1 - I am not a big fan of reality TV (except for SYTYCD and for some reason Americas Next Top Model - the latter I am not sure why). I have only seen a handful of American Idol or Bachelor episodes since it started and I have never watched an episode of Big Brother, Survivor, etc...
2 - I am not a really a romantic. I don't like sappy chick flicks. Don't get me wrong, I like normal chick flicks like 27 Dresses or 10 Things I Hate About You, but I hated Charlie and have no desire to see PS I Love You or The Notebook. I always disliked when guys took my on dates to watch the sunset, told me I was beautiful or sent me flowers the next day - these all happened on first dates people! That stuff freaks me out!
3 - I get nervous before I bite into a piece of fruit every time. I get really anxious about the fruit being too soft or mealy or it just tasting bad. I am totally a texture person and if fruit isn't the exact texture I want it, I can't eat it. It makes me gag. This is especially true with apples and peaches and I eat these fruits all the time so I am not sure why I have not gotten over it.
4 - I always have a celebrity crush. And they always make it into my dreams. They are still famous and on their show but for some reason I am there and we are friends (don't worry, we are never more than friends!) but its like it is normal for them to know me and be friends with me. After thinking about some past crushes from high school (here, here, here) and some more recent ones (here and here) I think I might have a problem and they kind of all look the same.
5 - I make lists for everything. I have a to-do list for each day, always have a grocery list going, when I get the grocery ads I sit down and make a list of things that are on sale that we need so I can take it with me when we go shopping to price match, etc... It makes me abnormally happy when I look at my lists and everything is crossed off (this isn't as common of an occurrence as I would like)
I could only think of 5 and really needed some help so I asked Ross naturally. He said all of mine were lame and tried to come up with 6 of his own. He couldn't do it either - I have come to the conclusion that I must just be boring. And I thought Ross' list of my quirks was interesting. I don't think of any of those as quirky. So I thought I would share them too.
1- I had never eaten spaghettios or watched any of the original Star Wars movies until I married Ross. Speaking of, why do people actually eat spaghettios?
2- I am deathly afraid of spiders. They give me the chills (and not in a good way) I scream and run away when I see them, but I had no problem touching cadavers in my human anatomy lab and I love to watch the surgeries and injuries on shows like E.R. and Greys Anatomy and look at pictures people have from their surgeries (Ross hates blood, which is why he finds this weird).
3- Ross says I have 5 shirts, each in 30 different colors. (SO not true. Men are just unobservant)
4- I can't leave a dish in the sink, I have to make the bed as soon as we are out of it, I vacuum at least 3x a week and basically keep everything clean, but I won't clean the showers - the one place we go to get clean. That is the one job I make Ross do. I never had to do it growing up, okay! Speaking of, I have never mowed a lawn in my life.
I tag: Deanna, Melanie, Melissa M., Sarah C., Katie D., and Danielle

27 comments:
I KNOW you watch ANTM for the eye candy--(Mr. and Miss J right???)
I LOVE spaghettios! And I love Jim too! *sigh*
Haha. You totally caught me Cassi! I don't know how both Mr. and Miss Jay were left off my celebrity crush list! LOL.
Speaking of ANTM, have you been watching it this season? The season premier was so WEIRD! I honestly thought about doing a post about it, but I didn't know if anyone watches the show. The whole futuristic thing was just lame and the special effects were retchid and cheesy. I don't know how she has done it either, but Tyra is even more spastic and in love with herself this season.
Love your quarts you have. One of yours is mine too that is cleaning and making sure everything is in a home. I basically vacuum myself out of house. Thanks for sharing!!
I don't clean the showers either but I am compulsive about vacuuming and dusting. I can't study unless I have vacuumed.
I can't stand reality shows either. I never watched one in my life until I turned on SYTYCD last season and fell in LOVE with it.
I love it when people post stuff like this, you learn a lot about them :)
- Sarah
Love the post...I did that one awhile back. It's hard to think up these things sometime.
Oh, and the pic of Max from Roswell is still hot, I don't care what anybody says! Gotta love it.
Ross's quirks are funny- I totally relate to the Star Wars remark!
TOTALLY agree with ANTM comment---The makeover show was JUST as bad--what was up with the "Glenda the Good Witch" act???--WEIRD. I have to watch this show on my own time--chadd is totally freaked out by tyra and thinks she is WAY too self involved--I totally agree with him this season!!! I think I DVR it just 'cause I can...which is the reason why I record most things!!!
I could not agree with you more about how strange ANTM's premiere was. Plus, how dumb was the way they told the girls they were going to get makeovers? Come on, Tyra, enough with the "acting". And Mr. Jay as Prince Charming? Not sure it could get any weirder. I'm glad you are a fan of the show too. It's pretty much the one show of mine that Kenny will NOT watch with me. It drives him crazy. I'm down with you about the texture of fruit. If it's at all weird, I have to throw it away. I'm sad you don't like all chick flicks. I must say, I heart PS I Love You. It makes me cry my eyes out and I still want to watch it more! Silly girls....
