan said...

MELISSA & CASSI - I completely agree. It is one thing to have been dancing forever at a regular studio and compete and another to be in a dance academy or have a famous/professional dancer as your teacher/mentor - like in Will and Danny's case. I think that is why I liked Sabra so much last year and Twitch this year. I like rooting for the underdog or the most improved, you know? But it is still fun to watch amazing dancers like them.

Kandace Smith said...

I am totally bummed that chelsie is gone but I love twitch! Ya I know what you mean about all the choreographer getting all the hype.I will always watch though because I love the dances and dancers

The Taylor Family said...

Okay I really think that should be the name of the show. Props to the choreographers, but we know they are GOOD. That's why they are there making the big bucks. And could Paula Abdul be any more disgusting how she was watching the camera to see if it was on her. What a wierdo. So in my opinion I just LOVE Joshua and his sweet heart. He gets out there and dances amazing, looks so tough even in the bootie pants and then his smile is so sweet after that he looks like he might crumble if you don't like what he just did. And he got his braces OFF! I think he is by far most improved. I swear he just learned how to do leaps and turns and they look better than I ever did! Is Mia into guys or girls? Just curious....I can't tell. I do miss Will and was surprised Chelsie went home and not Courtney. And seriously one of Marks family members must be counting the votes because how is he still there. And Last but NOT least I totally HEART Katie. I hope she wins.

Unknown said...

SERIOUSLY! I agree, that is why I DVR it and never watch it live cause I just fast forward past all the judges comments and just watch the dancing. Oh, by the way I got that email you sent me...sorry I haven't written you back yet. Thanks for thinking of me! I am actually going to a party at my neighbors house. I hope you guys have lots of fun...post pictures!

Jenny said...

All I can say about the show is thank goodness for DVR!! I HAVE to absolutely fast forward through Mary screaming! She's worse than Paula on Idol with her drunken rambling. I also have a serious issue with the whole "let's make sure we kiss the choreographers butts" thing. I mean, what do they think is going to happen if they don't? Will they really leave the show and do something with much less recognition and/or publicity. I highly doubt that.
Anyway, thanks for the rant Megan- so necessary!

Jenny said...

ps- I'm totally ticked about Will too....not only for his dancing ability, but seriously he had the most ridiculous body I've ever seen on a dancer...haha even Jed couldn't deny it. I was also sad to see Chelsea go- lame!