HATE spaghettios, they smell like throw up..am I right? And those crushes..seriously? the guy from the Office? yuck! Roswell dude is pretty cute..don't you think he would have made a better Edward Cullen than that ugly english dude? oh and the guy from pushing daisy's is pretty cute too.
I am a ANTM lover. Andy cannot watch it with me because he will mock it the whole time. Tyra is getting cheesier and cheesier. I am kind of a loser but I get on cwtv.com and play ANTM games. Basically to see how well you know the show. I need a hobby or a child soon.
I am a ANTM lover. Andy cannot watch it with me because he will mock it the whole time. Tyra is getting cheesier and cheesier. I am kind of a loser but I get on cwtv.com and play ANTM games. Basically to see how well you know the show. I need a hobby or a child soon.
I hear ya 100% on 2, 3, and 5 (on your list, not Ross'). I'm the same way! Although, I can't believe you hadn't had Spaghettio's until you were married. What the?!?! That's like one of the 3 meals we were fed as kids. I loved it at the time, but now it kind of makes me gag. Weird how tastes change.
Oh, and who's the last crush guy? I've never seen him before.
CASSI & CARLY - That was the other episode that I almost blogged about it was so bad. I was afraid Ross would walk in and see the 'good witch scene' he doesn't watch the shoe either. Ross mocks the show as well and he thinks 75% of the girls are way ugly (which I agree and then you see the pictures and you are like WOA!)
CARLEE - The last guy is Lee Pace. He is the main character in 'Pushing Daisies' I highly recommend that show. It's one of the 3 Ross and I watch together - he likes it to. Totally his kind of random humor.
ALEXIS - I am afraid we can no longer be friends. Yes we share a distaste for spaghettios, but I can't believe you think John Krasinski is unattractive. I have more than a crush on him. I think that one might actually worry Ross a bit ;)
I LOVE your quirks...they are great! I am so glad that you got tagged. I love the list of crushes you have on there...they made me laugh and are pretty much the same as mine. & I wish I had a quirk about keeping everything spotlessly clean like you! Oh, I am totally with you on the guys not noticing different shirts...ARRRGGGH!
haha, maybe we don't like spiders because dad would chase us with them when we were little...kill them and then act like they were going to get us...ah and who doesn't love jim?! i still to this day have yet to try spaghettios....i have fed them to coop before, but the spoon has never gone in my direction. i need to watch pushing daisies...it looks funny.
Man you have the biggest blog following then any other of my blogging buddies. Could you not have chosen one of them to tag? We will see what if I get around to it. It would be nice have a husband that would come up with mine for me!!!
There does not exist a good reason for eating Spaghetti-Os. Also, I don't even know what it means when you say something tastes "mealy"? What the? And I completely agree about the whole shirt thing. My wife has the same problem/sense of taste...
Meg loved the quirks and I think out of any of the husbands on these blogs I'd be interested to hear random ross's quirks. Your stories about him crack me up. Well it's final Ross has inspired us to start a new tagging trend: husbands quirks!
Meg loved the quirks and I think out of any of the husbands on these blogs I'd be interested to hear random ross's quirks. Your stories about him crack me up. Well it's final Ross has inspired us to start a new tagging trend: husbands quirks!
megan, loved the story... i'm so glad you shared it. to be honest with you, that race began at such an ungodly hour that my brain and eyes hadn't quite turned on yet, so i didn't even notice. next time we see each other in the flesh, let's give each other high fives and compare the "celebrities" we blogstalk.
and your little girl is a cute little whip.
and also, spaghettios: what are they, really? a failed attempt at canned spaghetti? have mercy.
and how's your sister lacie?
megan, loved the story... i'm so glad you shared it. to be honest with you, that race began at such an ungodly hour that my brain and eyes hadn't quite turned on yet, so i didn't even notice. next time we see each other in the flesh, let's give each other high fives and compare the "celebrities" we blogstalk.
and your little girl is a cute little whip.
and also, spaghettios: what are they, really? a failed attempt at canned spaghetti? have mercy.
and how's your sister lacie?
Have you really never mowed a lawn in your life? I do every week, even like 3 days before I had Morgan. Brian would if I let him but I am a freak about the lawn. And I totally agree on the chick flick thing, I hated Charlie. And I am the same with my lists, Brian thinks thats weird.
So I'm kind of new to the bolg thing and I don't think I understand, how about I just not do anything? :) Also I bought her pillowcase dress at a craft fair, which means I probably paid $20 more than I needed to. Sometimes they really are made out of a pillowcase, and I think sometimes you just go get cute fabric. I'm sure your mom could make this with her eyes closed. If you need instructions or to see it closer let me know. I keep thinking I'm going to make them for presents but haven't yet.
You are a way better wife than me because we are never just friends in my dreams!!! But don't worry Kurt has died in a tragic car accident.
I love the celebrity crush photos! And I am with you all the way on the spaghettios- gross!!! My kids have never had them either~ am I raising warped kids?
I love the celebrity crush photos! And I am with you all the way on the spaghettios- gross!!! My kids have never had them either~ am I raising warped kids?
Post a Comment